[Gaming] Upcoming games you are excited for, wary about, dreading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like SR3 as much as 2. Not only was it way more over the top than the last game, but you got way too many gifts and power-ups far too early. It didn't feel like I earned a lot of stuff. In terms of the silliness, I liked SR2 because it was semi-serious, but allowed you to get silly. Like a straight man trying to deal with insane nutjobs.
Yes.

GasBandit

Staff member
I didn't like SR3 as much as 2. Not only was it way more over the top than the last game, but you got way too many gifts and power-ups far too early. It didn't feel like I earned a lot of stuff. In terms of the silliness, I liked SR2 because it was semi-serious, but allowed you to get silly. Like a straight man trying to deal with insane nutjobs.
Well, it doesn't look like the next one is going to be more serious.

7 mins of SR4 footage with dev commentary.

SR3 made a shitload of money, so I can't blame the for going wacky again. Now we just need to find out if it made so much because SR3 just appealed to more people or if it was because GTA4 was a steaming pile.

GasBandit

Staff member
SR3 made a shitload of money, so I can't blame the for going wacky again. Now we just need to find out if it made so much because SR3 just appealed to more people or if it was because GTA4 was a steaming pile.
Most of what I liked about SR3 was that it played like a real PC version, not a slapdash console port. SR2 had the better content perhaps (and sure as hell a lot more of it), but half the cars were undrivable on PC and it had framerate issues up the wazoo.

So this Remember Me game has flown totally under my radar. Now, having seen the trailers, it looks rad as hell.

So this Remember Me game has flown totally under my radar. Now, having seen the trailers, it looks rad as hell.
I've read some previews and the concept is awesome. I hope they pull it off.

Also, the TMNT brawler is shaping up pretty slick, I'm looking forward to some co-op fun. Raph's combos look brutal as hell.

While I'm a big fan of the series, Total War: Rome² has someone completely gone unnoticed. I can't even come close to meeting minimum requirements (heck, I could barely run Shogun2)....Anyone ho's been following it more closely who can tell me the big new things, good and bad? Suddenly always-online with auto-multiplayer-drop-in and fighting your own battles is a separate DLC? :p

It would seem to be...Very heavily inspired by DK, indeed. Let's hope it's as good, and I will gladly give them all of my money.

I've read some previews and the concept is awesome. I hope they pull it off.

Also, the TMNT brawler is shaping up pretty slick, I'm looking forward to some co-op fun. Raph's combos look brutal as hell.
My band's drummer is working on the TMNT game and he says it's pretty fantastic.

figmentPez

Staff member
Batman: Arkham Origins trailer:

This is a lot of fun to watch, but I'm really wary about this game. It's from a different team than the other Arkham games, and I'm not sure I like that they want to go for a "rawer, scarier Batman."

Batman: Arkham Origins trailer:

This is a lot of fun to watch, but I'm really wary about this game. It's from a different team than the other Arkham games, and I'm not sure I like that they want to go for a "rawer, scarier Batman."
I am tentatively hopeful. I wasn't keen on the game after hearing Rocksteady wasn't doing it, and early reports (like no Kevin Conroy) left a bad taste in my mouth, but those reports have since turned out to be false. Honestly, after reading a bit of what the devs have released, and their plans, such as bringing the detective aspect more to the forefront, and basically making the game into a noir detective story, it sounds like it might be pretty sweet.

And I love the Christmas setting.

I think Folk Tale ($20 on Steam) might be a good game. Currently it's in alpha testing stage so you can only play the tutorial so far and not much is working. But from the sound of things, it might turn into some kind of a above ground Dungeon Keeper where you run a human village and fight monsters, instead of the other way around.[DOUBLEPOST=1370203999][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am both looking forward to and scared of Dragon Age 3.
Yeah, Dragon Age 2 was rather disappointing. Less choices and much smaller and linear world. Hopefully they will bring the non human races and origin variation back.

I think Folk Tale ($20 on Steam) might be a good game. Currently it's in alpha testing stage so you can only play the tutorial so far and not much is working. But from the sound of things, it might turn into some kind of a above ground Dungeon Keeper where you run a human village and fight monsters, instead of the other way around.[DOUBLEPOST=1370203999][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, Dragon Age 2 was rather disappointing. Less choices and much smaller and linear world. Hopefully they will bring the non human races and origin variation back.
The one thing that bothered me the most (other than the awful things they did to some returning characters) was that they made like four dungeons. But I remember doing a lot more than four dungeon quests...super lazy.

I really hope Batman Arkham Origins is awesome, especially since they got Ron FUCKING Perlman to reprise his role as Deathstroke. Though...its more like taking the role of Deathstroke seeing as how in the cartoon he was called Slade and was radically different than the original Deathstroke and-FLEH whatever I still hope for a great game.

I s anyone playing State of Decay? Seems like mine kind of resource gathering + zombies game. But I don't want to buy it if it's really dull poop.

I s anyone playing State of Decay? Seems like mine kind of resource gathering + zombies game. But I don't want to buy it if it's really dull poop.
There are plays on Youtube right now.

Sounds like it's intense, but has graphical bugs. Sounds just like my kind of game, but I don't have an Xbox and I doubt my laptop could run it.

Murdered: Soul Suspect

You play a detective that is murdered. He becomes a ghost and has to track down the guy who killed him in the ghost filed town of Salem. Looks mostly stealth based from the sound of it, with lots of puzzles and detective work.

Well, the premise is unique and interesting. The question is, will it actually be challenging or will it hand hold you. I'm game to find out though, I've been craving something more unique lately.

There are plays on Youtube right now.

Sounds like it's intense, but has graphical bugs. Sounds just like my kind of game, but I don't have an Xbox and I doubt my laptop could run it.
Yeah, I just been having trouble finding a video not made by someone who annoys me by talking too much or just standing around doing nothing for the first 5 minutes. But here is one!

Yeah, I think I have to get it. Even if it turns out disappointing, it's just $20.

I like the game, but at the same time it's INCREDIBLY frustrating. It's really easy to get overwhelmed and they don't really teach you how to do anything aside from telling you the buttons for it.

That being said, this game really makes you feel like your struggling to survive. You need to worry about food, meds, ammo, morale, your neighbors... it all comes together really well, despite not having a strong overarching plot.

The Last of Us is getting absolutely fucking insane reviews. It looks straight incredible. Hopefully it lives up to even a small portion of the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.