The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Just FYI, celery seed is something you use sparingly.
You really gotta be careful when you start making substitutions all willy-nilly like that.
7b169-dilbert3.gif

Your average minestrone usually doesn't turn out quite that firm.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Most people know that the taste and quality of "Chinese food" varies from place to place according to the local availability of ingredients and preferred tastes of the local non-Chinese diners. So, here are some Chinese people reacting to what various other countries call "Chinese food."

My only nitpick is that there is only one "American" entry, when "Chinese food" definitely varies from place to place all over the country. Chinese in Texas isn't the same as Chinese in New York or Oregon or North Dakota.

Most people know that the taste and quality of "Chinese food" varies from place to place according to the local availability of ingredients and preferred tastes of the local non-Chinese diners. So, here are some Chinese people reacting to what various other countries call "Chinese food."

My only nitpick is that there is only one "American" entry, when "Chinese food" definitely varies from place to place all over the country. Chinese in Texas isn't the same as Chinese in New York or Oregon or North Dakota.
A) Yes, but they only show 4 bits from "around the world". From personal experience, even Brussels, Wallonia and Flanders have vastly different types of "Chinese" food. London is completely different, Paris is actually kinda close to London. German Chinese food is different between Bavaria and Cologne. And so on.

B) I've eaten Italian Chinese, and I've eaten Italian Italian. Fried Gellato isn't something Italians would associate with "Chinese food" at all.

C) China is huge and full of people. Thinking four people can say "this is Chinese" or not is like expecting four people from Texas who've never eaten outside the state to determine if something is "American" food or not. There's over 3x the amount of Chinese as Americans, over a larger surface area, with a much longer and more diverse history.

D) I'm actually fairly surprised at how generally positive they are - everything except the fried ice passes muster to a degree.

E) I frickin' hate subtitles filled with "af", "lol", and such. They're subtitles, translate what people are saying. It's not hard, even @bhamv3 can do it!

I love these kinds of videos. I spent hours on the Facts channel the other day watching "Irish people try..."