The Dream Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I dreamed I befriended a homeless man while dining at a local mexican restaurant, and we discovered 50's era technology in a hidden room there that was designed to detect and track butt-shaped weather formations. And then somebody from work surreptitiously watched me type in my password into a console and thus had free run of all my digital stuff.

fade

Staff member
I had a dream the other night that it was some undefined time in the future where there were large telescreens in public places constructed from hexagonal tiles. We were watching as a comet called The String slowly made its way toward the moon. After a few months, The String struck the top of the moon, which happened to be full at the time. The moon turned red, I guess because its albedo changed with the impact. A D-shaped sliver broke off in slow motion as we watched, and began to fall toward the Earth. The telescreen showed everything zoomed in, but we could see it happen behind the screens to the actual moon, which drove home the reality of it. Over the coming months, we watched this red sliver fall, and scientists projected possible trajectories. No one knew where it was going to hit. The sliver was dubbed The Damocles. I remember reporters talking in solemn voices, and just not wanting to watch anymore. When it got closer, we could see the sliver looming in the sky, hazy behind the blue, but in full 3D detail. No one wanted the sliver to hit their part of the earth. We all knew, but wouldn't say, that it didn't matter where it hit anyway. There were mass organized suicides by people who didn't want to experience the terror of the Damocles crashing into them. I woke up then, so I don't know what happened.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a dream the other night that it was some undefined time in the future where there were large telescreens in public places constructed from hexagonal tiles. We were watching as a comet called The String slowly made its way toward the moon. After a few months, The String struck the top of the moon, which happened to be full at the time. The moon turned red, I guess because its albedo changed with the impact. A D-shaped sliver broke off in slow motion as we watched, and began to fall toward the Earth. The telescreen showed everything zoomed in, but we could see it happen behind the screens to the actual moon, which drove home the reality of it. Over the coming months, we watched this red sliver fall, and scientists projected possible trajectories. No one knew where it was going to hit. The sliver was dubbed The Damocles. I remember reporters talking in solemn voices, and just not wanting to watch anymore. When it got closer, we could see the sliver looming in the sky, hazy behind the blue, but in full 3D detail. No one wanted the sliver to hit their part of the earth. We all knew, but wouldn't say, that it didn't matter where it hit anyway. There were mass organized suicides by people who didn't want to experience the terror of the Damocles crashing into them. I woke up then, so I don't know what happened.
Sounds like it would have been an interesting novel, with the right writing.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Last night I dreamt I was being shot at in my own home by a gang of pissed-off junkie Irishmen for kidnapping one of their own. Everywhere I tried to hide, the fuckers were shooting at me. I didn't want to die, but they refused to negotiate and James Cosmo was dead, dammit.

Sons of Anarchy + stress + pain in my side post-procedure (the kidney drain needed changing) + medication = that dream.

Last night I had an odd one... I was working at a Catholic boarding school as a security guard, but there was some sort of covert war going on against the paranormal, specifically vampires. I had ended up becoming suspected of being turned into a vampire, and was showing one of the nuns in charge of the armory that I hadn't been turned by walking through sunlight pouring through specially-designed windows that pooled the light in cross-shapes. The nun wasn't impressed, and walked through one of the pools of light, showing me her fangs and biting her lips, drawing blood. She said "Not all vampires are affected the same way, as you can see. Don't worry about me: the church has sanctioned me."

Before I could follow this one to it's (fascinating) conclusion, I got woken up by a two year-old with a glowstick. I may have to write this one out...

