The Dream Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
Had a very vivid and unhappy dream about Pauline last night. I suppose it's to be expected, she's always on my mind a lot at thanksgiving, as the upcoming 29th will mark 5 years since she passed away.

So... I somehow get to be apart of a space mission to the moon. We take off and kill a flying flamingo on the way to space (yes It his the window), I also looked out and saw a flying whale and a miniature turtle with the world on it's back flying though the air (before we got into space). Next thing I remember is we are on the moon, no space suit just an oxygen mask and I have my phone. I take a picture of something when it has a small explosion and it looked really cool, then I took a picture of Venus. FINALLY I turn to Earth and say "take this flat earthers" and snap a picture then BOOM there's a big explosion, like a nuke that I can see on earth, then another one, then both poles completely explode in a HUGE explosion. When the dust on the Earth settles you can see both poles are gone and only the middle part of the Earth is there. We turn on a TV (we have a tv) and there is only static, nothing is being transmitted from Earth. From there we try to figure out who eats the least amount of food and that's going to be the person that survives because they will survive the longest because they don't eat a lot. Then I woke up. It was a trip.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I had an extremely vivid dream that I was shot in the back. I had just been out that evening doing nothing in particular, on my way back to my car, and bang, and pain, and hello Mr. Concrete how are you today. I fumbled for my phone, but my fingers were shaking and twitching so badly I couldn't dial, and I couldn't even speak properly to say "hey google dial 911." So I just had lie there on the pavement and bleed out, getting colder as my racing heart slowed, with only my regrets for company.

Last night I had an extremely vivid dream that I was shot in the back. I had just been out that evening doing nothing in particular, on my way back to my car, and bang, and pain, and hello Mr. Concrete how are you today. I fumbled for my phone, but my fingers were shaking and twitching so badly I couldn't dial, and I couldn't even speak properly to say "hey google dial 911." So I just had lie there on the pavement and bleed out, getting colder as my racing heart slowed, with only my regrets for company.
I hate that dream, though for me it's usually stabbing rather than a shot.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I dreamed a bunch of Halforumites went together on a ski trip, and I was along with a camera recording it. Only I had a lot of difficulty because it was an early 90s camcorder (you know, with the smaller VHS tapes) and all the controls were wonky and it didn't even record in widescreen. I don't remember a whole lot about the dream, except that there were something like 20 or 30 of us there and everybody but me were actually on snowboards (I was still on skis), and Tinwhistler tried to do the snow-halfpipe and took a nasty spill. Dei was constantly needling me about my ineptitude with the camera, and Celt Z made fun of me for being the only one not able to snowboard. Hey, I got this shitty camera to deal with, I can't be worrying about boarding too!

When night time came, the hotel we were all staying in had some kind of scooby-doo mystery or something going on (I can't quite remember all the details), and it turned out that one of the elevators in the place descended all the way into hell. When I got to the bottom, I had to trick some demons into letting me go by pretending a fig newton I was carrying in my pocket was actually my soul, and I escaped by giving it to them.

Then I woke up and I was late for work >_<

fade

Staff member
I had a dream that I realized part of the way in was a gritty, realistic version of Super Mario Bros. Including the extra lives, which made it like Edge of Tomorrow. I was not Mario, but I was helping him. He looked like Aragorn + Snake Plisken. He and I were known outlaws in this Generic European Country, and we were trying to save the princess from a typical uniform-wearing military dictator. You'd think this was Bowser, right?

The dream took place at the docks where a new ship was being commissioned, and the general brought the princess along on his arm. The cops in their movie style tan dictatorship uniforms were looking out for us, expecting us to make our move...when all hell broke loose. That's when Bowser showed up. The containers on a nearby docked container ship fell open and there was Bowser and his army, looking a lot like Duvall in Waterworld, machine gun and cigar. They got into a firefight with the general's forces, and Mario grabbed the princess in the confusion.

We made our way until we were surrounded by cops. We held up our hands to surrender, but the cops either didn't notice or didn't care. They took positions against Bowser's forces. Bowser had incited and armed a lot of the people, too, and a lot of the people took up the general's side. You couldn't tell who was on what side, and people were going mad, literally, with the stress and shock.

