I watched this like 120 times as a kid and once recently as a adult. It holds up 100% Tiny Toons was a real treat.

My little random crap though is there's a pretty amazing Warhammer battle report channel that's run out of Vancouver, BC. They do incredibly well edited batreps with top notch terrain and beautifully painted models. The asthetics are on point. Except that one of the guys has grown this absolutely disgusting beard. It's so thin and wispy and awful. Jeez. Can you guess from the thumbnail who I'm talking about? I hate looking at it. The channels videos are awesome though for people into this sort of thing.

I knew exactly what they were talking about when I saw the tweet
I watched this like 120 times as a kid
I remember counting up the tongue jokes, and when Plucky exclaims, "Tongue joke number ten!" it's actually only the eighth tongue joke which either means I'm lousy at counting or else there are some deleted scenes out there waiting to be revealed.

--Patrick

I remember counting up the tongue jokes, and when Plucky exclaims, "Tongue joke number ten!" it's actually only the eighth tongue joke which either means I'm lousy at counting
"By jungle law, the Ghost Who Walks calls forth the power of ten tigers."

"By jungle law, the Ghost Who Walks calls forth the power of ten tigers."
I assume that's a Phantom reference? I've read the comic but never seen the films (or show, I guess?).
I will say I've seen The Shadow, though. In the theater, even. Oof.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I assume that's a Phantom reference? I've read the comic but never seen the films (or show, I guess?).
I will say I've seen The Shadow, though. In the theater, even. Oof.

--Patrick
I'm not sure if the chant in question actually existed in Phantom canon before he was featured as one of the Defenders of the Earth.

I remember the series, I just never watched it. Mostly what I remember it for is the idea that someone would make an 80's animated show for children based around WW2-era adventure newspaper comic characters.

And I say this even though Mandrake was probably my favorite newspaper comic in 80's prior to the emergence of Far Side, C&H, etc.

--Patrick

You know that thing where you look up someone whose work you enjoy only to find out that they were in some way awful? Well against my better judgement I just looked up Edward Gorey, and you know what? He seems just as cool as one might hope. My favorite bit on Wikipedia is this quote about his sexuality (he apparently never dated or expressed interest in romance):
I'm neither one thing nor the other particularly. I am fortunate in that I am apparently reasonably undersexed or something ... I've never said that I was gay and I've never said that I wasn't ... what I'm trying to say is that I am a person before I am anything else ... Well, I'm neither one thing nor the other particularly. I suppose I'm gay. But I don't identify with it much.

My mom is apparently going around calling the rest of the family and claiming I have depression because... I sounded sad on the phone?

I mean I guess it's possible I do, but I'm annoyed she's taken it upon herself to diagnose me and make it a family talking point behind my back.

Bangs can be good. I have a female friend who used to have bangs, and now she doesn't, and unfortunately she has an oddly shaped forehead that makes it look like she's growing rudimentary horns.

Still a very hot girl though.

In my opinion, cleavage shouldn't be treated as if it's some kind of zone that ought to repel eyes like pushing two of the same magnet together. There's absolutely nothing wrong with "glance and move on," just like there's nothing wrong with looking to see what kind of socks/shoes you're wearing, If you have necklace/ring(s)/earrings/watch, noticing a tattoo, unusual belt buckle, some kind of message on shirt, etc. But eyes shouldn't linger on cleavage like a mosquito sucking up a meal, that's what makes it rude.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Our power is finally back on. It went out at 10 so our power company could "make some repairs to existing equipment". It was supposed to come back on by 2 pm but took until almost 3. Hope it's done this time.