What are you playing?

Unsure about Torchlight but BG : EE might be interesting. (i wonder if they fixed mages and their macros spells "consisgency" that forced my clerics and mages to be debuffs mostly)(.

Dishonored might be interesting.

So after not really getting into Assassin's Creed, I decided just to skip it and go into Assassin's Creed 2. Glad I did, I am enjoying it a lot more. I won't get into the gameplay improvements that make it feel a lot more solid, but the biggest thing I like over the first one is Ezio actually feels like he has more of a personality.

Altair just felt very wooden. You don't get into his head in the beginning as you are instantly represented as a skilled and well-known assassin with a bit of a ego problem, forcing them to come up with some "rebirth" plot point to start you at the beginning like a novice. It's harder to get into his motivations other then his duty as an assassin.

Ezio, you get to see why he took up the cloak, and why he is killing the people he is, both to carry on the legacy of his family and to avenge the deaths of his father and brothers. The fact they play this out in cutscenes where Ezio takes off his cloak make it all the more personable, like I actually know the guy.

In the end, it's hooked me for now, likely for the rest of the week. After that I am excited to move on to Brotherhood.

GasBandit

Staff member
See, what got me about AC1 was the time frame. Love me some Kingdom of Heaven.
Kingdom of Heaven came out right in the middle of DAOC's high point. Of course I was playing the hell out of that... so when the saracens broke through the wall at just one point, my immediate thought was "get the mana chanters over there to stack PBAE! You can wipe them all out!"

I'm so bored I played some Peggle.

I...don't know what else to play anymore.

Well, SC2 season #2093123 starts today. Maybe I'll do that.

Finished Fear 3 with Fettel and what I thought was going to be an easier game than with Point Man I found myself in harder situations due to running out of possession or simply not having anyone to posses. Still, really fun the second time around though Fettel's ending was kind of stupid.
He spends the whole game talking about being a family then murders his brother and mother.

Still working on WoW. Going to be finishing up Lego Batman this week I hope, time permitting. Still playing FFXII International Job System in moments as well.

Still playing ROTK 11. Right now, we're down to 5 rulers. Ma Teng with 5 cities, Cao Cao with 6 cities, Yuan Shao with 7 cities and Gongzun Zan with 2 cities.... me? Something like 20 cities but Cao Cao and Yuan Shao even being bitter enemies have formed an alliance against me and have been non stop attacking me in the East while I go face to face with Ma Teng.

Ma Teng's son Ma Chao has been a thorn in my side for upwards for a year, he destroyed one of my units and promptly executed Yan Yan, one of more reliable generals. A few turns later, I captured him and returned the favor. This promptly Ma Teng to lose his shit and throw whatever he had against me and great losses were inflicted on both sides. I still kept my cities though and I think I fared a bit better than he did and reinforcements from my back cities have arrived.

I look forward of returning the favor tonight.

Gave Double Dragon Neon a chance despite my every instinct telling me no. The reviews said it was really good so I took a shot at the demo. What a piece of shit. It plays like slow, terrible, awful molasses. It fucking plays worse than Double Dragon NES. Fuck WayForward. This time I'm glad I didn't just buy the game outright like I got suckered with that awful 2D BloodRayne game.

Gave Double Dragon Neon a chance despite my every instinct telling me no. The reviews said it was really good so I took a shot at the demo. What a piece of shit. It plays like slow, terrible, awful molasses. It fucking plays worse than Double Dragon NES. Fuck WayForward. This time I'm glad I didn't just buy the game outright like I got suckered with that awful 2D BloodRayne game.
The sad part? Every OTHER element of the game is fantastic. Music, graphics, gameplay mechanics, the quirky late 80's/early 90's inspired sense of humor... all of it fits together well, but the speed of combat is what kills it. If you attacked 50-100% faster, everything would be fine.

The sad part? Every OTHER element of the game is fantastic. Music, graphics, gameplay mechanics, the quirky late 80's/early 90's inspired sense of humor... all of it fits together well, but the speed of combat is what kills it. If you attacked 50-100% faster, everything would be fine.
Yeah, agreed.

