The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

Confession: I don't think I've ever had one. I have, on numerous occasions, been in and around their namesake and currently live 2 hours away but, even when offered at various family gatherings and functions, not a one.

Bah - it's not even *neat* or *cool looking* vandalism.

Apparently, dude even tagged his own name on the piece too. So we're not dealing with a super smart individual.

In the finest tradition of Canada and Saturday morning cartoons, a walrus fell asleep on an iceberg that broke off it's shelf and floated to Ireland.

Just in time for St. Patrick's Day.

We've probably discussed this here before but maybe not:
Canadian A&W is a completely different company from American A&W, but licenses the same branding. And by all accounts, its a million times better.

It is. A&W onion rings are in a tier of their own and the burgers are the best regular fast food (before you get into the "premium" fast food like Fat Burger, though A&W is honestly better than Fat Burger too).

A&W rules.

It is. A&W onion rings are in a tier of their own and the burgers are the best regular fast food (before you get into the "premium" fast food like Fat Burger, though A&W is honestly better than Fat Burger too).

A&W rules.
I've never had American A&W to compare, but yeah, A&W Canada is one of my favourite burger chains, and anyone I know who HAS tried both seems to agree the difference is night and day.

For me it sits in a tier all on its own, well above McDonalds but not *quite* alongside Hero Burger and Five Guys.

My aunt, a normally progressive and open minded person except for this unbelievable reverence they have for the Royal Family, has fallen deep down the Facebook hole of just railing on Megan Markle. My mom tells me she also really hated Princess Di too. It's fucking bizarre.

Alls I'm saying fellow Canadians is fuck the royal family until they're no longer publicly funded extravagant living leeches.

My aunt, a normally progressive and open minded person except for this unbelievable reverence they have for the Royal Family, has fallen deep down the Facebook hole of just railing on Megan Markle. My mom tells me she also really hated Princess Di too. It's fucking bizarre.

Alls I'm saying fellow Canadians is fuck the royal family until they're no longer publicly funded extravagant living leeches.
Oh, that is it @Frank if I ever buy you a coffee and you say Thank You, I, I, well I just don't think I could say You're Welcome.

I would say it’s more of a Nationalism thing since she was/is American. I mean we basically said FU to the royals and now one of us IS a royal.

I would say it’s more of a Nationalism thing since she was/is American. I mean we basically said FU to the royals and now one of us IS a royal.
Little bit from column A, little bit from column B, with a smidgen from the column C which is Classism.

"What? You say she used to work for a living? And not just as something to do, but in order to support herself? Instead of being born into a life of privilege & wealth?" *Monocle falls off face in shock*

Last edited:
Not white, not a virgin, not English, commoner, divorced, already a celebrity, American, put no effort into learning what she was getting into and marrying, chose not play the game with the press and was marrying the favoured Prince of England. It was never going to end well.

with a smidgen from the column C which is Classism.

"What? You say she used to work for a living? And not just as something to do, but in order to support herself? Instead of being born into a life of privilege & wealth?" *Monocle falls off face in shock*
This. This right here.

--Patrick

Not white, not a virgin, not English, commoner, divorced, already a celebrity, American, put no effort into learning what she was getting into and marrying, chose not play the game with the press and was marrying the favoured Prince of England. It was never going to end well.
I was under the impression that they didn't start to dislike her until she did such a good job on her first tour (whatever that means) that others in the family got jealous.