I dreamt I got stabbed last night. It was terrifying. I woke up in actual pain, and breathin heavily and sweating and everything.
I usually enjoy my so called nightmares, and am glad I tend to slip back in to them after briefly waking up. They're fun. But this one was different, it wasn't a horror-y thing where I was being chased by some villain or anything.
It was night in the dream. I was hanging out with 3 of my friends from college, in the backyard of one of my neighbour's from back home. We were just hanging out, shootin' the shit, and someone came up with the idea to walk down to the beach. Someow in my dream, I lagged pretty far behind my friends and lost sight of them briefly in the dark. I don't know how that happened, they just walked way faster than me. But my road back home is right off the beach, so it's not like I was lost or anything. Made it to the beach, and my friends were there, with two other people, all facing the lake. One of the other people I recognized as another of our friends from college. The last one, though, was a big guy (presumably), wearing a hoody, and I never saw his face. I ran up to join my friends, who it seemed must know this other guy, and as I crossed the street and joined them, I asked "What's up". They just backed away from me. And then the guy in the hood turned and rushed me in the blink of an eye, bodychecking me and driving a knife into my gut. And I woke up in pain.

GasBandit

Staff member
I dreamt I got stabbed last night. It was terrifying. I woke up in actual pain, and breathin heavily and sweating and everything.
I usually enjoy my so called nightmares, and am glad I tend to slip back in to them after briefly waking up. They're fun. But this one was different, it wasn't a horror-y thing where I was being chased by some villain or anything.
It was night in the dream. I was hanging out with 3 of my friends from college, in the backyard of one of my neighbour's from back home. We were just hanging out, shootin' the shit, and someone came up with the idea to walk down to the beach. Someow in my dream, I lagged pretty far behind my friends and lost sight of them briefly in the dark. I don't know how that happened, they just walked way faster than me. But my road back home is right off the beach, so it's not like I was lost or anything. Made it to the beach, and my friends were there, with two other people, all facing the lake. One of the other people I recognized as another of our friends from college. The last one, though, was a big guy (presumably), wearing a hoody, and I never saw his face. I ran up to join my friends, who it seemed must know this other guy, and as I crossed the street and joined them, I asked "What's up". They just backed away from me. And then the guy in the hood turned and rushed me in the blink of an eye, bodychecking me and driving a knife into my gut. And I woke up in pain.
Is your light fixture still on the ceiling, perchance?

I drempt Shego was jumping up and down on my bed and giggling. She wasn't brandishing a knife, so things were cool there. Maybe she just wanted to dance with the doomweasels.
My painkillers give me weird-ass dreams.

This... kinda happened to me tonight too, but with the added twist that my ridiculous subconscious likes to give me "meta" dreams.

I dreamt I was sleeping, and woke up to see my dad in my bedroom charging at me with a spear. Then I actually woke up, screaming.

Dreamed that I had started dating a girl in my class, found out after the fact that she was only 16, then backpedaled hard out of the relationship before being accused of pulling an Icarus. It was freaking weird.

I guess the moral of the dream is if you're dating a chick from your college, double check that she's not a concurrent student from one of the local high schools.

Armchair Psychology self-diagnosis: relationships, specifically whether I'm ready to try them again or not, is something that's been on my mind lately. This girl I dreamed about is someone in my class I've recently started talking to, I still don't know her very well, but she's been fun to be around and I'm starting to kind of like her so far. The dream could be a reflection that I'm still harboring fears that an attempt at a relationship will end, not just in a "didn't work out" kind of way, but in a catastrophic disaster kind of way.

GasBandit

Staff member
I guess the moral of the dream is if you're dating a chick from your college, double check that she's not a concurrent student from one of the local high schools.
I had an uncle in theater that had a similar situation... turned out the chick was on some AP internship program from a montessouri school to participate in theater. He had to run flailing his arms as fast as possible.

I had a dream where I was playing with my new phone, just flipping it over and over again. And then the top part seperated from the bottom part. I thought it was broken but it turned out the two pieces were magnetically attracted to each other. But no matter how many times I put them back they wouldn't be in the same shape. And when I thought it was back to normal, the key pad looked completely different. Like it was some super high-tech future divice.

Also during the dream all I could see was my phone, not me, not the surrounding area, just my phone. Weird dream.

