The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

"The cause of the collapse has not been determined..."
Are they going to try and say this was suicide, too?

--Patrick
I see it more along the lines of an official statement signed off by a PEng investigating the accident.

And is it ironic that they were moving the crane to the other side to replace the bridge?

That looks difficult to eat, but it sounds good.

My only concern is it looks like their special seasoning is parsley flakes.

Even though she shot me with a crossbow for asking to watch the game on the big TV last night, I still treat my wife to the finest of Canadian cuisine.

20200810_174716.jpg

My wife listens to this song at least twenty times per day.
It would be more, but she's been on a Hozier kick of late.

--Patrick

I went to university in the maritimes. The song was on repeat on the weekends....
I went to university in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and we had a local bar musician who played this song every weekend.

Years later, I went to a gig he did in Detroit. He did this song and all the Tech alum sang along. Everyone else in the bar had GasBandit’s reaction above. :D

I went to university in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and we had a local bar musician who played this song every weekend.

Years later, I went to a gig he did in Detroit. He did this song and all the Tech alum sang along. Everyone else in the bar had GasBandit’s reaction above. :D
My wife also went to university in da UP, and remembers him doing the Unicorn song as well. But for her, this is that time of year when you wonder where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours.
(seriously, you and she need to hook up online or something)

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I imagine this is how (most of) the rest of you would react if all of a sudden I and half of a bunch of hicks in a bar suddenly started shouting HULLABALLOO CANECK CANECK HULLABALLOO CANECK CANECK.

/Whooooooooooooooooop

My wife also went to university in da UP, and remembers him doing the Unicorn song as well. But for her, this is that time of year when you wonder where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours.
(seriously, you and she need to hook up online or something)

--Patrick
But autumn is the best time of year! I’d rather hike a frozen lake beneath a midnight moon, and see a black bear and a loon.

Sometimes I'm grateful I went to a university that doesn't have these things.

...although, growing up in Rutgers' back yard, I knew all the words to "On the Banks of the Old Raritan" before I graduated high school. And the fight song, which no one sings all the words to anymore, except the " R-U rah rah, R-U, rah rah, Whoo-rah, Whoo-rah, Rutgers rah!" part. And even then, that chant is so mealy-mouthed that when I asked several friends who played in the bands and attended every football and basketball game what the hell were the chant words, none of them knew.

That's what a degree from Rutgers'll get ya.

:notes:Varsity, varsity, U-rah-rah Wis-CON-sin
Praise to thee, we sing (weee siiing...)
Praise to thee our alma mater
U-Rah-Rah Wiiis-co-ooon-sinnn:notes: