The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

I'm still horribly overweight, but I managed to bike and hike out to my yoga rock and back today. It's about 12 km (7.4 miles) one way, so that's about 24-25 km total. Plus a 15 or so minute hike to my rock and back.

'Scuse me, I'm gonna pass out now.

EDIT: I somehow wrote "rock rock" instead of "yoga rock."

And a little photographic proof:

Last edited:
@Denbrought, Ain't I a stinker for posting a cryptic picture without much context? Wanted to see if anybody knows what this is. Anyway here is one that make sense.
IMG_20210503_163719113.jpg

I got a Thermomix last week as a gift and it's amazing. It's a multipurpose kitchen machine and makes cooking a lot easier. The first picture shows the steamer. You can make and cook a whole meal with just this machine.

fade

Staff member
I guess pending divorce aside, I did lose almost 25 lbs over the last year and get back into running. On the other hand, I have developed metatarsalgia and I really need to see a dr about it. I don't want to stop running, but it is getting pretty bad and not going away.

Also, just before the lockdowns, we had our annual shotokan karate camp, and I passed my second degree black belt test.

For father's day, my lovely wife gave our kids the credit card and told them to go find me a Playstation 4 or 5, knowing very well that I'd be happy with either but that they would be gone a while trying to find a five, thus giving us some "alone time" in the house.

Best father's day ever.

They're not your daughter's skinny jeans, are they? I hear that happens in your house.
That's more of I constantly give my wife my daughters clothing because from my perspective thay are both the same size.

I am quite happy with my pants, and I was able to buy them both in just over an hour. I suffered from the unholy triangle on pick only two: on sale, your size, a style that fits.

That's more of I constantly give my wife my daughters clothing because from my perspective thay are both the same size.

I am quite happy with my pants, and I was able to buy them both in just over an hour. I suffered from the unholy triangle on pick only two: on sale, your size, a style that fits.
Doesn’t “your size” and “a style that fits” equate to the same thing? If it fits, it’s your size (no matter what random number for size that’s on it). And if it doesn’t fit why would you buy it?

Doesn’t “your size” and “a style that fits” equate to the same thing? If it fits, it’s your size (no matter what random number for size that’s on it). And if it doesn’t fit why would you buy it?
No, I think he means a style that actually looks somewhat half-way decent.
There's plenty of $10 pants that will stay up if I button them, but I wouldn't be allowed to leave the house with by my wife. Some people can pull off skinny jeans, some can pull off cargo pants, some can wear a boot cut, some can wear slim-legg elephant pipes...All of those may be found in a size I can wear, but none of them will look good on me.

They had all kinds of pants in my size (waist x length) that when I tried them on I could not bend over in them. But very few that I could do regular activities with but were the correct waist and length. I eventually got a two pairs that fit and were in my size but not on sale. Then @Squidleybits pummeled me.