The Internet will never satisfy its lust for bizarre and weird things.

I prefer the weird internet we used to have before advertisers took over and determined that weird was unprofitable and bad but fascism is a ok

figmentPez

Staff member
More food horrors:

Related article: We Eat at the Worst Michelin Starred Restaurant, Ever

"It’s as though someone had read about food and restaurants, but had never experienced either, and this was their attempt to recreate it.
"What followed was a 27-course meal (note that 'course' and 'meal' and '27' are being used liberally here) which spanned 4.5 hours and made me feel like I was a character in a Dickensian novel. Because — I cannot impart this enough — there was nothing even close to an actual meal served. Some 'courses' were slivers of edible paper. Some shot were glasses of vinegar. Everything tasted like fish, even the non-fish courses. And nearly everything, including these noodles, which was by far the most substantial dish we had, was served cold. "
"There is no menu at Bros. Just a blank newspaper with a QR code linking to a video featuring one of the chefs,"
"A hierarchical pecking order was being established, and when you’re the one desperately slurping sustenance out of the plaster cast of someone else’s mouth, it’s safe to say you are at the bottom of that pyramid."
<Picture of "The Meat Droplet Course">
"P.S. — The next day, one of the staff tried contacting the only single female member of our party via Instagram messages. 'Hey, I served you last night!' he wrote. She immediately blocked him."

figmentPez

Staff member
More food horrors:

"It’s as though someone had read about food and restaurants, but had never experienced either, and this was their attempt to recreate it.
"What followed was a 27-course meal (note that 'course' and 'meal' and '27' are being used liberally here) which spanned 4.5 hours and made me feel like I was a character in a Dickensian novel. Because — I cannot impart this enough — there was nothing even close to an actual meal served. Some 'courses' were slivers of edible paper. Some shot were glasses of vinegar. Everything tasted like fish, even the non-fish courses. And nearly everything, including these noodles, which was by far the most substantial dish we had, was served cold. "
"There is no menu at Bros. Just a blank newspaper with a QR code linking to a video featuring one of the chefs,"
"A hierarchical pecking order was being established, and when you’re the one desperately slurping sustenance out of the plaster cast of someone else’s mouth, it’s safe to say you are at the bottom of that pyramid."
"P.S. — The next day, one of the staff tried contacting the only single female member of our party via Instagram messages. 'Hey, I served you last night!' he wrote. She immediately blocked him."
And the best comment:

figmentPez

Staff member
More food horrors:

The chef has responded: WHAT IS A MAN ON A HORSE?

chef-pellegrino-response-pg1.png

chef-pellegrino-response-pg2.png

chef-pellegrino-response-pg3.png

To be fair, a lot of modern art is so valued bc it's used for money laundering so there is a lot of bullshit that rises to the top bc the art itself does not actually matter

Pure abstract art is like an empty bucket that you fill with meaning from your own essence. I don't find that interesting

Last edited:
Unless it's real celebrity meat that I'm feasting on because eat the rich finally became a thing, no go from me.

figmentPez

Staff member
Spoilered because of spiders:

"Researchers have turned dead spiders into necrobotic grippers capable of lifting items that weigh more than 100 times their own body weight. "

Scientists Necromancers have hooked dead spiders up to syringes and are using them like a claw game to pick things up.

Do you want a horror movie? Because this is how you get robo-spider-zombies.

Reactions: Cat
I remember reading that the reason spiders curl up into balls when they die is because their locomotion is hydraulic in nature.
When I saw the article title sweeping the Internet, I thought, "Oh, so someone just plugged a tube into their systems, I guess?"
People have used ants as sutures or spiders for thread, right? How many other biomechanical uses could we cultivate our little arthropod buddies to do?

--Patrick

Reactions: Cat