fade

Staff member
In fairness, Keurig admitted they were wrong about 2.0 way back in 2015. They reintroduced their own reusable cup, and they intentionally did not pursue legal action against the Freedom Clip that disables the DRM.

In fairness, Keurig admitted they were wrong about 2.0 way back in 2015. They reintroduced their own reusable cup, and they intentionally did not pursue legal action against the Freedom Clip that disables the DRM.
This may have more to do with the probablility of losing whatever good will they had left if they had. You do NOT cut off people’s access to coffee without repercussions.

—Patrick

This may have more to do with the probablility of losing whatever good will they had left if they had. You do NOT cut off people’s access to coffee without repercussions.

—Patrick
They lost so much good will in Washington. In a period of six months boxes of GMCR branded coffee went from the top shelf of the coffee aisle with Starbucks and Gevalia at $9.99 a box, to the bottom shelf, at $4.98 a box; and they were still begging people to buy them.

I didn’t know Keurig had enough money left to buy anyone else, actually.

—Patrick
The Reimann clan (who own JAB Holdings) is the richest family in Germany. They also own Jimmy Choo, Krispy Kreme and Panera Bread, among many others. Dr. Pepper wont put that big a dent into their wallet.

@LordRendar

This guy I talk to sometimes said he was given an iPad by the a person whose house he was cleaning BUT THEN a few minutes later said they simply lost it and has no way of contacting them. I don't trust a guy who can't keep their story straight.

I would not be surprised if Keurig decided to make their own version of the "SodaStream" or whatever it's called, using pods and doing exactly that. I guess the entire appeal would be for people who NEED that soda fountain taste, because soda from a bottle or can does indeed seem to taste different.
Keurig Kold. $359 usd. Failed miserably.

There's also that little matter of, oh, GIANT FUCKING WILDFIRES in California. I can't possibly imagine that flamethrowers could contribute to that.

I wonder if CA already controls the sale and distribution of propane torches - marketing aside, that's all this really is.

It's not much bigger than a typical weed burning propane torch:

Which can be easily modified so it presents a flame similar to the one the Boring company is selling:

No one sells them like this not due to danger or regulation, but because they exhaust a small tank very, very quickly, and rarely do you need that much heat.

However, if you're building blacksmith forges and metal melting furnaces than you certainly do.

fade

Staff member
I don't know enough about what CA is doing to say, but I suspect it has as much to do with how it's being sold as what's being sold. I mean, some might take issue with something marketed as a "choppy choppy fun knife to play with" rather than "a machete" because consumers will see them as different things and use them very differently despite the fact that they're the same thing physically.

When I look at a blood moon, I see a moon with a slight orange tint, I never see these bright red moons other pictures have. Is it the thinner atmosphere at a mile above sea level or what?

When I look at a blood moon, I see a moon with a slight orange tint, I never see these bright red moons other pictures have. Is it the thinner atmosphere at a mile above sea level or what?
Could be. It's the thickness of the atmosphere that gives the Sun/Moon the red tint, so thinner air might be a legitimate factor.

--Patrick

I had just gotten on the elevator, the door was starting to close, and a guy walks up and asks, "Is the elevator going down?"

I replied, "Yes." Then I let the door close.

fade

Staff member
Have any Hollywood writers actually been to college?

I expected to be in trouble with The Dean who apparently roams campuses looking for naughty kids. Except that there are many deans, and they don't generally care how you act.

Have any Hollywood writers actually been to college?

I expected to be in trouble with The Dean who apparently roams campuses looking for naughty kids. Except that there are many deans, and they don't generally care how you act.
When I was a kid in college, the Dean of Student Life basically went around digging up dirt on any group that was not a Greek Frat.

I was watching this past weekend's golf tournament on TV. It ended with a tie, and two players managed to keep it tied through 5 holes of sudden death.

On that 5th playoff hole, the commentators were talking about how Jason Day couldn't even see the hole from where he was making an iron shot, because it had grown dark as the sun set. Meanwhile, on TV, it looked bright as day, with clear colors and absolutely everything distinctly visible.

Cameras lie.

I was watching this past weekend's golf tournament on TV. It ended with a tie, and two players managed to keep it tied through 5 holes of sudden death.

On that 5th playoff hole, the commentators were talking about how Jason Day couldn't even see the hole from where he was making an iron shot, because it had grown dark as the sun set. Meanwhile, on TV, it looked bright as day, with clear colors and absolutely everything distinctly visible.

Cameras lie.

The X27 camera is phenomenal.

--Patrick

There's a new drink shop near my workplace called "Love Juices". They sell fruit juice, tea, coffee, etc, but I've read enough smut to feel slightly icked out whenever I pass by their shop.

There's a new drink shop near my workplace called "Love Juices". They sell fruit juice, tea, coffee, etc, but I've read enough smut to feel slightly icked out whenever I pass by their shop.
That name alone makes me skeptical that they'll be in business for long-ALMOST-as much as I believe the new Dollar General will be open for long...which I DO NOT BELIEVE SO-because come on, what idiot makes a NEW retail store in this economic climate?

That name alone makes me skeptical that they'll be in business for long-ALMOST-as much as I believe the new Dollar General will be open for long...which I DO NOT BELIEVE SO-because come on, what idiot makes a NEW retail store in this economic climate?
In their defense, this is Taiwan, so most people probably aren't familiar with the connotations of that phrase.

In their offense, drink shops do tend to go out of business quite quickly around here, I'd imagine it's because margins tend to be rather thin, so if the shop has a bad week or month you could easily go into the red.