[Gaming] Official E3 2014 Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
UGH, can my Twitter feed not start an argument about how the latest Rainbow Six is treating the human hostages as no more than flags. Holy crap, you mean a video game uses humans as gameplay mechanics? I'm shocked, I mean we haven't used humans in games as target practice, vending machines, doors, pack mules, keys, or anything like that. Every human in every game has always been a fully fleshed out person, right up until this most recent Rainbow Six, when suddenly they're using a person as a trophy, and it's awful.

:facepalm:

What fans want is for neither Casey Hudson or Mac Walters to work on the game. Looks like they didn't listen.
My man. Couldn't agree more.

I start watching the video apprehensively... then Casey Hudson comes on and I get this sudden pang of REAL anger... just seeing this guy's FACE. My mood sours. He's... still employed? WTF.

Then he goes on and on about BLA BLA BLA.

My limited interest took a hit.

One thing is for sure... buyer beware.

Phoenix Wright Trilogy sounds like a must-buy for me; I haven't played any of them.
I loved the first 3 Pheonix Wright games. I truly recommend them. I have to see if the others are worth playing. Lots of spin-offs.

Bioware wasn't kidding when they said they were paying close attention to Skyrim.

I miss how awesome DA:O was without all the pew pew effects and huge moves that surely won't even be in the game. I'm looking at this game very apprehensively.

And then the drool all over myself want a PS4 game, Evolve:

This looks good. Look forward to seeing huge gameplay vids, for sure.[/quote][DOUBLEPOST=1402358869,1402358349][/DOUBLEPOST]

This looks awesome but scripted as fuck.[DOUBLEPOST=1402359173][/DOUBLEPOST]

Tomb Raider is looking good. X-Mas 2015.

Music is from the movie "A beautiful mind".[DOUBLEPOST=1402359279][/DOUBLEPOST]

Tomb Raider Unity... looks REAL interesting.

Please don't tell me this is going to be a PS4 exclusive, I've actually been looking forward to it for quite a while now.
Honestly not sure. Joe danger was ps3 exclusive for awhile I believe but now is available across pc for sure and maybe Xbox and it's from the same team.

Gotta say... the exclusive shit doesn't do anyone favors. If that thing is only on the PS4 it will never EVER come close to the potential it can have.

If it was on PC though.... the mind's the limit.

Grim Fandango, Arkham Knight, LBP3, No Man's Sky.

Welp. Time I got me a PS4, I think. Well, maybe by the end of this year, anyway. Still leaning more on a gaming PC. Out of curiosity, how well do the Arkham games play on PC? I know PC ports are hit and miss.

figmentPez

Staff member
Out of curiosity, how well do the Arkham games play on PC? I know PC ports are hit and miss.
Can't speak for Origins, but both Asylum and City are fantastic on PC, even on my 6 year old PC. I imagine they're even better on a rig that can do more than 720p, and has an nVidia card capable of doing PhysX stuff.

Grim Fandango, Arkham Knight, LBP3, No Man's Sky.

Welp. Time I got me a PS4, I think. Well, maybe by the end of this year, anyway. Still leaning more on a gaming PC. Out of curiosity, how well do the Arkham games play on PC? I know PC ports are hit and miss.
They're very good. Keyboard controls are also very tight, but I still choose to use a controller, because being a PC Gaming Master Race member, I have that choice.

And they look way better than they do on console. The physx stuff is pretty impressive.

Time for bed; can't wait to see what Nintendo's shown when I get home from work tomorrow.

can't wait to be disappointed
We'll probably get the rest of the Smash Brothers line up, which should be fun. But unless they drop the bomb with a new Zelda, Star Fox, or Metriod... I just don't care.

Unless they show a new IP. That would be kind of exciting.

I hope the new Tomb Raider is as good as the last one. I really enjoyed it, so I hope the next won't be disappointing.

Able to use Mii characters in Smash Bros, which I approve of, mostly because I know my son will use his Mii exclusively. Get to choose between 3 classes for them, and you can customize their moves from a list of 12.

Also adding Skylanders type guys that will work on multiple games? -_- They used the Luigi Mario Kart meme in the video, so I can't get too mad.

No new Mario Game apparently means Mario Games with different main characters, one with Yoshi, one with Toad...

New Zelda that seems more Open World.

More Ruby/Sapphire stuff that everyone already knows about.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 package for Wii U.

More Hyrule Warriors stuff.

New Wii U Kirby.

Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Mario Level Maker

Game called Splatoon, which is a 4v4 action game where you compete while shooting ink on things? It looks pretty interesting actually.

Palutena from Kid Icarus as a Smash Bros fighter.

Nintendo encourages everyone to watch their Treehouse videos for more game announcements. Something on Treehouse at 12:40 PT I guess.​

Last edited:
NOT AT THE VIDEO CONFERENCE BUT OMFG NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

[DOUBLEPOST=1402419365,1402419180][/DOUBLEPOST]Mario Party 10