GasBandit

Staff member
I need to give this game a shot, but Guild Wars 2 has me by the balls and refuses to let go.
When I read reviews of Guild Wars 2 that whine about "repetitive combat" and other such PVE concerns, especially those saying "the story was so much better in SWTOR," I just want to scream

Y

Yoink

Recently I play Freelancer again. So the Germans are still the bad guys in the year 3000 or whatever. Nonetheless a fun game. I think the original Deus Ex is next until the remake of XCOM hits the market.

Had much fun with Saints Row 3 (PC), but the game suddenly decided to run like shit. Seems to be a common problem with Radeon 5xxx graphic cards like mine. So I guess I have to wait for a patch (yeah, sure) or buy a new card. I´m sick of crappy console-ports.

When I read reviews of Guild Wars 2 that whine about "repetitive combat" and other such PVE concerns, especially those saying "the story was so much better in SWTOR," I just want to scream

SWtOR had decent storylines, hell I loved the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior stories. However, that story ends at the conclusion of your chapter missions. There's no interesting story to the raids and the PvP was horribly imbalanced. GW2 is getting a lot of things right, and when the only major complaint I've got so far is the mediocre to awful voice acting, I think that's alright.

Edit: Also, combat can sometimes get a little repetitive, but that comes from not getting bogged down in cooldown management like WoW/tOR would have you do. You can use every ability nearly every single time you start combat, even with the chain-iest of chain pullers.

Current Playlist:
FFXII International Zodiac - Just hit King Raithwall's Tomb and with the SPEED UP option for xp grinding I'm making short work of everything I come across. With the ability to choose -true classes- the game is alot more engaging and I'm quite enjoying it.

Lego Batman - About 60% complete and enjoying the game in the small spurts I play. Didn't think I'd have as much fun as I am collecting all the hidden items in every stage but damn is it good fun.

Black Mesa - I told myself I wouldn't play this until I was at least finished with one other game but my love for the Half-Life series just won me over. I think this is the start of a full play through of the entire Half Life series for me again.

WoW - Got all the archaeology achievements (outside of Panderia) and all the rares (with the exception of the Dwarf Staff and Tol'vir Pet) so I've moved on to completing every Lore Master achievement (outside of Panderia). This could easily take up the time I have from now until the release of Mists.

Holy balls I just looked up FF12 Zodiac, where do I get my hands on this? It takes away all the shit I hated about 12.
Let me tell you, amazing. Now for the bad news. There are only two ways to get it in English.

First for either way you must: Get the American version ISO and the Japanese version ISO and the conversion patch. Use the conversion patch and it combines the two ISOS into one English Translated version of the International. I don't know how they did it but 99% of the game is translated and the only things that haven't been are negligible (Explanation of what pressing the SQUARE button in Bjuerba does has been the only non-translated thing I've found so far). Then once you have this -Perfect Version- you can either.

PC - on PS2 Emulator, which I hear is great if your PC is strong enough because of Save states allowing you to cheat certain cheap things in the game like -rare chests- and -numerology hits-
Backwards Compatible PS3 or PS2 that has ISO reading software hacked into it.

The PC route is MUCH easier if you don't have the hacked consoles, and even with the hacked consoles there's alot more steps involved after that.

TLDR: Get American ISO, Get Japanese ISO, Get Patch. Use Patch. Take Combined ISO and use with PS2 Emulator on PC.

Let me tell you, amazing. Now for the bad news. There are only two ways to get it in English.

First for either way you must: Get the American version ISO and the Japanese version ISO and the conversion patch. Use the conversion patch and it combines the two ISOS into one English Translated version of the International. I don't know how they did it but 99% of the game is translated and the only things that haven't been are negligible (Explanation of what pressing the SQUARE button in Bjuerba does has been the only non-translated thing I've found so far). Then once you have this -Perfect Version- you can either.

PC - on PS2 Emulator, which I hear is great if your PC is strong enough because of Save states allowing you to cheat certain cheap things in the game like -rare chests- and -numerology hits-
Backwards Compatible PS3 or PS2 that has ISO reading software hacked into it.

The PC route is MUCH easier if you don't have the hacked consoles, and even with the hacked consoles there's alot more steps involved after that.

TLDR: Get American ISO, Get Japanese ISO, Get Patch. Use Patch. Take Combined ISO and use with PS2 Emulator on PC.
I figured as much. I can run some PS2 games on the laptop (ff10 does alright, there's a little slowdown here and there though), but PS and PS2 emulators are such a Goddamned pain to get running correctly, plus getting the games themselves to work right. Ugh.

