What are you playing?

lol, I liked having an even split amongst my thralls.

Raven haired beauties and studs.

Of course I was Stygian so they were all doomed to be sacrificed anyway.

More than I usually manage.
Then again, I'm pretty sure I spend more time sleeping :confused:

Blegh, I was replaying Shadow of War, and, as noted int he Tech crap thread - it's now continuously crashing. After manually re-installing graphics drivers from scratch, it still does. I've dug in some more and found it's one specific character that's causing the issue...but that orc is my bodyguard, and I'm at the "tell your bodyguard to go do something" step of the main mission, so every time I go do something he shows up and it crashes. If I call him, it crashes. If I go to the army screen, it crashes. I've tried setting all graphics options to low in the hope it was some weird effect (I dunno, fire arrow triple hunter blahblah combo) that was causing a glitch with multiple effects colliding but no luck.
I *could* restart the whole game, but that's 7-8 hours down the drain, and...No certainty it won't just crash again when I get a bodyguard (or another orc with the same combo of skills/attributes). Blegh.
Well, I restarted the whole thing and got a whole lot further....But now I'm about 10 hours in (I went quite a bit faster this time skipping all dialogue and stuff) and it's crashing again. The first guy it crashed on was a fire-type whatever to be my bodyguard, which during the loading screen meant my whole screen was fire. I avoided having any fire types around and it works fine. But now I have to go fight the Balrog (sorry, spoiling an almost 10 year old game here), and obviously that ALSO involves a whole screen full of fire stuff. Already set my graphics settings to the very lowest but doesn't seem to have any impact. Grrrr.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm now running a Conan Exiles dedicated server, in case anybody wants to be sweaty, guttural, and mostly nude with Snuffles and I.

You know what I want to be playing? Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I'm almost done with my first playthrough of ME3.

You know what I can't play? Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Trying to launch it on Steam constantly throws up errors with the EA app. And without the EA app running, the game does not start.

I assume it's because the Steam sale is going on so there are a lot of new players playing it these past couple of days, which has overloaded the EA servers. At least I hope so. Because this would mean it'll clear up by itself in a few days. If the problem is something else, then I'd have to delve into troubleshooting the EA app and all that bullcrap.

Requiring a separate launcher and a net connection for a freaking single-player game is such bullshit for this very reason.

Well, I restarted the whole thing and got a whole lot further....But now I'm about 10 hours in (I went quite a bit faster this time skipping all dialogue and stuff) and it's crashing again. The first guy it crashed on was a fire-type whatever to be my bodyguard, which during the loading screen meant my whole screen was fire. I avoided having any fire types around and it works fine. But now I have to go fight the Balrog (sorry, spoiling an almost 10 year old game here), and obviously that ALSO involves a whole screen full of fire stuff. Already set my graphics settings to the very lowest but doesn't seem to have any impact. Grrrr.
I figured it out and solved it! Hurray!

The solution was not to upgrade my graphics drivers, but to downgrade them back to the era when the game first came out. Going almost 100 version points backwards and suddenly the game plays twice as fast, at higher settings, and the section wasn't a problem at all, not even a slowdown or anything.
No doubt other games will now complain, but, well, guess I'll have to re-upgrade once I've finished this game.

Story of Seasons: A wonderful life came out this week and I am weak and couldn’t resist.

I have never had such a backlog of games.

House flipper DLC is all on sale again this weekend too. The HGTV one is $3ish and I may need it.

I played through Final Fantasies Pixels Remasters 1 through 3.

3 was pretty great. Man, had I played that one Nintendo as a kid that game would have been my childhood game.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm now running a Conan Exiles dedicated server, in case anybody wants to be sweaty, guttural, and mostly nude with Snuffles and I.
Dave, and his friend Wata are now playing with us on the Conan server, and Wata brought another friend too.

In case anybody else wants in on it, just shoot me a message for the server password.

GasBandit

Staff member
Snuffles and I found a stray cat in Conan Exiles and brought it home.

I dub thee Mister Murdermittens.

1688394445274.png

Mister Murdermittens, please do not scent-mark the Wheel of Pain we use to break men's spirits. That's just adding insult to injury.

GasBandit

Staff member
I hit 60 in Conan Exiles last night.

