What are you playing?

I liked Fall of Cybertron a lot. Still regretting not having a lot of time to get to play multiplayer. I never did get my scout up high enough to get the sniper rifle.

I enjoyed War for Cybertron waaaaaay more than I expected to, and the nods to fans in little references to the old movie and Generation 1 stuff were really cool. I've heard Fall is even better, all in all, I just have to find the time to play it. The upside is by the time I get around to it I should be able to buy it used.

Clarification: You only need to buy the Catwoman DLC if it is a used copy. The DLC is free for any purchase of the game. It's one of those instances of comanies trying to find ways to still wring some kind of profit out of used game sales.
Ah, I see. Well in that case, I don't think anyone who bought it used should bother spending the extra.

I enjoyed War for Cybertron waaaaaay more than I expected to, and the nods to fans in little references to the old movie and Generation 1 stuff were really cool. I've heard Fall is even better, all in all, I just have to find the time to play it. The upside is by the time I get around to it I should be able to buy it used.
My only issue with Fall of Cybertron was that the Optimus Prime levels (which are the first few) are not indicative of how good the rest of the game is. You kind of have to power through them until you get to the Jazz and Cliffjumper stages.

Also, the Combatacons are just the best thing ever in that game.

My wife and I were talking about killing video game time before Dishonored comes out, and though I still have tons of Skyrim to play and have to begin a new game of Fallout: New Vegas, as Jay would approve of, my wife urged me to play Kingdom Hearts 2. She wanted to see it, but didn't want to play it; that makes me the controller monkey. So then we took a further step back and I'm playing the first Kingdom Hearts before that since it's been 10 years.

:troll:

My wife and I were talking about killing video game time before Dishonored comes out, and though I still have tons of Skyrim to play and have to begin a new game of Fallout: New Vegas, as Jay would approve of, my wife urged me to play Kingdom Hearts 2. She wanted to see it, but didn't want to play it; that makes me the controller monkey. So then we took a further step back and I'm playing the first Kingdom Hearts before that since it's been 10 years.

:troll:
I never actually finished the first KH, I did get through II, though. As for KH1, though, screw that Peter Pan level. Captain Hook is a jerk.

I never actually finished the first KH, I did get through II, though. As for KH1, though, screw that Peter Pan level. Captain Hook is a jerk.
I barely remember, but I think beating Hook was a better of timing with blocks. Worst part of the Peter Pan world was the optional scythe-wielding boss.

Though nothing compares to Sephiroth. I consider myself the superior gamer, and I couldn't beat him. Don't know how my wife managed it.

The second to last boss of Kingdom Hearts 3D is a complete son of a bitch for that matter. Flipping and zipping all over, harsh attacks, and if you don't time one of the special moves right, he rewinds time to regain his last three health bars. And even if you do get the timing right, you have to beat TIME ITSELF to offset him. Not fast enough with that? Then the boss rewinds time anyway.

I played some Saints Row the Third over the weekend, thanks to the Steam free weekend. Got as far as beating pedestrians to death with a giant dildo, and immediately bought the game.

This means that, for pretty much the first time in my life, I actually have a backlog of games to get through. There's also Black Mesa to play, I'm only as far as Power Up, and also Torchlight 2, which I've fired up to try but haven't gotten far yet. Plus I haven't finished my recent Doom 3 run yet. And I'm on the verge of challenging the Elite 4 in Pokemon Black.

I barely remember, but I think beating Hook was a better of timing with blocks. Worst part of the Peter Pan world was the optional scythe-wielding boss.

Though nothing compares to Sephiroth. I consider myself the superior gamer, and I couldn't beat him. Don't know how my wife managed it.

The second to last boss of Kingdom Hearts 3D is a complete son of a bitch for that matter. Flipping and zipping all over, harsh attacks, and if you don't time one of the special moves right, he rewinds time to regain his last three health bars. And even if you do get the timing right, you have to beat TIME ITSELF to offset him. Not fast enough with that? Then the boss rewinds time anyway.
I had the same "oh God stop fucking moving" thing with Riku in KH1, fighting him in Hollow Bastion. Not only does he dash around like The Flash, but the jerk-ass leaves big nasty fires all over the place. I spent half the damn fight gliding around, waiting for a chance to hit him or parry/counter him.

I had the same "oh God stop fucking moving" thing with Riku in KH1, fighting him in Hollow Bastion. Not only does he dash around like The Flash, but the jerk-ass leaves big nasty fires all over the place. I spent half the damn fight gliding around, waiting for a chance to hit him or parry/counter him.
Yeah, Riku there is tougher than the final boss.

For kiddy-looking games, the KH series gets mean in the last few hours of gameplay.

So, after going through all that battling at the end of the Elite 4 of Pokemon Black, and then sitting through what felt like the longest set of cut scenes in the history of Pokemon, I finally get a chance to look at my Reshiram's nature and calculate its IVs.

Apparently my Reshiram has a Special Attack IV of zero. Which means this legendary poke is probably going to sit in my box and rot.

Heh, reminds me of that time I Gamesharked my Pokemon Emerald to give myself a team of Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Raikou, Mewtwo, and Ho-oh.

From the beginning of the game.

