What are you playing?

Had Killing Floor 2 on my PC for a year or so after buying it cheap at a Steam sale. Now that there is a influx of many new players via Epic, i started playing it too.
Love the Demolition perk.

Also, playing with randos is really the worst. People just rage quitting is so annoying.

Last edited:
I'm looooving DOS2, but the autosave is weapons grade horseshit.

Sometimes it feels like it saves every 3 minutes and then I'll go to load after a particularly catastrophic turn of events messes up everything and it's like 30 minutes ago.

My husband keeps talking about building a new, more organized factory in a new location in Satisfactory and abandoning our first factory. He has seemingly given up on this task however, and I continue to build a giant OSHA violation in our original spot.

We do have everything getting sent to a nice sorted hallway on the bottom floor, but that's about the only thing we have going for us.

GasBandit

Staff member
My husband keeps talking about building a new, more organized factory in a new location in Satisfactory and abandoning our first factory. He has seemingly given up on this task however, and I continue to build a giant OSHA violation in our original spot.

We do have everything getting sent to a nice sorted hallway on the bottom floor, but that's about the only thing we have going for us.
I tore everything out of my base except for the oil refining stuff which was off on its own anyway, and rebuilt entirely starting with iron smelting on the ground floor and going vertical. Copper smelting on floor 2, steel smelting on floor 3, iron components on 4, copper components on 5, steel on 6, and then a new floor for each "tech level" of advanced components above that.

By the time I was done, I was higher than the arch the sky manta flies through.

Emrys had to stop watching me play because it gave her vertigo.

As for me, I'm really put out by the fact that you can't clip a conveyor lift through a foundation plate.

I tore everything out of my base except for the oil refining stuff which was off on its own anyway, and rebuilt entirely starting with iron smelting on the ground floor and going vertical. Copper smelting on floor 2, steel smelting on floor 3, iron components on 4, copper components on 5, steel on 6, and then a new floor for each "tech level" of advanced components above that.

By the time I was done, I was higher than the arch the sky manta flies through.

Emrys had to stop watching me play because it gave her vertigo.

As for me, I'm really put out by the fact that you can't clip a conveyor lift through a foundation plate.
I would be happy if we had conveyor floors like we have conveyor walls.

got 10 second ninja some time ago in some bundle or other. It's a platformer, and I generally hate platformers.

But I'm liking it so far...gotten though about 15 levels.

I am loving Path of Exile. I’m glad I grabbed it again for the PS4 since bad things happened to my old PC.

I’m finding that it has a pretty steep learning curve with the league harvest feature/garden being complicated. Hopefully my little garden will be worth the wait.

As I creep up the Monster Train difficulty levels, one thing remains COMPLETELY certain. No matter how well a run is or how well oiled a machine my deck seems to be running, this mother fucker can easily send it straight to hell. This fucker is harder than all of the main bosses somehow.

1595223263025.png

Dishonored.
Played both a no-kill/no-detection play-through and a "if it moves slaughter it" play-through.
I'm impressed with the in-game changes that occur between the two play-styles. Usually you just get a different ending in most games, but in this one the changes affect background, dialogue and even level design. In my "KILL EVERYTHING!" game I am dropped off by the boatman Samuel to the final island, who proceeds to inform me that I am far worse than any of the villains thus-far and that he would be lying if he wished me good luck on my mission. Then the jerk tells me he's going to try and make my end swift by alerting the guards and immediately fires a gun into the air summoning them.
I shot the back-stabbing traitor right off his boat as he fled.

Dishonored.
Played both a no-kill/no-detection play-through and a "if it moves slaughter it" play-through.
I'm impressed with the in-game changes that occur between the two play-styles. Usually you just get a different ending in most games, but in this one the changes affect background, dialogue and even level design. In my "KILL EVERYTHING!" game I am dropped off by the boatman Samuel to the final island, who proceeds to inform me that I am far worse than any of the villains thus-far and that he would be lying if he wished me good luck on my mission. Then the jerk tells me he's going to try and make my end swift by alerting the guards and immediately fires a gun into the air summoning them.
I shot the back-stabbing traitor right off his boat as he fled.
I knew he was going to do that in my kill-everything playthrough, so I tranq'd him before he could fire his gun.

I may be a murderous monster who kills everything in sight, but I'm not going to kill my homie Samuel.

I knew he was going to do that in my kill-everything playthrough, so I tranq'd him before he could fire his gun.

I may be a murderous monster who kills everything in sight, but I'm not going to kill my homie Samuel.
You're the nice one. I don't think I left anyone standing in my wake. At any point that I saved someone from certain doom in the game I'd shove my blade right through their neck the second I was rewarded.
When I returned from being poisoned to the Hound Pits Pub poor Cecelia informed me that Havelock had everyone killed... then I ran her through so she could join her friends.

I am Death itself...

[PoE] has a pretty steep learning curve
Wait until you get to 70 (I think it's 70) and exp gain changes.

Really, my two biggest beefs (beeves?) with PoE are:
1) The game actively punishes you for standing still. WAY too many enemies either harm you somehow when you kill them (punishing melee characters) or else they constantly summon powerful allies/effects on top of you at range (punishing ranged characters)... but almost all attacks your character makes require you to stand still. There is no "Shoot/attack while moving" perk (or if there is, I've never found it).
2) There are too many effects in the game that freeze/stun/immobilize or otherwise CC you and there is no way to avoid them all, meaning that standing still for extended periods of time is UNAVOIDABLE unless you pick one specific character and follow one specific path, and even then it’s not a guarantee.