That's impossible.
A list of new features as below:
  • The Zodiac Job System – There are now 12 License Boards, each one representing a job. Once a character chooses a job however, they are stuck with it throughout the entire game. Isolated licenses can be accessed by unlocking Espers and Quickenings.
  • Trial Mode – The party must fight through 100 stages, each one containing stronger monsters. Completing this mode unlocks New Game+: Weak Mode.
  • Controllable Guests – Guest characters can now be controlled, and their gambits can be edited. Their equipment cannot be removed.
  • Controllable Espers – Espers can now be controlled once summoned, and their gambits can be edited. The player can use their ultimate attack at will.
  • Speed Boost – Pressing the L1 button speeds up the game, making getting around easier. The music still plays at normal speed.
  • Gambit Changes – There are 16 new gambits. All the gambits can be bought upon leaving Barheim Passage.
  • Item Changes – New items have been added, and some of their effects have been slightly changed.
  • Enemy Changes – Enemies have been changed slightly, plus new enemies have been added. A battle against all five Judge Magisters is also included.
  • Magick Changes – Water and Watera are renamed to Aqua and Aquara. Many spells have been re-categorized; Bravery and Faith are now White Magick for example. Cure and all tier 1 Black Magick elemental spells have an area of effect (same as their higher tier counterpart) instead of targeting only 1 unit. Not all magick can be bought, and some must be found in treasure chests.
  • Equipment Changes – New weapons have been added, like the Excalipoor, while others have been slightly changed. Armor and accessories have also been slightly changed. Some weapons have different elemental alignments.
  • Shop Listings – Some shops have had their inventory changed.
  • Hunt Reward Changes - Rewards for defeating Marks have slightly changed.
  • Mist Knack (Quickening) Changes – Mist knacks no longer take up MP. Instead, they have their own Mist gauge.
  • MP Changes – Since Mist Knacks do not use MP now, obtaining Mist Knacks does not increase MP. Instead, characters simply get more MP as they level up. Max MP is determined by the character's job.
  • New Game+ – Two New Game+ modes are available. Strong Mode, where all characters begin at level 90, and Weak Mode, where all characters begin at level 1 and never level up. Nothing carries over into these new save files.
  • Treasure Re-spawns – Treasures pots now respawn by just moving one screen away.
  • Treasure Item Changes - Some items inside coffers have been switched around, added, or removed.
  • Break Damage Limit – There is no damage limit anymore. If a character does more than 9,999 damage, the game will show it. Against weak enemies, it is possible to achieve over 100,000 HP of damage with a single attack. This gives the strongest magick spells greater potency to rival melee attack with high hit combo.
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=154261

I really gotta get a Super Gameboy. Then I can beat Super Mario land without fear of my batteries dying. No saves, no continues. Fucking hardcore.

Where does it say it fixed the shitty storyline, the tube vision and hammy acting?
Hammy acting? It easily has some of the best voice acting of any game I've ever played. Period. The lines might not be 100% amazing, but the voice acting is theatre quality. -Shitty Storyline- is subjective.

They fixed gameplay issues and they did a phenomenal job at it too.

Picked up Dead Space yesterday and started playing around midnight. I got through Chapter 1, and decided that was enough of that for the night! I noticed it is a lot of pop up scares, and while it's more annoying than scary in movies, and while they didn't get me at Knott's Scary Farm, they're freaking me out in the game. >.> Midnight may have had something to do with that though, so this may be a game for me to play mid-day!

I also played the Bastion demo. Definitely going to have to buy this one!

GasBandit

Staff member
Bastion's definitely a fun little play. And the ending... well, there are only a few games that make me really consider the choices I make in games (for instance, the ending choices in Deus Ex - Human Revolution), and bastion is one of those games. Especially
the part where I decided to rescue the traitor and carry him out. I was sure I was going to get a BAD END at one point but then they stopped attacking after a few rounds and just kept watching me as I carried him to safety, even smacking one of their own who thought to shoot me in the back. It was high freakin' cinema in 16 bit graphics I tell ya what.

I'm still in the throes of Guild Wars 2, but after the little woman goes to bed, I'm also still playing Alan Wake. I think I'm near the finale cause the mook baddies are getting ridiculous.