Rant V - The Drama Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tila Tequila's girlfriend dies and this was her Twitter on the subject.

"Everyone please pray 4 my Wifey Casey Johnson. She has passed away. Thank u for all ur love and support but I will be offline to be w family."

Probably one of the most literate twitters, but it still seems a pretty shallow way to communicate the loss of a loved one.

Man yesterday was a bad day. I got home from work and I couldn't find my cat I finally found him hding beside the fridge dripping blood and covered in urine. Apparently either my brothers dog or the other dog we are watching for a friend. Attacked my cat . I took him to the emergency vet and they did some X-rays. Luckily he wasn't to bad a slight puncture wound and a fractured rib but nothing serious. So they gave me some medicine for him and told me to keep a close eye on him for awhile. So all in all that took up my whole night yesterday and I took a day off of work so I can keep an eye on him for the first 2 hours. But all in all my whole night was shot my cat got hurt and I am out $375. Fun times!

I don't know. We really aren't sure which dog did it. Right now the plan is to return the dog we are watching for our friend and than keep a close eye on my brothers dog and possibly keep him in a kennel when we are not home.

I would keep the cat locked in your room by himself when you're not there, if you can. You might not be lucky enough to find him alive next time. I know my dog can get out of his kennel in about 10 minutes. He just goes crazy on the door until it pops open.

I fear finding that situation at times. When ever my dog greets me at the door after a long day of work, and the cat is not there... I start looking for kitty parts.

I knew the glee wouldn't last.

Turns out, we were on for a friend date. I didn't even know those existed. I thought 'friend dates' were basically 'every other time you're around me.' Well at least it doesn't seem awkward.

Let this stand for the rest of time as a cautionary tale for men who don't reciprocate a woman's interest. The big reason why she doesn't want to 'see where things go' is because one of our mutual friends had a huge crush on me. Instead of being direct and saying 'I am not interested in you,' I gave her an excuse that made her think she had a shot in the future. I didn't shut it down properly, and it bites me in the ass two years later.

Dave

Staff member
I knew the glee wouldn't last.

Turns out, we were on for a friend date. I didn't even know those existed. I thought 'friend dates' were basically 'every other time you're around me.' Well at least it doesn't seem awkward.

Let this stand for the rest of time as a cautionary tale for men who don't reciprocate a woman's interest. The big reason why she doesn't want to 'see where things go' is because one of our mutual friends had a huge crush on me. Instead of being direct and saying 'I am not interested in you,' I gave her an excuse that made her think she had a shot in the future. I didn't shut it down properly, and it bites me in the ass two years later.
After your first line I thought you were going to say that the show was cancelled. Then I would have had to watch Charlie cry like a little girl.

Hahah, I should have been more careful with the word 'glee' apparently.

And 'date' for that matter! *bitches like a teenage girl*

K

Kitty Sinatra

After your first line I thought you were going to say that the show was cancelled. Then I would have had to watch Charlie cry like a little girl.
:angry:[/QUOTE]

And that's before I got around to doing that FTFY thing . . . which I've grown to enjoy using . . . ironically, mocking that FTFY thing . . . ellipses are fun!

Anyway, TAKE 2:

. . . I would have got to watch Charlie cry like a little girl.
:angry:[/QUOTE]

FTFY

So, I'm conflicted.

• Callistarya's youngest son got a 3 day suspension from school today because he got in a fight. That's bad.
  • These kids have been bugging him since day one of this school year--because some chick he dated for like ONE FREAKING DAY has gone all psycho on him and has been egging her friends on to mess with him. So likely, this ass whipping he gave this kid will get the other kids to back off. That's good.
  • We'll have to go to court, where he may get a fine, which we'll have to pay. That's bad.
  • His kung fu worked..he defended himself until the kid wouldn't quit swinging, then he gave the kid the beat down. So his kung fu withstood a real-world test. That's good.
  • He's been itching to fight ever since he started taking kung fu. He beat this kid down far more than was warranted. That's bad.
  • Callistarya is now stressed out at work, and he's acting like it's no big deal and giving her major attitude (telling her she's being retarded about it, etc), so I had to call him and put the fear of me fucking him up into him. That's bad.

Anyway, this is in rant..more bad than good in here.
10 dollar fine
35 hours community service. If he completes the community service, his charge is dismissed.
Thats good

So, I'm conflicted.

