What are you playing?

bugs? I've completed ME:2 at least 3 times and never experienced any.

Are you playing it on PC?
PC yeah. It happens at the weirdest times too. I'll just get stuck on a piece of debris or will get my head caught in a beam. Or sometimes NPCs will appear all jagged. I suspect most of these problems are my video card more than the game.

Deus ex hr is a prequel, so while you will miss a few nods towards what is to come, you don't need to know the first game to follow it.

I would still recommend the first game. The graphics aren't that bad, and the gameplay and storyline still hold up today. It's easily one of my most favorite games.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

I am a huge fan of the first Metal Gear Solid. I played it far too many times, again and again, back between '99 and '03. I mega-suck at this now. I got used to using the stealth suit and infinite ammo bandana. My multiple deaths at the entry point (when you're still in the wetsuit) was pathetic and laughable. I've accepted this shittiness as my own fault.

What I like: having all the stuff from MGS2, like screwing around with guard bodies, having the tranq gun, improving grip level--little touches.

What I don't: the Matrix-type action bits added to the cutscenes, some of the new line delivery (Mei Ling and Nastasha's accents are barely there and Naomi's is gone completely, along with any emotion in her performance), and the changes in the music. I admit it's neat that each boss has their own theme, but the old boss music was terrific. I hope MGS2 isn't too changed; I had a hard enough time liking much of that game as it is.

My biggest issue with The Twin Snakes? First person aiming completely breaks the game. The environments and boss battles were not designed to take this into account, so there simply is no challenge in the game.

Deus Ex is a fantastic game, even more so with all the Quebecer jokes in this game thanks to Eidos Montreal. :)

My biggest issue with The Twin Snakes? First person aiming completely breaks the game. The environments and boss battles were not designed to take this into account, so there simply is no challenge in the game.
I found it funny in the Psycho Mantis battle, if you go into first person, you get hit with urns in the face.

I've apparently been stupid about Twin Snakes for years. I always thought it was both MGS and MGS2 on the Gamecube. Nope, it's just the first game. I thought I was getting a deal. I should've bought MGS on the PSN for $10 and picked up MGS2 for $3 from Gamestop (the latter's still gonna happen). Dammit, I paid more for a game that, while amusing, keeps missing me off with the stupid shit they've added to each cutscene.

The wolves... oh goddammit, the wolves...

I've apparently been stupid about Twin Snakes for years. I always thought it was both MGS and MGS2 on the Gamecube. Nope, it's just the first game. I thought I was getting a deal. I should've bought MGS on the PSN for $10 and picked up MGS2 for $3 from Gamestop (the latter's still gonna happen). Dammit, I paid more for a game that, while amusing, keeps missing me off with the stupid shit they've added to each cutscene.

The wolves... oh goddammit, the wolves...
Get the Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection. It's 60 bucks, but you get Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The latter two are the director's cut versions (so more stuff) and I know that Subsistence comes with the original MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. This is the only way to legitimately get Metal Gear 2 in the US.

Get the Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection. It's 60 bucks, but you get Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The latter two are the director's cut versions (so more stuff) and I know that Subsistence comes with the original MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. This is the only way to legitimately get Metal Gear 2 in the US.
At this point we really have MGS and MGS3, MGS2 will cost $3... That's a nice package if you have none, but that was unfortunately me a couple weeks ago.

Currently playing:

Team Fortress 2 (I don't think I could ever stop)
Dead Island (Missing the option to play MP, but beating zombies to death with a wrench is so much fun for hours on end)
WoW (I know I'm a total hypocrite for talking about how much better a game RIFT is that WoW and I actually STILL stand by the opinion.... however, I can't pull myself away from Azeroth. Especially with reading the recent Thrall novel. I just couldn't resist)
Deus Ex (Happened upon a copy of this game, however I got it the night before I got DI so it hasn't seen much play yet.....)

GasBandit

Staff member
I have started playing minecraft again on a regular basis on the halforums official minecraft server. At the moment I am building a large paddlewheel driven riverboat behind my mansion at the beach.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes: That was terrible. If you've never played MGS before, then I can see liking it, but I hated all the little changes and I wish I'd saved $14 and just bought the original off PSN.

Indigo Prophecy: This was a real pain on the PC and the quick time game got in the way of enjoying the mystery and stuff you do. It's much easier to get past those sections on the PS2 with the dual analogs.

Baldur's Gate.

I played 2, but never the original. I picked up both on GoG, as well as the tutu mod to play bg1 in bg2's engine.

Shit is fantastic. I miss me some infinity engine.

C

Chibibar

Global Agenda - Met a nice agency, it is pretty fun game still
DCUO - raid every thursday when I can.
Dead Island - only at the beach YAY! no lost for me.