Also survived my first purge (I'd had a purge before but got wiped out).

Looks like this is where the game actually begins. I've barely delved into the world at all.

For me, the game finally begins once I level up enough for my health to regenerate on its own and I can finally explore beyond the safety of aloe patches.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
For me, the game finally begins once I level up enough for my health to regenerate on its own and I can finally explore beyond the safety of aloe patches.

--Patrick
I mean... you can do that just by eating. The sated buff triggers any time you eat anything, and at low levels its effect is extremely pronounced.
And even beyond that, 10 points in vitality gets you passive regen.

I mean... you can do that just by eating. The sated buff triggers any time you eat anything, and at low levels its effect is extremely pronounced.
And even beyond that, 10 points in vitality gets you passive regen.
These must be more of those things that changed, because I remember not being able to get passive regen until something like lvl 40.

—Patrick

I just finished Final Fantasy 5. I have now completed every single mainline (non-MMO (but a good amount of 14 too)) except 16 since Sony has decided I wait 1+ years to play it.

The job system was a good upgrade from FF3 but the AP grind was brutal. Enemies just do not give enough.

I'm shocked how much I'm actually enjoying these old Final Fantasies (that I didn't play in my youth).

Now I'm going to watch the Legend of the Crystals anime and see how 90s VHS anime holds up.

You know what I want to be playing? Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I'm almost done with my first playthrough of ME3.

You know what I can't play? Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Trying to launch it on Steam constantly throws up errors with the EA app. And without the EA app running, the game does not start.

I assume it's because the Steam sale is going on so there are a lot of new players playing it these past couple of days, which has overloaded the EA servers. At least I hope so. Because this would mean it'll clear up by itself in a few days. If the problem is something else, then I'd have to delve into troubleshooting the EA app and all that bullcrap.

Requiring a separate launcher and a net connection for a freaking single-player game is such bullshit for this very reason.
You know what I'd still like to be playing? Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Still can't play it, EA app is still not working.

Normally this wouldn't bother me, I'd just say "oh well" and forget about it and play something else. But I'm literally like four missions away from the end of Mass Effect 3, and I just want to finish it. And most of the workarounds online involve something like "uninstall the EA app and install Origin instead", and I think it's rather indicative of how desperately I want to play that I'm actually considering installing Origin.

Hades

Been playing this a lot lately. Sometimes, it's fun to just pop in and do one run.

Tonight, I beat the main story. There seems to be more story past this, though, as there is still new dialogue on every run.

The most frustrating thing, though, is I want to collect more of the rare items like diamonds and ambrosia. I thought it was as simple as doing the contract pact challenges, and adding the heat level, but apparently not.

Dave

Staff member
Started a new solo game of 7 Days to Die since I'm all alone on the multiplayer server so why pay for it. First place I went into had ferals. So I started a new game. New building, same result.

I'm beginning to think alpha version 21 is a bit more challenging.

GasBandit

Staff member
Today Snuffles and I maxed out sorcery in Conan Exiles, and created a teleport gate network between our three bases.

Please don't ask me how many humans I've ritualistically exsanguinated.

Cleared the third dungeon, too. We've got three pieces now of the macguffin doohickey we need to break our slave bracers.

We found an axe that has damage so high that if I do any special attack with it, it causes an overflow error in memory, causing it to do little, if any damage at all. So that doesn't work well >_< I guess there's such a thing as being TOO powerful.

GasBandit

Staff member
There's dungeons now?
Were there not before? You have to go into them to get the plot doohickeys. Places like The Black Keep and the Midnight Grove and the Dregs? (those are the three I've done so far)

Though your reward for reforging the macguffin and removing your bracelet is basically character deletion, so I'm not even sure I'll do that.

From what I can tell though a LOT has changed even in the last year or two. Veteran players kept telling me things like "archery sucks so bad" when it seems perfectly viable to me. "You can't cross the bridge no matter what, you will freeze to death" well, I made some warm armor and was able to do so last night. Also apparently Legendary weapons drop in every skeleton key chest, so they're easy to gather at level 60 in large numbers - but they're always chosen by the game at random, and they cannot be repaired even with grandmaster repair kits - so once you use em up, gotta go get another one. Stuff like that.