Bowser's regular soldiers were after Mario and me specifically, though. They were good, too, and we were constantly on the run. I remember scenes like being in a stairwell, and some crazed business guy with a gun comes down. But when he sees me, instead of shooting at me, he shoots himself painfully in the stomach. Oh, and Bowser and the citizens he armed had normal looking coins that were drilled out and filled with some kind of explosive/thermite combo that would go off when thrown or when stepped on, I guess referencing the coins from the game.

Anyway, every time we died, we'd be right back at the moment Bowser arrived. Bowser seemed somehow partially aware of this, as his initial attack became more elaborate every reset. That's about it. Woke before resolution.

I had a dream that I realized part of the way in was a gritty, realistic version of Super Mario Bros. Including the extra lives, which made it like Edge of Tomorrow. I was not Mario, but I was helping him. He looked like Aragorn + Snake Plisken. He and I were known outlaws in this Generic European Country, and we were trying to save the princess from a typical uniform-wearing military dictator. You'd think this was Bowser, right?

The dream took place at the docks where a new ship was being commissioned, and the general brought the princess along on his arm. The cops in their movie style tan dictatorship uniforms were looking out for us, expecting us to make our move...when all hell broke loose. That's when Bowser showed up. The containers on a nearby docked container ship fell open and there was Bowser and his army, looking a lot like Duvall in Waterworld, machine gun and cigar. They got into a firefight with the general's forces, and Mario grabbed the princess in the confusion.

We made our way until we were surrounded by cops. We held up our hands to surrender, but the cops either didn't notice or didn't care. They took positions against Bowser's forces. Bowser had incited and armed a lot of the people, too, and a lot of the people took up the general's side. You couldn't tell who was on what side, and people were going mad, literally, with the stress and shock.

Bowser's regular soldiers were after Mario and me specifically, though. They were good, too, and we were constantly on the run. I remember scenes like being in a stairwell, and some crazed business guy with a gun comes down. But when he sees me, instead of shooting at me, he shoots himself painfully in the stomach. Oh, and Bowser and the citizens he armed had normal looking coins that were drilled out and filled with some kind of explosive/thermite combo that would go off when thrown or when stepped on, I guess referencing the coins from the game.

Anyway, every time we died, we'd be right back at the moment Bowser arrived. Bowser seemed somehow partially aware of this, as his initial attack became more elaborate every reset. That's about it. Woke before resolution.
Did you save your dream game so you can play it again tonight?

I had a dream last night that I was eating Fritos and using peanut butter as a dip, and it was delicious. So, I had to give it a try today.
It wasn't delicious

I remember when I added a big spoonful of peanut butter to my mouth while chewing strawberry gum as a kid, wanted to see if it tasted like peanut butter and jelly.

It did not. In fact, the oil in the peanut butter broke up the gum and made it feel like I was chewing a mouthful of peanut butter and oatmeal Starburst. Bleah.

--Patrick

I had a dream last night that I was eating Fritos and using peanut butter as a dip, and it was delicious. So, I had to give it a try today.
It wasn't delicious
That's so sad. Alexa, play Despacito.

On the up side, I know from experience that fritos and hummus go together excellently, if you need to dip your chip in something tan.

GasBandit

Staff member
One time I experimented with twizzlers and nacho cheese and actually liked it. then I tried it again a few months later and was absolutely disgusted. I don't know what the hell I was on the first time.

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I dreamed I added a new video card to my monitor. Not replaced, but added.. and it was an AMD instead of an Nvidia, so not even SLI was on the table. But Apparently I decided I needed to do that...

And then I went to a concert, and it turns out I was right behind the guys from penny arcade and their entourage. Naturally they didn't pay any attention to me because it's not like we ever met before. The really weird thing was, the concert was at the middle school I attended in El Paso. On the way back out to the car, I looked down and realized I had lost my shoes somewhere, so I had to backtrack to find them.