Rift - been grinding warfronts
TF2 - been showing an old friend the ropes. He hasn't played a TF game since the original Quake mod.
Just started to replay Arkham Asylum again just to prep for Arkham City when it releases. Still an awesome game.

Hmmm, need this mod.
This forum post on GoG's forums has links to all the files needed, as well as easy to follow instructions. Note that if you're running windows 7 64bit, you may have to do the mod installations in safe mode, or use the new installer found on page 3.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/baldur_s_gate/newbie_guide_modding_bg1_if_you_buy_bg1_bg2_from_gog/page1

You'll also need to have both Baldur's Gate 1 (for the content) and Baldur's Gate 2 (for the engine) installed. Since it uses the ruleset from number 2, it also gives you some abilities that weren't available in original Baldur's Gate, such as class kits and different races/classes available (sorcerer!). You're free to ignore those if you want to stick to purely what was possible in Baldur's Gate.

Reactions: Dei
Haven't been able to play Human Revolution, but I have been playing a mod for the original Deus Ex called The Nameless Mod.

This thing is excellent. It's very long, almost as long as the original Deus Ex, and it keeps all the things that made Deus Ex great: intriguing storylines, interesting characters, multiple ways to solve problems, etc.

It also adds new weapons and gameplay mechanics, as well as a bunch of humorous stuff. It's also fully voiced, which is a rare luxury for a free mod.

The attention to little details is also there, just like how it was in Deus Ex. For example,
I shot and killed a certain NPC early on in the game, and naturally that she didn't appear later. But people kept mentioning this particular person in conversations, talking about how they saw her board a helicopter, or that she's already ahead of me. This is despite the game recognizing that she's dead, because I can talk about her death in conversations. "Huh," I thought, "someone didn't get their scripts or flags completely right, because some parts of the game still think she's alive." But it's a free mod, I figure, and it doesn't affect gameplay, so I don't mind too much.

Near the end of the game, she shows up again as a boss encounter, and both me and my in-game character are flabbergasted. The conversation basically goes like,

"But you're dead! I killed you!"
"I was brought back, we have advanced surgical techniques."
"But... I... you... repeatedly! In the head!"
"Surgical techniques!"

It turns out she was resurrected by her employers soon after I killed her. Her showing up in conversations wasn't a bug at all, it was foreshadowing that she's not dead.

Indigo Prophecy: "Why did everyone hate this? The story is engaging, the situations are interesting, I like the mood."
"Okay, there's a weird cult thing going and hypnosis and powers. I can't wait to see what happens."
"Oh, that's the explanation. Well, that's okay, it's still interesting. Wonder why Lucas's looks changed, but the whole psychedelic angle to the powers is neat and the murder investigation is getting intense. What'll happen after this amusement park?"
"What the fuck Matrix Terminator Dragonball Z Tomb Raider AHHHHHHHHH FUCK no wonder people didn't like this game."

That was the sharpest turn from promising to pissed away that I've seen a video game in a while. I think there was one other where things just went to pile-o-shit mode that quickly, but I can't recall what it was. In any case, that was a major disappointment.

Good luck,bro.It will be a hard and arduos journey to lvl 30,littered with ragequitters,autolockers,trolls and douchebags.But it will be worth it.

Good luck,bro.It will be a hard and arduos journey to lvl 30,littered with ragequitters,autolockers,trolls and douchebags.But it will be worth it.
I'm like one game away from 19, and honestly, only about 20% of the games I get into have leavers, griefers, or jerks.

Maybe I've been lucky. :)

Anyway, after weeks of trying new characters here and there I decided to buy Rammus and I've been having a ton of fun with him. Love the fountainball trick.

Just had the meanest Taric+Vayne combo on my team I have ever seen.taric stun,vayne gets in position and crossbows the enemy into the wall.stunning them again.They dominated bot lane against Sona and Ashe.Was a beautiful sight.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just had the meanest Taric+Vayne combo on my team I have ever seen.taric stun,vayne gets in position and crossbows the enemy into the wall.stunning them again.They dominated bot lane against Sona and Ashe.Was a beautiful sight.
Taric and ANY heavy damage dealer is an absolute nightmare. Excuse me, I have an overwhelming urge to go eat some oranges.

I love backdooring turrets as a late game Rammus. It was especially lucrative in a game last night, in which I had a Heart of Gold generating gold for me, and a Twisted Fate on my team. After using Tremors, a Sunfire Cape, and Defensive Ball Curlm I was easily able to knock down their top base turret and an entire wave of minions, B back to base, and use all that filthy lucre to get my Radouin's Omen.

:) Fun times.
Added at: 16:39
EDIT:

Seriously doggs, add Gustovich to your LoL friends.