Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
Slow month for Prime Gaming , IMO. Still nice to see them continuing to give out a game via GOG.com
- Stellaris (GOG.com)
- Ashwalkers: A Survival Journey
- Golazo! Soccer League
- As Far as the Eye
- Double Kick Heroes

Nearly forgot about this week's Epic freebie: Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Oh my, what a tragedy it would have been to miss that. </Sarcasm>

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble VR Discovery Bundle
$1
- Tower Tag
$12
- Trover Saves the Universe
- Cook-Out
- Panoptic
- Red Matter
Beat the Average (wait did Humble mess up and put the pricing in the wrong order again?)
- Synth Riders
- Blaston

--

Epic's feebie this week is Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons which isn't that big of a deal, because it's been on sale for like $2 multiple times, but it is a really good game that's well worth playing.

--

GOG is having a flash sale on Elvira's Horror Bundle $8.49, and the two games are on sale individually as well.

I'm half tempted to get that VR bundle just for Synth Riders. I've seen several people say they loved it while they weren't fans of Beat Sabre.

Humble Bundle has a Best of Boomer Shooters Bundle. Solid list of games that all rate pretty highly on Steam.

-Amid Evil
-Dread Templar
-Dusk
-Hedon Bloodrite
-Hellbound
-Hrot
-Ion Fury
-Project Warlock
-Coupons for 10% off Prodeus and 25% off Ultrakill

Even though I grew up on the classic FPS games like Doom and Half-Life, I find I'm not personally interested in this resurgence of nostalgia for them. But someone here might be interested in this.

Strap in, kids, because we have a doozy.

Itch.io has a Bundle for Ukraine. Donate a minimum of $10 and get over 1,000 works, which includes a jaw-dropping amount of spectacular indie games like Celeste, Skatebird, Jotun, Minit, Backbone, Skatebird, Moon Hunters, Quadrilateral Cowboy, and far more than I can list.

Similar to the Black Lives Matter bundle they offered a few years ago, there looks to be a number of small tabletop RPGs, like one-session games and such. I don't know how many would be worth playing, but there were some interesting ones last time.

You can also download an Itch.Io launcher to play the games, though I believe you can download them DRM free as well.

figmentPez

Staff member
Can’t watch a video at work. What’s it say?
The reviewer isn't very good at pinball, and found all the visual noise made it hard to keep track of the ball, but otherwise thought it was a fun game that didn't have a lot of lasting appeal. He really loved the soundtrack.

This review is from someone more experienced at playing digital pinball:

The TL;DW is:
  • Not at all a realistic ball physics (but it's not trying to be that).
  • Only one table (with three tiers and sub-tables)
  • The game does not explain itself very well. Figuring out how the table works is difficult.
  • It's a very complex table with a lot to do and it's fun.
My takeaway is that this has more in common with Pokemon Pinball or Sonic Spinball than it does with Pinball FX3.

Cities: Skyline was on sale, so I bought one of the packages.

Do the add-ons just get put in when you play the game? I haven't had time to play since I got home from work.

GasBandit

Staff member
Cities: Skyline was on sale, so I bought one of the packages.

Do the add-ons just get put in when you play the game? I haven't had time to play since I got home from work.
By add-ons, do you mean the DLC? Whatever you purchased should just be active when you play.

Disco Elysium (Definitive Cut) is currently on sale at €14 at gog.com.
Haven't played it myself, but according to some forumites it's approximately as good and important as the invention of the printing press, so, you know.

Disco Elysium (Definitive Cut) is currently on sale at €14 at gog.com.
Haven't played it myself, but according to some forumites it's approximately as good and important as the invention of the printing press, so, you know.
More important, though maybe only if you're depressed? Like, I imagine so called "normal" people just thinking it's a drag

figmentPez

Staff member
Prime Gaming has some good stuff this month:
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe via GOG
- Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
- Galaxy of Pen & Paper
- Nanotale - Typing Chronicles
- Guild of Ascension
- Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
- Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville via Origin

Man, Steam's having a roguelike sale. That's rad.

/sorts games by reviews. Sees list of Already in Library titles

Dang it.

Fuck I wish more people would have bought Tyranny. I wanted so badly to see where that would head.

It's an isometric game on sale from GOG for like 3 bucks that's one of my personal favs. It's also short, you can beat it in like 20 hours, which is nothing for an isometric CRPG, looking at you Larian/Owlcat.