Weird weather

The tornado sirens went off in my Mom's town. I don't see any reports on the news this morning if they had one or not.

GasBandit

Staff member
You didn't get hit with a tornado? I'm so sorry for your lack of loss.
So, if I tell you that YOU are going to get hit by a tornado, and then you don't, should you be thankful to me?

I mean, I would have understood if there'd at least been a storm, or maybe even a cloud or two, but it was downright gorgeous outside.

Tornadoes in my area last night. My place is fine, no damage, but there are reports of trees and power lines down around the area.

Dave

Staff member
So that was 27 minutes ago. How are ya? If you have power.

The south sky was green and the north sky was BLACK!

My favorite restaurant just reopened. I think it was under the track of the storm.

Hell, I was supposed to get 2-3 inches of rain and severe thunderstorms all day. My grass is barely wet.

...where the heck did that storm track, right over the Mississippi?

...oh, wait. I didn't realize there were multiple towns named Onalaska. (I was thinking of the one north of LaCrosse, WI.)

I am tired of this biblical weather.

My front yard. It hailed so hard that it went from 80 degrees or more down to about 50. With really thick fog. Seconds later it was too foggy to shoot anything. With blue skies above.

GasBandit

Staff member

I am tired of this biblical weather.

My front yard. It hailed so hard that it went from 80 degrees or more down to about 50. With really thick fog. Seconds later it was too foggy to shoot anything. With blue skies above.
Buckle up.

And then all the rednecks wearing MAGA hats shot the doomweasels, for "them varmints 'r mighty tasty."

This is supposed to be a cicada wave year in the Virginias, too.
But next year it's going to be the entire eastern half of the USA.

--Patrick
I spent every summer in Oklahoma growing up. Virginians merely adopted the cicada. I was born to it, molded by it. I did not hear a quiet summer until I was already a man, and by then to me, it was nothing but deafening.

GasBandit

Staff member
So I just had a hailstorm roll through minutes ago, some of which got up to the size of a quarter.

My turn -- just got the hurricane warning alert. It's probably not a big deal, though the wind predictions have gone up a bit over the last 24 hours.