[Gaming] Official E3 2014 Thread

I hope they never ever remake it, and it is as forgotten as the CDi Zelda games. That was... just painful. The story was interesting, but the gameplay was horrific. Side-quest-o-rama, instead of an actual story thread you can follow through with. It's like Skyrim, except FORCING you to do all the little side-quests for that one item you need, or for getting HEALTH, instead of making them there for flavour when you want to. And also making you wait around for 5-10 minutes at a time (or more) if you fail an event to try again. Not to mention the fact that the stupid game only has 4 main dungeons (plus the final one). Ugh. I got all the masks in that game, got Fierce Deity, completed it, and have literally not played it since. Too many painful memories.

Twilight princess may have been late, but it was exactly what I was waiting for. Tons of dungeons, few side-quests, no annoying retry/time mechanics.
I want a Majora's Mask remake so I can actually play it. Late N64 games not only look awful on HDTV, but their graphics blur with movement, which is visually painful.

I didn't care for Twilight Princess. The visuals were too much brown, too much bloom, barely any side quests, and the items felt pidgeon-holed, like they were good for one part and that was it, as opposed to the versatile usage of dungeon items I'd experienced in other games. Instead of making areas blocked off or accessible based on items, let's just have plot boulders. Get far enough in the plot? Then you may pass the boulders. Yay, progression. And let's not forget having to catch a hundred little fireflies as a wolf to open each area.

But if you didn't like the lack of direction in Majora's Mask, I can see why you'd prefer Twilight Princess. That game had more railroad than Spirit Tracks.[DOUBLEPOST=1402693000,1402692711][/DOUBLEPOST]Nintendo hears demand for Majora's Mask 3DS

Well, great. "We hear you." And? "We are listening." It's typical non-committal Japanese corporate attitude. Same as with the account system demands. "We here that this is something you want. We have heard. Your desires do exist. We are aware of them." Doesn't mean they'll do anything about it; just that they know noises are happening and words are typed.

Though between the two, I want the account system more.

and the items felt pidgeon-holed, like they were good for one part and that was it, as opposed to the versatile usage of dungeon items I'd experienced in other games. Instead of making areas blocked off or accessible based on items, let's just have plot boulders. Get far enough in the plot? Then you may pass the boulders. Yay, progression.
This I agree with. I noticed, as did others, and I agree with everything I quoted. I don't necessarily agree on the bloom thing being bad, though I agree it was "flirting" with too much.

And let's not forget having to catch a hundred little fireflies as a wolf to open each area.
No biggie IMO. I enjoyed playing as Wolf-Link most of the time.

But if you didn't like the lack of direction in Majora's Mask, I can see why you'd prefer Twilight Princess. That game had more railroad than Spirit Tracks.
IMO Twlight Princess could have been 50x better if you could just kill the annoying people and take their stuff to progress. I hated the people, and would rather have done that than help them. Then it'll be "all good" next cycle anyways, so it's not like it REALLY matters. ;) Also, I thought the "main" masks how you "healed" people into them was creepy as fuck. You "help" them by trapping their spirit into masks that let you take control of them. I felt like I was a body snatcher or something. It has NEVER felt right. The only time that is actually "in a good way" is with the zombie father. You de-zombie him and turn the essence of that into a mask, and not HIM. That was the only "good" use of song of healing in that game.

But overall, we disagree on the two titles. Hey, it happens.

IMO Twlight Princess could have been 50x better if you could just kill the annoying people and take their stuff to progress. I hated the people, and would rather have done that than help them. Then it'll be "all good" next cycle anyways, so it's not like it REALLY matters. ;) Also, I thought the "main" masks how you "healed" people into them was creepy as fuck. You "help" them by trapping their spirit into masks that let you take control of them. I felt like I was a body snatcher or something. It has NEVER felt right. The only time that is actually "in a good way" is with the zombie father. You de-zombie him and turn the essence of that into a mask, and not HIM. That was the only "good" use of song of healing in that game.

But overall, we disagree on the two titles. Hey, it happens.
But Majora's Mask was at its best when it was being overly creepy for no reason!

I agree that MM's dungeons were disappointing (and so were the bosses). I enjoyed playing the time mechanics and doing so many side quests, and also the main story when it came up. Failing to summon enough giants the first time I tried it felt harrowing.

To be honest, I can only say how MM stacks up from my memory that's now approaching 13 years ago. I mainly played it around a time I was dealing with a death in the family, and for me, it was what I needed to immerse myself in, so there's probably a lot of complicated stuff tangled up with my memory of the game. For all I know, it'd be on the list of things that don't hold up for me now, like Legend of Dragoon and King Kong vs Godzilla.