Sochi Winter Olympics General Thread.

All my fault folks... I woke up & started watching with about 5 minutes left. My bad.

Also should be noted - I knew when that open netter hit the post that the US was doomed. Just seemed like a sign.

Last edited:
It is never a good thing when the Golden Goal is scored on a two-player advantage power-play.

I'm cringing over the thought of watching the tail end of that game on DVR.

Even I realize that if they don't win this end (8-3 in the 8th) that they should just shake and go drown their sorrows at the pub over in downtown Sochi.[DOUBLEPOST=1392997076,1392996776][/DOUBLEPOST]And, as predicted, handshake time. Double Gold in curling.

Our advertising TV in the lobby has been recommissioned to show the game. There's even talk of bringing in beer...

And pizza has been ordered. I don't think much work is going to get done today.

I know, but the hype has been enormous for this. So I thought it was the final.
Hype has been huge because this should have been the gold medal matchup. Olympic organizers purposely put USA and Canada in the same bracket to hopefully eliminate one of them, instead it has all the excitement for the semifinal.

Hype has been huge because this should have been the gold medal matchup. Olympic organizers purposely put USA and Canada in the same bracket to hopefully eliminate one of them, instead it has all the excitement for the semifinal.
Yeah the gold medal match won't have near this much hope add the clear winner will be USA or Canada unless there is an underdog story in the making