Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
♪ They tried to bribe me with a forklift! ♪

Yeah, despite all the freebies, I'm still not enamored of the Epic store. (Now with shopping cart!) I claim them the same way I compulsively loot things in video games. I have yet to install and play any game from Epic. I hold no ill will towards those who do, because I can see the appeal of free games that are easy and legal to get.

figmentPez

Staff member
Today's Epic Freebie: Neon Abyss a side scrolling, platformer, bullet hell, rogue-lite. I've had some fun watching Dodger play, but that's way too stressful a combo of genres for me.

Meanwile, Steam has Press Any Button for free. I know nothing about it.

And elsewhere in discounted games, there's tons of holiday sales going on. Fanatical, Greenman Gaming, and others.

figmentPez

Staff member
The only two big name vampires games right now would be Vampyr (which is supposedly getting a sequel, so maybe some news on that too?) and the battle royale one from Paradox. It's probably Vampyr (which is fun and underrated).
Rumors say that Vampyr is correct, with Pathfinder: Kingmaker on Friday, and Prey (2017) on Saturday. Supposedly the same leak source as last year has been predicting a couple of days ahead this year, instead of dumping the whole list at once.

All the Sims 3 packs bundled for $66.43 on Steam. You have to have Sims 3 in your Steam library to complete the purchase. But then you can transfer the CD keys to your origin account if you want.

GOG.com is having a newsletter-only offer for Paradox Entertainment games - it's not visible for people who aren't on the newsletter. For those who like the genre, it's a very nice deal.

All together (including most expansions) for €16 (-85%, I'm not sure where it ends up in dollars but probably around $15-$20). These are all pretty awesome games in their genre - if you like historical grand strategy (Total War, Crusader Kings, etc) this is beyond worth it.

figmentPez

Staff member
GOG.com is giving away copies of Iratus: Lord of the Dead which looks like it might be a Darkest Dungeon knock-off.

Prime Gaming's January titles are up:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Origin)
- Total War: Warhammer (Epic)
- World War Z: Aftermath (Epic)
- Two Point Hospital
- Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
- Abandon Ship
- Paper Beast
- In Other Waters
- WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship

GasBandit

Staff member
GOG's having a sale on what they call "Survival Games".

Only standouts to me were:
Don't Starve (but oddly enough not Don't Starve Together?) for $2.50
Phoning Home for $2, which is a really chill and well done adventure-cum-walking-sim more than a survival game really
and
Dying Light for $10, which is fun if you have a friend or two to co-op with.

GOG's having a sale on what they call "Survival Games".

Only standouts to me were:
Don't Starve (but oddly enough not Don't Starve Together?) for $2.50
Phoning Home for $2, which is a really chill and well done adventure-cum-walking-sim more than a survival game really
and
Dying Light for $10, which is fun if you have a friend or two to co-op with.
I'll add the following...

Yuppie Psycho is an interesting horror title set in a bleak, capitalist future inside an office building. I dig it.
Metro 2033 Redux is the modern remake of the classic survival shooter. Set in the Russian Metro 20 some years after a nuclear doomsday, Artyem must seek help to defend his station from mutants. (Based on a Russian Novel)
Metro: Last Light Redux is the sequel to the above. Artyem's discovery of D6 has upset the balance of power in the Metro and now he must confront the choice he made at the end of the last game.
Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories is the most recent title in this Realistic Survival adventure series. Get entangled in the lives of other survivors as you try to escape a destroyed cityscape following a series of earthquakes.
Pathologic 2 is a remake/reimagining of the Ice Pick Lodge classic survival horror title. Really fucking depressing. Really amazing game. RagnarRoxx has a good video on it.
The Final Station is about being the engineer of a train in a future where humanity has become isolated for... reasons. Kind of neat.
The Suffering is a third person horror shooter game about a convict having to escape a haunted prison island when everything goes to shit. I really dug this back in the day but I doubt it holds up. Ties that Bind is the sequel set immediately after the first title... it dives more into the "become a monster" mechanic and the morality system. I've heard these two don't play well on modern systems.

GasBandit

Staff member
GoG's having another sale, with some titles 85% off.

GasBandit

Staff member
Another week, another GOG sale