Last night I dreamt, among other things, that 'Gilgamesh' was some kind of title here and we were having the annual contest to see who was the next Gilgamesh and Gilgamesh(Jiarn) didn't want to give it up and he was like the bad guy (his previous avatar) that wanted to win the contest really bad and was violent about it or wanted to kill other contestants or something like that (don't remember this part very well, I think the contest was something physical in some sort of digital world).

I had 2 weird dreams last night. One where I was staying in this huge hotel for some sort of celebration. All I remember was that I was running all over the place and was never able to stop at the hundreds of awesome shops all around the place.

The second was one of the ones where I wasn't sure I was dreaming or not, so when I woke up I was really releaved. I dreamed that in order to pay for college, I had to steal money from my employer. It was going off without a hitch in the dream, but I constantly had a feeling of guilt about doing it. I was extremely relieved when I woke up and realized it was a dream. It had somewhat of a point to it in that in some ways, you can never go back and have to live with your choices.

I hate dreams that guilt you. When I was still with a girlfriend I had a dream about sleeping with someone else then feeling like such a piece of shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a dream where spider man was shooting captain america's shield out of hawkeye's bow and had thor's hammer coming out of his knuckles like wolverine claws.

And was a bad guy.

Last night I dreamt, among other things, that 'Gilgamesh' was some kind of title here and we were having the annual contest to see who was the next Gilgamesh and Gilgamesh(Jiarn) didn't want to give it up and he was like the bad guy (his previous avatar) that wanted to win the contest really bad and was violent about it or wanted to kill other contestants or something like that (don't remember this part very well, I think the contest was something physical in some sort of digital world).
I leave the violence to my sibling, I'm more like Wolf:
I-m-Wolf-I-solve-problems.jpg

So basically, noone's getting my title ;)

There was this Catwoman looking lady jumping out of my door-way, onto a van. She saw something strange in the van, right before she could say what it was I woke up. I hate when my dreams have cliff hangers.

Okay, this one was un-freaking-believably awesome.

So somehow, I wound up guest starring on an episode of Community. All the regulars were there, though I don't remember anything aside from being in Greendale. It was just a regular day at the school...

...when the ghost of an old hockey player starts appearing and body checking everyone on their left side! Okay, maybe like a mix of Scooby Doo and Community. Dream logic.

Anyway, panic ensues until someone remembers that the hockey player committed suicide after being shunned by the community for changing his usual hockey playing M.O. from aggressive, penalty-gaining offensiveman to attempting to score the winning goal...and missing so horribly that the opposing team shot a goal as a result. His name became worse than mud. At which point, I turned to Jeff and said, "Remember? Jerry Mud? #42?" (Which, heh, I'm totally using that line sometime, somewhere. Probably Dill.)

However, we remembered that this guy had a weakness: he just couldn't check someone from the right side. He was horrible at it. So every time he appeared, I shouted, "No no no! Turn around! No, turn this way! Now, push up against the wall! Keep your left side against the boards"

I guess that pissed him off because the next thing I knew, he appeared in front of me, headbutted me as hard as he could, and disappeared...

...which is when I flopped incredibly hard onto the ground, face first. Imagine Christopher Lloyd passing out after having a shot of whiskey in Back to the Future III. A reference which will come in handy because while I was out and people were trying to think of ways to bring me out of it...Christopher Lloyd himself appeared!

Quickly, he brewed together what he called 'Wake up Juice,' which in reality was 'Swamp Water' (a mix of every type of soda available, usually at a fast food joint). He had them turn me over and as they started making me drink it, I took the cup and started gulping it myself.

Finishing it, I gasped a thank you...and then bolted to my feet, hands at my throat and screamed at the top of my lungs...and dropped back unconscious again. Heh, again, for anyone who's seen Back to the Future III, that should sound pretty familiar.

And here's the funniest part: immediately after this? I woke up and my mind refused to let me get back to sleep until I came on here and posted. Hoping I'll have a conclusion to it when I go to sleep, but don't bet on it.

