The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

I got a GoPro Hero 7 Black recently. Went for a bike ride to my yoga rock yesterday and filmed the whole ride. This video is set as unlisted so you can't find it without the link. Partly because this was a test and partly because a smart person might be able to track where I live from the beginning of the video.

Also, I'm sorry, it's in a 4:3 ratio, not 16:9. I don't know if it was set like that by default or I accidentally changed it while fiddling around with camera. Future videos will be in 16:9.

I got a GoPro Hero 7 Black recently. Went for a bike ride to my yoga rock yesterday and filmed the whole ride. This video is set as unlisted so you can't find it without the link. Partly because this was a test and partly because a smart person might be able to track where I live from the beginning of the video.

Also, I'm sorry, it's in a 4:3 ratio, not 16:9. I don't know if it was set like that by default or I accidentally changed it while fiddling around with camera. Future videos will be in 16:9.

@PatrThom will be stalking you shortly.

If my spidey senses are correct, I have two congregants that live in the building to the left as you leave the parking garage.
Is that creepy?
That's creepy isn't it.

Two short-ish videos from yesterday.

First, the bike ride to the lake. I'm really digging the chest mount for biking, since it gives a cool view over the handlebars.

Some scubadiving, where I learn that the chest mount for the GoPro doesn't gel well with swimming, since most of the shots are from the top looking down at some rocks.

After watching Nick's underwater video, I now have an urge to play Subnautica.
That's how I felt! I got inspired to snorkle after having to comb a small part of the lake for a thing my friend lost in it last week. My brother-in-law had a diving mask, so I could see better. I felt like I was playing Subnautica, only with less leviathans!

Cannon is one of those shows where I didn't really know the star from anything else, but would recognize most of the guests from the other stuff they'd done.

...is that Dick Tufeld as the narrator?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh hey, Tom Skerritt. Neat...
dunno her... dunno him... dunno...
SORRELL BOOKE! That's Boss Hog!...
dunno... dunno... nope... nuh uh...
Roy Scheider!....
no... nup.... uh uh...
Wow, that's a very young Martin Sheen...
Dunno... dunno... nuh uh... Oh hey, there's Martin Sheen again.... dunno... nope....
Oooh Dana Elcar pre-MacGyver!....
dunno... dunno... some of these names ring a bell, but I can't place the faces...
Ha ha wow, Jessica Walter was young once...
nope... nope.. dunno...
Ah, Mike Farrell. I actually recognized his face instead of his name. BJ Hunnicutt!....
Dunno... nope... Dana Elcar came back... nope.... nope... Tom Skerritt came back... nope.. nope...
Ah, John Vernon. He's one of those "hey it's THAT guy" guys.
Nope... nuh uh... Dunno..
Dick van MF'n Patton. Ha ha ha... Jeez it hasn't even been 8 minutes yet?
I recognize Don Chastain but I couldn't tell you why...
Nope... dunno... hrm....
John Larch was the chief in Dirty Harry, I remember that...
Nope... next.. uh uh.. some of these names sound like I should REALLY know them... Martin Sheen a third time... John Vernon again...
A whole lotta nope....
Leslie Nielsen. Man, that guy looks the same in everything. I don't know if I could really enjoy watching Nielsen in a non-comedic role. It'd be like The Razor's Edge, I kept waiting for Bill Murray to be funny and it never happened.
Next.. next... next..
Robert Goulet was in everything. Even the Simpsons.
No... nope... no..
Denver Pyle! Another Dukes of Hazzard castmember. A long way down from Sorrell Booke, though.
I don't know who Pamela Franklin is, but Cannon's producers sure liked to cast her.
Man, you see Richard X Slattery ONCE and you'll never forget that face.

Ok, I can't do 13 more minutes of this.

SORRELL BOOKE! That's Boss Hog!...
*Hogg.
Learned later he’s one o’ those ”You’d never suspect it, buut...” polymath types. I’m always fascinated by people who whip off their ”just an ordinary person” mask to reveal they’re secretly experts at stuff, like Steven Colbert or Hedy Lamar.
Hank Simms. They also got him to do the Police Squad intros in the same style.
I knew I recognized it from somewhere!

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member

The video title says "laptop", but it's really more like a bizzare mix of computer I/O, a monitor, a Raspberry Pi and one of these:

All lumped together into a box that looks like a laptop, but doesn't have a battery. So it's a learning toy first, and a computer second.

Last edited:
I could have sworn this was posted at least once before, but I don't see it anywhere. Oh well.

...but can I interest you in a ukulele version?

--Patrick