Weird weather

Except for tomorrow being in the low 50's, we're having the usual spring temps around here (60's for the rest of this week).

April snow is so normal to me that I'm not even phased that it's currently snowing again. (But heads up to all you babies east of me, it might again come your way)

Can I least get some pity for the freakin' wind speed around here today? Winds are essentially taking all the dust pollen pollution and crap in the air and swirling it around really fast.

Can I least get some pity for the freakin' wind speed around here today? Winds are essentially taking all the dust pollen pollution and crap in the air and swirling it around really fast.
I have a nice thin layer of snow suppressing all of the pollen right now.

5 minutes ago, sunny and dry. Then the wind started picking up. I mean, seriously picking up..making my house pop and creak. Then the rain started coming down in buckets. So I grabbed this short video.

Boy, I bet you're glad you're not going to have to deal with anything like that when you move to Texas, hey?

/sarcasm_mode

5 minutes ago, sunny and dry. Then the wind started picking up. I mean, seriously picking up..making my house pop and creak. Then the rain started coming down in buckets. So I grabbed this short video.
Yep, that just blew through up here, too. Luckily, no power issues thus far.

Well, I got a it has rained at least every other day for 3 weeks piss and moan...

I am slipping all over my front yard when I take my dog out. I have an inch of water and a foot of mud to deal with.
I was finally able to mow my yard on Monday, it rained Tuesday, nice today and probable soaking for the next couple or four days… this is the wettest spring I can remember around here since about 1993 or so, only now I have a yard to deal with.

You guys may have heard about there being a historic drought in Taiwan over the last few months. If you have, it was probably in the context of the drought contributing to the global chip shortage, since TSMC couldn't get enough water to produce their chips.

Well, over the last week or so, we finally got some rain.

Lots of rain, in fact.

So much rain.

Taiwan is now flooding.

...Care to send some of that our way?
Post automatically merged:

That's the problem with AZ. They're in desperate need of nuking from orbit just like Texas.

But that's another thread.
Don't worry, we're being California-ized instead.

...I know, not much better, right?

You guys may have heard about there being a historic drought in Taiwan over the last few months. If you have, it was probably in the context of the drought contributing to the global chip shortage, since TSMC couldn't get enough water to produce their chips.

Well, over the last week or so, we finally got some rain.

Lots of rain, in fact.

So much rain.

Taiwan is now flooding.
Yup, we're flooding too at the moment. Huzzah.

GasBandit

Staff member
He is, and to an extent, I am as well, in that once again ERCOT is showing itself unprepared for even a mild unfortunate contingency. There is no way that a stalled front in April should be causing demand to outpace supply. When we get into the July-August doldrums and everybody's running their AC at full blast 24/7, is our power grid going to buckle like a belt AGAIN, if it's already strained now?
Ha ha ha remember when I said it would be July when ERCOT fucking made Texas look like clown shoes yet again?