GasBandit

Staff member
I dreamed I was in the middle of the bolshevik revolution. Icky icky gedditoff. Probably because of the book I'm reading.

BananaHands

Staff member
So last night I was in a machine shop helping my brother film this machine with some sort of lift, right? Not too unusual. He IS an engineer and he does bring me along to a lot of installs to film. So things are going great when all of a sudden...

Well, a yell. Something went wrong. The machine turned on when it wasn't supposed to and there was a lady below what seemed to be some sort of lift-like machine. Things go haywire. Some sort of cord snaps and there's a wire bouncing around full of electricity and this lady is being crushed by this machine as my brother and I watch in horror.

It wasn't until after the machine had pressed firmly against the ground were we able to raise it. We approached to see if there was any hope that she was alive. Of course, this is when her mangled body sprung up and started twitching and walking towards us and letting out a guttural "Yoooooooooooouuuuuuu....".

So of course, we ran.

Of course, she followed me. Obstacles after obstacles seemed to make getting away from this twitching, mangled horror that just kept saying 'Yooouuuuuuuuuu" between gurgles near impossible. It was then that I heard a door slam.

Oh. I was dreaming.

I also couldn't move. Perhaps it was the melatonin, but being woken up so suddenly left me in this sleep paralysis where I was completely aware of everything around me, yet my body refused to move. Also, it didn't help that what woke me up was (what I now know to be the drunken shuffling of my roommate coming home in the middle of the night) the sound of someone just kind of stumbling through my kitchen. It seriously felt like 20 minutes of me just trying to tell my legs to move.

So yeah, that was fun. :confused:

fade

Staff member
The other night I had a dream that the police came to my dojo to recruit help against a new plant-controlling supervillain named Chloro Phil.

Okay, that was weird. Had a dream about Sheki last night. It was after midnight and she called me to ask if I could drive her to a Denny's. I said okay and when I arrived she was covered in dirt and blood. She said she'd just gotten home from a Zombie Run. We went to Denny's, she cleaned up in the rest room, got pancakes and bacon, and while we ate she was bitching about other students in the nursing program she was enrolled in. Then I woke up.

What the fuck?

Okay, that was weird. Had a dream about Sheki last night. It was after midnight and she called me to ask if I could drive her to a Denny's. I said okay and when I arrived she was covered in dirt and blood. She said she'd just gotten home from a Zombie Run. We went to Denny's, she cleaned up in the rest room, got pancakes and bacon, and while we ate she was bitching about other students in the nursing program she was enrolled in. Then I woke up.

What the fuck?
Sheki, the PVP Troll? Or Shego, the HF one-woman army?

At first my dream started out normal, loose parody of John Carpenter's "The Thing" (I have very cinematic dreams). But after I killed the aliens disguised as Hooters waitresses I sat down on a couch where a big black wolf and a brown sheep were next to me. I lifted my back pack string to which the wolf bit my hand but in that affectionate silly way that dogs do, and the sheep just cuddled up beside me. I then saw myself in my front lawn where the sheep was running away, and the wolf was sitting patiently.

Whats odd is this isn't the first wolf dream I've had like this where one comes up and playfully bites me, I remember a few months or maybe even a year ago I was in this really crowded place like a fair and in the middle of a crowd there was this wolf. And he did the same kind of biting, all playful and silly way. I wonder what it means.

At first my dream started out normal, loose [...] Hooters waitresses [...] I sat down on a couch where a big black [censored] and a brown [redacted] were next to me. I [censored] string to which [*****] bit my hand [...] in that [...] s***y way that [censored] do, and the [nope] just cuddled up beside me.

Whats odd is this isn't the first [redacted] dream I've had like this where one comes up and playfully bites me, I remember a few months or maybe even a year ago I was in this really crowded place like a fair and in the middle of a crowd there was this [censored] the same kind of biting, all playful and s***y way. I wonder what it means.
I h ope this clarifies matters.