I think I ended up beating the Elite 4 with my team 10 to 15 levels underleveled.

Yeah pretty much everything is on standby while I'm playing Mists of Panderia. So it'll be a while before there's a new update....

Yeah pretty much everything is on standby while I'm playing Mists of Panderia. So it'll be a while before there's a new update....
Why do you put titles in yellow text, of all things? On the white background of the default theme it's completely unreadable.

So... I have a friend who really enjoys gift-giving. Really good gift-giving... ridiculously good gifts. This friend is already Christmas shopping, so Mike and I already received our Christmas gift from him. We now own a PS3!!! With backwards compatibility!! It also came with a red dualshock, and he also tracked down a pink dualshock for me! XD
I'm playing the 2 games he gifted us, since that's all we have at the moment (well, that's not completely true... roommate has a couple PS3 games that I can borrow!): Rayman Origins, and Final Fantasy XIII. :3

I'm also finished Bastion yesterday and started New Game Plus! Ahh I LOVE this game!

Good quote I read today.

"Still kind of weirded out that the Star Trek MMO is about space battles and pewpew lasers and Star Wars is all conversations and diplomacy."

I'm trying to play through Mass Effect 2.

I'm bored to death so far with the actual gameplay. I'm intrigued by the story but... eeeeeeeeeh. Everyone keeps telling me to play it but man the mediocre gameplay and lackluster level design is boring me.

I'm trying to play through Mass Effect 2.

I'm bored to death so far with the actual gameplay. I'm intrigued by the story but... eeeeeeeeeh. Everyone keeps telling me to play it but man the mediocre gameplay and lackluster level design is boring me.
How far are you?

The gameplay isn't that different from ME1, I think. Apart from the addition of thermal clips, which I still think is one of the most poorly justified design decisions in the history of gaming.

It really was stupid. Having unlimited ammo in ME1 was fine, once you figured out how many shots you could fire before overheating. It was kind of like saying "Now is the time to use your Biotics/Engineer skills!"

Never played the first, they didn't put it out yet on PS3 so everyone told me to just go for it (and it had a sweet opening thing that lets you play through the major decisions of the first one). I really don't know why it isn't clicking for me. It just isn't and I'm disappointed about that.

Ah, then if you think ME2 has bland level design, you shoulda seen ME1. Pretty much every single side quest used the same 2 or 3 indoor structures. The only difference was the placement of obstacles you could take cover behind.

The only thing worse than the Mako's handling was replacing it with those fucking Probes. "Oh you need all these minerals to make your ship/equipment better, but we don't want you to have any Goddamn fun while you gather them. START LAUNCHIN', SHEP."

The only thing worse than the Mako's handling was replacing it with those fucking Probes. "Oh you need all these minerals to make your ship/equipment better, but we don't want you to have any Goddamn fun while you gather them. START LAUNCHIN', SHEP."

Agreed. Of course... they made it even more trite and stupid in ME3. Oh look... some random stupid artifact I need to get for this ridiculous quest. "Click" Probe launched... and... found it!

Never played the first, they didn't put it out yet on PS3 so everyone told me to just go for it (and it had a sweet opening thing that lets you play through the major decisions of the first one). I really don't know why it isn't clicking for me. It just isn't and I'm disappointed about that.
Not playing the first one really hinders the story of ME2. That opening is as bare bones as you can get.

Not that I'm saying to do what we did (bought a 360 just to play ME1), but stupid decisions of gameplay are overshadowed by being yanked into the story again. ME2 is a great house, but it needs that foundation to be built on so it can stand before ME3 sets fire to the roof.

I have to agree with Quotemander. Not playing through the first one does you a real disservice with regards to the story and the characters. There are tons of important character moments that you would miss that continually get referenced through the series.

I like how people think playing a trilogy without playing the best part of the trilogy is a smart idea. Not everything sucks like The Phantom Menace

I like how people think playing a trilogy without playing the best part of the trilogy is a smart idea. Not everything sucks like The Phantom Menace
Maybe he's playing on PS3 and doesn't have a choice?
Man, if only I had brought it up in my first post all this confusion would be cleared up wouldn't it? Man...
;)

Yeah, I actually just saw this yesterday. I'm probably gonna sell this copy to Gamestop and buy that when it comes out so I can start from the beginning.

I'm going to echo what everyone already said. Wait for the pack that includes ME1. Playing through it really sets up the awesomeness that resides in 2. I had grown so attached to Shep... he was my Shep, he had been through hell. He had made bonds with the crew, experienced joy and tragedy, gone to the ends of the universe and back. Joker, Liara, the Normandy, these were a part of him rather than just being crew.

And then it all goes to hell, and he gets spaced.

That was a powerful moment, and really set up the mentality for the second game.

Playing 2 first spoils a couple of OMGWTF moments from the first game though.

I am, of course, referring to Virmire.

I always wondered how someone can play ME2 without playing the first... when you get spaced and die... they usually are like... "oh, that's a nice piece of storytelling I guess."

Me? My shep get spaced... my Shep's air tank is damaged, he runs out of air.... dies in space.........gone is my love interest... gone is the fight against the child god.... er... reapers..... gone is my bromance with garrus and wrex.... my face... :Leyla:.. the words out of my dry mouth...

WAT