I have no idea what any of this means.

fade

Staff member
I had a dream that I was on a bus, only the windshield was boarded over so I couldn't see out. The driver was down below us in a cockpit type thing, and I could only get occasional glimpses out his window. It was pre-dawn, and I could make out tropical trees in a storm. When we finally stopped, this lady in a camp counselor type uniform--short sleeved sweater with piping around the sleeves and a logo of some kind--gets on the bus and tells us we're here at the resort, but we could only come in if we prepaid. I had this panicked feeling that I hadn't paid. I got out and looked around. It was definitely a Hawaii-like paradise, and in front of us was this big building that looked like a resort hotel or a school or an institute. Definitely got an institute vibe from it. You know--ornate and fancy, with house or mansion like elements, and gables over the front, but at the same time very big and boxy and imposing. Real Arkham type stuff.

I went inside, and people were checking with the group to make sure we prepaid. I got to a guy, and he knew right away. "Sir you have not prepaid. I can't let you in if you haven't." I said can I pay now? I pulled out my wallet, but all of my credit cards got declined on his little handheld gizmo. I asked if I could call my wife, because she would vouch that I was good for it, and pay for me. He looked really skeptical but agreed. I couldn't get through on my cell phone (no service), so he let me use the house phone. I tried several times to get through but nothing. Finally, my son answered, but his voice was really weird and shaky. "D-dad?" I asked to talk to my wife, but she wasn't there. So I waited and tried later. I missed her a couple more times, but my son and I chatted. Finally she was there. I asked if she could vouch and pay--they wouldn't let me in unless she did. She kind of sounded weepy and said okay.

Then the "camera" switched to my son's phone with "Dad" on the screen, and the usual call timer. The camera pans out in slow-mo, and we see the screen is cracked, and the phone is even severed. We see a shoebox marked "dad's stuff", and then the camera pulls out and shows a bunch of paranormal investigators watching the whole thing.. I guess I was calling from purgatory or something.

I dreamt I watched Avengers: Endgame. It was a weird movie, the Avengers were barely in it, while there were a whole bunch of new characters that reminded me of the Justice League. Like, there was a robotic guy, a woman who fought with a sword and shield, a blue guy who could fly, etc., all fighting Thanos together.

And then I dreamt I came out and posted about it on HF. "Weird movie, but still entertaining."

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I had a very vivid dream. I was an active participant, but in retrospect, it feels like I was watching a movie. It was like Firefly, but with xenomorph giger-aliens, and it had a "Pitch Black" feel to it. And that's why I'm up and about at 6am writing about it instead of sleeping.

I was on one of the typically "like earth but in an old western" planets/towns like there were dozens of in firefly. My grandparents apparently had a house there. I had found out about the aliens and knew we needed to get off planet ASAP, but I was alone across town and they were still at the house.

I was at a bar, and there I met a man and woman. She seemed like she could handle herself - sort of a Pvt Vasquez type, whereas the guy was more bookish and timid. As the hangars were closer than my grandfather's house, and they also had a ship there, all three of us went to the hangar to get our respective ships (I planned to take my grandfather's ship to pick my grandparents up and leave).

Unfortunately, upon arriving I found my grandfather's ship locked and I did not have a key. The two people I met discovered their ship had been damaged and would not be able to fly without time consuming repairs - and time was running out, as aliens were already now encroaching into the thoroughfares and it was getting dangerous to be outside. I convinced them that if they could get me to my grandfather's, and get my grandparents and I back to the ship, there'd be room for everyone to get off planet.

And then I noticed my gun was missing. I'd just set it down on a nearby workbench a moment earlier. Looking around for it, I saw a facehugger "pickpocket" the woman's pistol right off her hip holster and scurry out a crack in the hangar wall. The aliens were smart enough to know to disarm us. This left us with only what tools we could find in the hangar to use as weapons - hammers, wrenches, axes, that sort of thing. We armed ourselves with what we could, and set out.

We managed to make it most of the way across town without running into trouble, but then an alien appeared and got between me and the others. I didn't really fancy my chances with just a fireman's axe, and thankfully I was rescued just in time by an armed party of humans coming around the corner quickly - it was my grandparents and (oddly enough) the engineer from where I work and a couple other people I didn't recognize. They were headed toward the hangar, so naturally we ran into each other.

We managed to get back to the ship and lift off just as the alien infestation achieved full "zerg rush" status, flowing into and overwhelming the town.

Just as we were setting course from orbit, we discovered one of us was implanted with an alien. And that's when my cat woke me up.