The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

It happens. Especially when the store is 24 hours.
I’ve gone in the middle of the night way too many times in the past, and I swear that there is always another car in line no matter when I go. I like their patty melt and chocolate shake.

I've worked at a fried chicken place in my teens (Hartz, for full disclosure). We slung those chickens like mad, all day. A batch takes like 17 minutes to cook (unless you're fancy like KFC and have those patented pressure fryers). Whoever's working the fry station should constantly be slinging chicken to keep the bin full. If you have to wait more than "immediately" for your food, it's because the fry cook did a shit job, and is behind, and how you have to actually wait for the chicken to finish frying.
I worked at KFC when I was 14 and those death machines still took 15 minutes to cook a full load of chicken.

Oh god, I understood almost all of that. I really have been on this forum too long.

(Coincidentally, I was just explaining they're called "bunnyhugs" to my husband and son this past weekend.)

So there are all sorts of Monopoly games out there.

Many are themed on various cities where a few minor changes are made from game to game to keep production costs down.

Things like houses, dice, and game pieces remain constant. You could play as The Dog, The High Five or The Big Smile.

When they decided to make a Dartmouth monopoly game, that last piece become problematic.

For in Dartmouth, The Big Smile is an iconic advertising prop for a denture shop run by a person who in 2020 went on a two day cross province killing spree, the largest in our countries history.

Give your balls a tug Parker Brothers.

You know you live in rural Canada when:

you put your phone and wallet down to get fitted for a shoulder/collarbone brace and your phone is sitting there untouched half an hour later when you finally remembered it after leaving the store.

One of our news organizations is having a feud with a fast food chain over it's hideously sexist treatment of a long tenured anchor and I don't know whether to laugh or to be embarrassed.

Last edited:

One of our news organizations is having a feud with a fast food chain over it's hideously sexist treatment of a long tenured anchor and I don't know whether to laugh or to be embarrassed.
Did that news station write a story about them-fucking-selves calling in a bunch of so called experts to say how anyone talking shit is gonna pay for it?

Hockey Canada.

Every kid in Canada gives em $26 per year. $3 for admin, $23 for insurance.

Hockey Canada has for years now it seems been settling sexual assault cases out of court, burying all news of it and using what should be the insurance funds to pay off the victims.

News finally broke and the people of Canada have demanded change and accountability.

The suits at Hockey Canada said fuck off.

All the major sponsors are dropping like flies, like huge names. Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, Telus, Royal Bank all gone inside 24 hours.

And the provincial organizations are bowing out. Hockey Quebec left. Hockey Ontario withholding fees.

Still the executives at Hockey Canada won't budge. They are actually bitching about their treatment in the press.

Heck, Parliament is weighing in, Mr Prime Minister (not Andy) "If we have to burn it to the ground and replace it with some new organization called Canada Hockey we will."

Last edited:
I have a great Hockey Canada jacket given to me by reps from Hockey Canada that I can't bear to wear right now.

I assume Alberta is giving them full support.
For now they are silent, working on the issues at a local level. Can't truly hold it against any of the provinces, most simply do not have the resources and enrollment to self insure.
Post automatically merged:

I have a great Hockey Canada jacket given to me by reps from Hockey Canada that I can't bear to wear right now.
Throw it on the ice like a Leafs jersey!

For now they are silent, working on the issues at a local level. Can't truly hold it against any of the provinces, most simply do not have the resources and enrollment to self insure.
No but from what Frank usually says, you can always count on Alberta to do the bad thing.