Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
Fuck I wish more people would have bought Tyranny. I wanted so badly to see where that would head.

It's an isometric game on sale from GOG for like 3 bucks that's one of my personal favs. It's also short, you can beat it in like 20 hours, which is nothing for an isometric CRPG, looking at you Larian/Owlcat.
And now it's only $1 from Humble Bundle.

Humble Battles of Yore Bundle

$1 for:
- Tyranny deluxe edition
- Crossbow: Bloodnight

Beat the Average:
- Plebby Quest: The Crusades
- Ember

$13+
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker & two DLCs
- Gordian Quest
- Field of Glory: Empires

They're literally burning cash so that people will be attracted to the fire. Yeesh.

--Patrick
Honestly, even though I'm not a huge fan of the epic store, what they're doing makes really good business sense. Fortnite is a money printing machine, at least right now, but they know this sort of thing doesn't last forever. One day Fortnite might not be the most popular game in the world, and when it falls out of the zeitgeist they hope to have established themselves as a huge marketplace by then. Steam is such a monolith that the only way to try to compete is by spending hundreds of millions of dollars, which they are doing and seems to be working. The epic store gets more users every day, many a gamer now (begrudgingly, at least in my case) have both steam and epic installed on their machines, and by linking Unreal Engine and its asset store to the Epic Client they even manage to double-dip into the development side. @GasBandit already pointed out that most cheap shovelware uses Unity, because Unity is cheap (or in some cases free) but Epic is pushing Unreal for the same space, trying to entice developers into using it instead.

Humble Bundle has a heck of a Capcom bundle. $26 (Canadian) for...

Monster Hunter World
Devil May Cry 5
Devil May Cry Collection
DmC: Devil May Cry
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter V
Strider
Bionic Commando
50% off coupons for Monster Hunter Rise and Street Fighter V Champion Edition Upgrade

I know I have said this like 1000 times, but Monster Hunter World is a fantastic game and so worth it at that price. I made a new character on PC and am happy to help on hunts :)

Dave

Staff member
@Dave doesn't know how to use the reply button so I never know what he's talking about :p
Sorry. I'm frequently in and out during work overnights and this causes the "new replies" to be reset and I miss things.

In this case I'm talking about the beginning of Monster Hunter. It's long cutscene after long cutscene. I gave up super fast because I hate that so very very much. Let ME play the fucking game. I'm not doing this to watch your shitty movie.

I'm frequently in and out during work overnights and this causes the "new replies" to be reset and I miss things.
Make sure you get all the way to the bottom of any thread you start reading, and close the browser window when you're done. You don't have to sign out, just close it.

--Patrick

And now GOG is giving away Daggerfall: Unity - which is a slightly updated/modded version of Daggerfall, apparently.
if you've never played it, and like Skyrim/Oblivion/etc, you owe it to yourself to give it a whirl.
It's obviously much older and plenty of stuff is missing, but in many ways this is still THE Elder Scrolls game as far as I'm concerned.
Huge world, and while the main story is good and all, what still truly amazes me is how much game there is, whole mechanics and storylines and races and all, that you'll never see or hear if you stick to it. The game has a whole vampire story, 3 clans with different benefits and downsides, along with vampire hunters, means to get cured, etc etc....And if you just play normally, you will never ever hear or see anything about them, only seeing vampires as an enemy in some dungeons. It's possible to become one (or a werewolf), and engage with what's practically a whole separate game (well, ok, that's probably my memories embellishing) in far corners of the world. It's immense - which also leads to vast empty spaces and a bunch of automatically generated dungeons and such.

figmentPez

Staff member
In upcoming Prime Gaming news, they're going to have a lot of games included in the upcoming Prime Day event. Here's the blog post.

The biggest titles include:
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- GRID Legends
- Need for Speed Heat
- Star Wars Jedi Knight — Jedi Academy
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II — Jedi Outcast
- Rain World
- The Darkside Detective

No word on if these will all redeem through the Prime Gaming app, or if any will redeem on other store fronts. Some will go up starting Jun 21, some will only happen on Prime Day Jul 12-13.