The EPIC WIN Thread 2: EPIC HARDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After epic writer's block in the months leading up to my wedding, i got out 2532 words today. Woot ;)

where they all the same words over and over again? :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

After a financial aid snafu with my old school (long story made short: they awarded me a grant, apparently didn't pay it, adjusted my student loan based on it, then decided to pay it to me after all), I came out $700 ahead of where I thought I'd be. I was already going to pick it up, but this let me accelerate my plans a bit; so I am now the proud owner of a 50" Panasonic Viera HDTV that I picked up brand new for $630 :) . As of Monday, when my order from Gamestop arrives, I'll be playing Demon's Souls in sweet, sweet hi-def.

And I'll have just enough time to enjoy a weensy bit before starting my PhD program in June.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Okay, I think I'm seriously in love with the girl I mentioned before (the one who apparently eats her pizza the right way :p ). I just took a short nap... and I dreamt of her, even though we had only met today for a picnic with some friends. Also, it was set on a cruise liner where we all plan to go later this summer.

Now if I could only explain why I was protecting her from a goon squad of gasmask-wearing Chinese soldiers...

Going to see the new Shrek movie with my sister, her two kids, maybe her hubby, and definitely my boyfriend!

Boyfriend and I are talking about getting married!

Monday is the school's teacher work day, then off for the summer!

I have a blog!

Umm.... I got a new phone!

Uh... OTHER GOOD THINGS

Kind of a grab-bag today, running the gamut from epic win to mild fail.

My partner and I just saved a woman from committing suicide by strangulation by bra/drowning in an irrigation ditch.

This necessitated us grabbing her from said ditch, which she did not take kindly to, so she fought.

Said ditch runs through residential areas, carrying the drainage from the reclaimed marsh/swampland. Oh, and the assorted detritus that such a fixture accumulates when passing through residential areas.

After we got her secured and calmed down, then transported to the hospital for evaluation, it was time for a change of clothes/shower. This was when my partner realised his hand wasn't working any more. Apparently, when she was fighting with us, she managed to break his wrist somehow.

So, yeah. Life save, wrist broken, uniform besmirched with sludge. I love this job. *grins*

another 4199 words today, and the completion of the rough draft.

I'm at nearly 95,000 words for the entire story. I'm hoping that I can flesh out some areas to push it over 10K when doing the rewrite.

another 4199 words today, and the completion of the rough draft.

I'm at nearly 95,000 words for the entire story. I'm hoping that I can flesh out some areas to push it over 10K when doing the rewrite.
:aaahhh::explode:[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah, ding me for a missed zero. That's the kind of thing that creeps in on the best of days, not to mention days when you've already spent 7 hours straight pounding out prose. Hopefully 2nd and 3rd drafts are supposed to catch those;)

I read some advice that said to print out your manuscript for your 2nd and 3rd revisions, because your eye would skim over and 'miss' blatant errors on the computer screen. And that advice is golden. In addition to catching places I'd like to re-word, I'm running into some embarrassingly basic grammatical and typographical errors. And this is on the first chapter, which I've already revisited a couple of times on the computer screen.

I understand, just trying to have a little fun with ya.

I'm personally having one of those days today, Win because my daughter got home safely from Washington DC and had a great time, Fail, because they got in at 1:30am this morning and I had to stay up to wait on her and still be up for work @ 6am.

Cajungal

Staff member
w00t!

Ok, it's official. Anyone who plans to watch Memphis Beat, look out for my brother's band playing behind an Elvis impersonating Jason Lee--episode 3 or 4.

SHITS GETTING REAL YA'LL!

Now we just have to not screw it up. It's my first show since I was... um... 17 probably. I'm a little nervous but after our last practice I think the only thing I have to worry about is how many faces we are gonna melt off. :p

For two days in a row now, I've met a quota of 2500 words written. They're not gold, but they're something. And they're 1500 words/day higher than my 1000 words/day quota which I typically fall short of anyways.

I have finally met a forumite! I had to fly 4000 kilometers but I did it. Tegid and I hung out last night, had dinner a few drinks and good time. So that was neat. He met my friend Josh who castigated him on enjoying soccer and we met a few of his friends and his girlfriend. Nifty.

I have finally met a forumite! I had to fly 4000 kilometers but I did it. Tegid and I hung out last night, had dinner a few drinks and good time. So that was neat. He met my friend Josh who castigated him on enjoying soccer and we met a few of his friends and his girlfriend. Nifty.
But not his friend that is ALSO ON HALFORUMS because of this freaking contest I'm trying to enter into in the last minute... ¬¬

It's weird, though, thinking somebody from Halforums has met my group of childhood friends!

The thing I've been working in like a madman this last week (and part of the week before) will not win the contest it's in (there are entries with more tan 10.000 points), but we scored 300 in a single evening! That is still PRETTY AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.