Video Game News and Miscellany

Wouldn't we need to have already downloaded the game to play? Or do you know some way to get it that isn't through Steam?

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Wouldn't we need to have already downloaded the game to play? Or do you know some way to get it that isn't through Steam?

--Patrick
Yeah their site link goes directly to Steam. Nothing on the torrent sites, and even third party key purchasing doesn't work. Welp...

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey cool, a new Space Mareen game.

Ooh sweet! I always thought the reviews were unfairly unkind to the first one, as I enjoyed it.

And hey, look, they made Titus look slightly less like Sam Neill! Which I'm not sure I actually think is a good thing but whatever.

Interesting, they seem to be following the Control storyline (which, spoiler, Alan Wake becomes an important part of)
Yeah, there's some DLC that dwelves into that. Which I'd love to play...but there's no way to buy the DLC separately. I got Control through Humble Bundle Choice, but it was only the base game. And there is zero options to get the DLC unless you buy the Ultimate Edition. So the only way to get the DLC is buying the whole game AGAIN.

Yeah, there's some DLC that dwelves into that. Which I'd love to play...but there's no way to buy the DLC separately. I got Control through Humble Bundle Choice, but it was only the base game. And there is zero options to get the DLC unless you buy the Ultimate Edition. So the only way to get the DLC is buying the whole game AGAIN.
Not sure if it'll play nice with your version, buty Humble Bundle is still selling the Season Pass, 60% off right now.

Not sure if it'll play nice with your version, buty Humble Bundle is still selling the Season Pass, 60% off right now.
Hmm. Well, it's 63% off right now, so less than $8. Screw it, I'll see if it works.

Ooh sweet! I always thought the reviews were unfairly unkind to the first one, as I enjoyed it.

And hey, look, they made Titus look slightly less like Sam Neill! Which I'm not sure I actually think is a good thing but whatever.
Maybe they'll explain how Cato Sicarius and Titus could exist at the same time and both be captains of the 2nd company of the Ultramarines since this second game takes place after the introduction of Primaris marines.

GasBandit

Staff member
Got a copyright strike over that buck breaking documentary so now all my torrenting is from my phone at the grocery store
Oh I got one for GoT back in the day, which led me to cancel HBO and use the money I saved from it to rent a seedbox in the netherlands, and that does all my torrenting for me. Came with VPN access too, though I rarely need it since I can just FTP the finished downloads to my home plex server.

You can see the price now in the Epic Game Store. It's 95 Canadian, which is still hilarious.

Go fuck yonselves.
I honestly wouldn't even pay $20 for it. I played the PS4 demo and thought it was...fine? But I've also never had a great love for 7 like other people.

Now, if there were a big remake of 4? Sign me the fuck up. (Though I still wouldn't pay ninety five fucking dollars for it).

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm still reeling that a company would think a 2 year old game is worth MORE now than when it was released.
I'm with you on that. Even though I know Square Enix has a long history of inflated prices for their games. The amount they're charging for the Pixel Perfect remasters is ridiculous, especially given how lazy those are. Font problems? Are you fucking kidding me? Why should I pay that much to play an old game that still needs a fan patch to look good?