Also a lesser beef is that while leech/regeneration work great at lower levels to keep you topped up and compensate for #1 above, at higher ones the regen/leech curve doesn't rise fast enough to keep up with the amount of damage that mobs can deal to you, essentially meaning that unless you combine it with an absolute TON of armor/resist, you might as well just put your points into something else and use potions anyway.

Also, fuck the bleed mechanic. I will walk away victorious from a hard battle and then die unexpectedly 5 seconds later because I didn’t hear the squishy bleeding sound over all the other hubbub, or because my only staunching potion was still on cooldown.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I don't know who needs to hear this, but Ghost of Tsushima is an amazing fucking game for people who like open-world/AC-style games.

(also, hey all, I'm not back back, but will probably be lurking/looking in the background again)

I finally got around to playing Void Bastards, and it's perfect for "I have ten minutes and need to chill". I'm 38 hours into Persona 4, but there are occasionally hour long jaunts where you can't save, and I frequently can't commit to sitting down for an hour, so this is filling in that gap nicely.

Wait until you get to 70 (I think it's 70) and exp gain changes.

Really, my two biggest beefs (beeves?) with PoE are:
1) The game actively punishes you for standing still. WAY too many enemies either harm you somehow when you kill them (punishing melee characters) or else they constantly summon powerful allies/effects on top of you at range (punishing ranged characters)... but almost all attacks your character makes require you to stand still. There is no "Shoot/attack while moving" perk (or if there is, I've never found it).
2) There are too many effects in the game that freeze/stun/immobilize or otherwise CC you and there is no way to avoid them all, meaning that standing still for extended periods of time is UNAVOIDABLE unless you pick one specific character and follow one specific path, and even then it’s not a guarantee.

Also a lesser beef is that while leech/regeneration work great at lower levels to keep you topped up and compensate for #1 above, at higher ones the regen/leech curve doesn't rise fast enough to keep up with the amount of damage that mobs can deal to you, essentially meaning that unless you combine it with an absolute TON of armor/resist, you might as well just put your points into something else and use potions anyway.

Also, fuck the bleed mechanic. I will walk away victorious from a hard battle and then die unexpectedly 5 seconds later because I didn’t hear the squishy bleeding sound over all the other hubbub, or because my only staunching potion was still on cooldown.

--Patrick
Something similar happens to me all the time in the grove. I kill all the seeds/beasts and then die going to the collector to craft because I’m dying and I didn’t realise I was standing in lethal goo. My spectres and assorted dudes « live » through it just fine.

I don’t think I could do hard core.

I think I’m close to being done act 10. I am taking a quick look back through act 9 as I have quest items in my bag and want to use them while I still can.

Dave

Staff member
I don't know who needs to hear this, but Ghost of Tsushima is an amazing fucking game for people who like open-world/AC-style games.

(also, hey all, I'm not back back, but will probably be lurking/looking in the background again)
Good to see you regardless. Hope you’re doing well.

Yes. Dying often. Some naps are easy and I breeze through them.

Others are hideous death fests.

My experience has slowed way down too. Wow. 79-80 was brutal. Our server only just got our first 100 which I found odd.

I also really don’t understand what I’m doing here so randomly running maps it is!

I just died and lost exp. I wasn’t reset to zero though. I lost half of a yellow bar.

How did I die? I was walking on my map and was one shot. I didn’t see what hit me until I was dead. Nice.

Last edited:
Ghost of Tsushima Is the best Assassin's Creed game whether Sucker Punch intended to claim that title from Ubisoft or not

Trying to run trials seems to work, too. If you win, you get skill points. If you don’t win, at least you were fighting monsters high enough to get you exp.

—Patrick
Good idea! I will let you know if there is a death penalty there. I have all the pre-trials cleared and a few of the others left to do.

I have also found and beat two conquerors and put jewels in my map.

I’m just winging it and slowly getting somewhere I hope.

I found a sweet wand that lets me have extra minions which is helping me melt stuff. I also have a two handed one, but I like giving my minions the benefit of my shield.

Speaking of death exp loss, omg I cleared high level seeds in my garden and I waited for the weird noises to end to grab my loot and I exploded. Not cool.

I've started taking a Dark Souls-esque approach to Breath of the Wild, in that I'll get killed by something, but then I'll immediately come back and try to figure out a way to take out the thing that killed me. Maybe I'll snipe from afar instead of attacking up close. Maybe I'll switch to a different weapon and see if it's more effective. Maybe I'll load up on attack or defense boosting meals before I take on the enemy. Maybe I'll find a place the enemy can't get to and toss bombs at it until it dies.

This all worked well until I fought my first Lynel. Yeah I'm just going to come back when I have about fifty more hearts, thanks.

This all worked well until I fought my first Lynel. Yeah I'm just going to come back when I have about fifty more hearts, thanks.
I remember the absolute joy my heart leapt when I first used an ancient arrow on a Lynel... followed three seconds later by the horror and depression when I realized the cost.