• Callistarya's youngest son got a 3 day suspension from school today because he got in a fight. That's bad.
  • These kids have been bugging him since day one of this school year--because some chick he dated for like ONE FREAKING DAY has gone all psycho on him and has been egging her friends on to mess with him. So likely, this ass whipping he gave this kid will get the other kids to back off. That's good.
  • We'll have to go to court, where he may get a fine, which we'll have to pay. That's bad.
  • His kung fu worked..he defended himself until the kid wouldn't quit swinging, then he gave the kid the beat down. So his kung fu withstood a real-world test. That's good.
  • He's been itching to fight ever since he started taking kung fu. He beat this kid down far more than was warranted. That's bad.
  • Callistarya is now stressed out at work, and he's acting like it's no big deal and giving her major attitude (telling her she's being retarded about it, etc), so I had to call him and put the fear of me fucking him up into him. That's bad.

10 dollar fine
35 hours community service. If he completes the community service, his charge is dismissed.
Thats good[/QUOTE]

It'll teach him a lesson and hopefully the other kids learned not to mess with him.

Now that's an education they don't plan in schools.

And hopefully he learned not to talk like that to his mom.

I finally remembered my rant.

My computer broke right before Christmas, and I've been putting off dealing with it until now. The type of damage the motherboard sustained makes me want to replace the CPU and memory as they may also have been marginally damaged - enough to cause problems, but not enough to simply stop working altogether, meaning crashes, corrupt files, etc.

Unfortunately I find I don't have the money to replace the MB, CPU, and memory (even with the surprisingly good deal microcenter has on their i7 920 :angry: ) without significantly delaying this year's later purchases that are already budgeted.

So I'm probably going to have to simply replace the motherboard and cross my fingers that the CPU and memory aren't damaged, and wait until spring when I'm already budgeting for a new laptop.

I'm going to have to remember to add cooling fans to the case. Bulging caps mean temps are getting too high in there.

sigh.

Cajungal

Staff member
Sounds good, Tin. I guess that it's tempting to get a little power drunk when you win a fight, especially after taking a lot of abuse. I'm sure y'all can keep him grounded.

So, I'm conflicted.

10 dollar fine
Thats good[/QUOTE]

It'll teach him a lesson and hopefully the other kids learned not to mess with him.

Now that's an education they don't plan in schools.

And hopefully he learned not to talk like that to his mom.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Hopefully he doesn't use what you have taught him to become a bully.

Agreed..there doesn't appear to be any signs of it, and it's something I'm always watchful for in all of my students. I've dropped students from class before on the basis of attitude alone. I don't gotta teach class to make ends meet, so I have no problem with asking someone not to come back.

Agreed..there doesn't appear to be any signs of it, and it's something I'm always watchful for in all of my students. I've dropped students from class before on the basis of attitude alone. I don't gotta teach class to make ends meet, so I have no problem with asking someone not to come back.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you afraid that might act as a setup to a kung-fu movie with revenge as it's central theme?

Agreed..there doesn't appear to be any signs of it, and it's something I'm always watchful for in all of my students. I've dropped students from class before on the basis of attitude alone. I don't gotta teach class to make ends meet, so I have no problem with asking someone not to come back.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you afraid that might act as a setup to a kung-fu movie with revenge as it's central theme?[/QUOTE]

I would watch a movie like that. Seems like a fresh, new approach to the martial arts genre. :D

Aren't you afraid that might act as a setup to a kung-fu movie with revenge as it's central theme?[/QUOTE]

I think that's just a given. I'm still waiting for the day the background dizi music cues up.

Quick question, except getting a beating did the other guy in the fight get any punishment?
as far as I know, they both got citations for "disorderly conduct: fighting in public".

I bought Vista the month it came out. Many people have said many things about Vista but honestly I never had many problems with it. Today I had my first BSoD, and now there are a litany of slow-downs and errors plaguing me. I don't want to reformat. >.<

At least I backed everything up recently.

Gah.

J

JCM

Oh great.

A movie about our president's life id coimng out, right before election time, and with the next party candidate appearing in it.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Oh man. I can't wait till Obama's movie comes out. It's gonna be bigger than Shaft!

(I think I managed to fit in a double entendre and some racial prejudice in that single line.)

oh, today's rant: Texas drivers suck in cold-weather driving.

It's about 20 degrees, NO SNOW, and every freaking freeway in town already has accidents.

Usually this time of day, the map is clear of anything. The alert over the Lake Lewisville bridge says only one lane is getting by. I'm working from home today.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Hm.

I think I will have to reconsider my plans inviting any of you American forumites over here. We're having such a cold, snowy weather that the sheer shock of it might be deadly without medication.

Status
Not open for further replies.