Weird weather

We haven’t had a useful rain here since probably April. We’ve gotten 30 second sprinkles that are enough to leave dents in the dirt, but that’s it. It’s getting crispy out, and no rain in sight.

Welp, Monsoon season came in today. It's rained several different times since this morning, and we've had humidity levels in the 70% range. Fortunately the temperatures have dropped to make it feel like it's just "summer" out there.

Guys, it's hot and getting hotter and I dun like it. I'm from the NWT and I grew up in the NORTH. The stereotypical NORTH that you south of the border think of. The scene in the first X-Men movie where Wolverine is fighting in that dive bar in some random fake northern Albertan town? That shit is based on my hometown. That's how north I am.

I can't handle 25 degree C, let alone nearly 40.

Look, I get it. Muh heat ain't as hot as your heat. It also gets to as low as -40 here in the winter. Imagine that swing. Most of us don't have AC. Old people and babies are going to die in droves here this week.

I promise I won't make fun if you get a brutal winter of zero degrees.

Look, I get it. Muh heat ain't as hot as your heat. It also gets to as low as -40 here in the winter. Imagine that swing. Most of us don't have AC. Old people and babies are going to die in droves here this week.

I promise I won't make fun if you get a brutal winter of zero degrees.
You think they’d make it below 50f? They wouldn’t make it a week that low, but it’d be fun to laugh at all the people dieing without heat right???

I’ve dealt with -40 degree temperatures before. That’s why I’m in Arizona. And that’s also why I don’t whine (too much) about the heat.

Can we disagree on that?
No. I've known too many people who have died in 100 degree heat. Namely my uncle that could not pay his electric bill. He was too proud to ask his brothers for help. I don't even think it was 100 on the day he died from heat exposure. This is a man that lived in that area for over 80 years, and worked out doors his entire career.

Hey, I've been good this year. Honest.

100F is okay in small doses, but yes you need to be in a cool place when it gets up into the 110's (like, say, it is right now as I type this).

I honestly don't know how anyone who doesn't have AC in the Valley survives. Of course, it could explain the general insanity that goes on around here...