Video Game News and Miscellany

GasBandit

Staff member
Unless the warrior priest has flames shooting out his butt, I'm not interested. Ill burn myself to a crisp as Sienna, thank you.
Well, he does have the burning light of sigmar shooting out of his butt, but I doubt that's what you had in mind.

Anyway, yeah, I played a few rounds with randos and the WP is an interesting career. No ranged damage at all, like the knight templar and the slayer, but instead can use 2 different melee weapons. I'm a bit underwhelmed by the hammer and book, which was my go-to in Warhammer Online, but the 2 handed sledgehammer is by far the most OP melee weapon I've used in this game. It is 24/7 wide sweeps with armor pierce and a charged swing can 1-shot armored elites even if it doesn't hit the head. Righteous Fury builds very slowly and drains very quickly, and I'm kinda underwhelmed by its effects, but truth is I don't need it. And his F is 5 seconds of invulnerability that then explodes into AE damage, usable on self or an ally, and I've got the talent that does both at the same time.

Seriously the cleave on that 2 hander is insane, and it 1-shots anything that isn't a Chaos Warrior or higher.

Cities: Skylines Airports DLC

In my off and on obsession with Cities Skylines, I'm currently going through an "off" period, but this might get me to start it up. Then again, I often lose patience with building a city by the time I get around to airports and restart a whole new city.

EDIT: And some details on the DLC, found here.

The new DLC is entirely centered around airports, and there is quite a lot on the menu.

-Modular Airport Building: Place and design your airport, connecting its various buildings by using concourse networks

-Airport Progression: If your airport gets the approval of business travelers and tourists alike, you’ll be rewarded with expanded building options and bigger airplanes, creating a boon for the local travel industry.

-Public transport: Make life easier for would-be travelers by placing dedicated airport buildings, allowing you to connect your airport to the city through base game transport types like bus, metro, and train stations.

-Cargo Air Traffic: Tired of hiding your cargo terminals by themselves on the outskirts of your city? Create cargo terminals that are connected to the larger airport complex that fit in visually with other airport buildings, eliminating the need for older eyesores while hauling in new goods and materials.

Sounds like it's using similar modular building like the Parks, Industries, and Universities DLC.

Last edited:
Man, I've been waiting for Cities Skylines to finish releasing DLC. package them all together, and then put them on sale. At this rate I'm never going to get the DLCs.

I really want FF 7 but there is no chance in hell i am paying 80€ for a remake. Guess i will wait till it is available on sale.
And I do try not to pirate stuff, not because i think its unethical (lol,fuck greedy publishers) but becauseGerman ISPs are fucking tattle tales.

I really want FF 7 but there is no chance in hell i am paying 80€ for a remake.
To be fair, while the title is Remake, it is actually a whole new game and is
a sequel.

That said, there's no fucking reason it should cost so much on PC when it's already been out on console for a year.

To be fair, while the title is Remake, it is actually a whole new game and is
a sequel.

That said, there's no fucking reason it should cost so much on PC when it's already been out on console for a year.
It really is awesome and I found that while expensive, I enjoyed it thoroughly and will totally pay again for part 2.

The first big Timberborn update came out today. I've been playing it a bit and I'm really liking the new additions. For one, there's a "lido" or swimming pool to boost your beavers' fun levels. And they added water-based food like cattail and spadderdock. I didn't think those little additions would be so enjoyable, but there's something aesthetically pleasing about seeing aquatic plants in the water. And seeing beavers do the backstroke in the lido pool is adorable.

There's still not a LOT of content in this game and I'm not sure if I'd say it's worth a buy yet, but for what there is, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. There aren't as many wide options like other city builder-like games. Not yet, anyway.

Well, now that people have actually played the FF7R PC port, the results are in. Shit port. Stuttering issues all over the place.

Well, now that people have actually played the FF7R PC port, the results are in. Shit port. Stuttering issues all over the place.
Between this and the GTA remaster, I'm starting to think someone out there is nostalgic for the days when shit PC ports were the norm.

figmentPez

Staff member
That was the case with FFXV when it came out, too, wasn't it? I seem to recall most of Square's PC ports start out shitty, with lots of stuttering.

Because nostalgia sells ultimately, ten years from now they'll do a Portal something in some way or another and people will suck it up like the fucking sheeple they are because capitalism.

We've reached the point where I honestly think GLaDOS wouldn't be that bad an option for President.

I mean, yes, she wants to kill everyone, but at least that's more equitable than some other presidents' policies, you know?