What are you playing?

I just started Story of Seasons - Pioneers of Olive Town. It’s cute so far. Oddly enough, they request online play. I later noticed a spot in town where we can visit other farms. Someone least visited my sad little tent. Weird….

Reactions: Cat
Man, screw the EMMI encounters in Metroid Dread. First, the game flat out lies to you about it's attack claiming you have only one opportunity to counter when there's actually two chances. Secondly, while that second counter opportunity sounds like a good thing, in practice the timing is so unforgiving (and there are four different attack animations each with slightly different timing) that most times it catches you you'll miss both counters anyway. Thirdly, miss both counters and it hits you with a one hit kill.

Facing an EMMI isn't scary Nintendo, it's annoying.

Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son

This was in one of the VR bundles I picked up. And I really want to like this one. It's clever, charming, and heartwarming at points. But it has some of the most annoying goddamn puzzles, like a pipe puzzle to fix a cappuccino machine. The best parts are where you're trying to change something for the better in the repeating day, but it also means you have to go through the same dialogue over and over with no skip option. For a time loop game, it's not very open about what you do or how your actions affect things.

Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Knight

This was spurred on when I randomly remembered I never got all the achievements in Arkham City. I 100%'d Arkham Asylum, but was put off by all the freaking challenge medals you have to earn in City. So, I cheated and downloaded a save game that someone uploaded. Screw it.

Then I thought about 100%'ing Arkham Knight. But in thinking about it, I decided to replay the Arkham Knight game itself. Story-wise, it's the worst of the four of them. But there's something about the sandbox of this I really enjoy. The city is full of details, it's fun as hell to rumble through the city with the Batmobile, and even though there isn't a lot of variety in the side stuff, I still find myself engaged enough with them. It's a flawed game and I'd still rank it fourth, but the actual sandbox stuff is a lot of fun.

But then I look at the non-story challenges and you have to complete so freaking many of them, not just for per map, but per character and per Batmobile skin for each map. Fuck that noise. I might still download a save game just to clear those.

Reactions: Cat

GasBandit

Staff member
Playing Back 4 Blood. Playing with randos is the woooooorst.
Only good game I had last night was with 3 Russians.
All the reviews I've read say it's:
1) Only really worth it if you get it with gamepass
2) Only fun if you bring your own friends, because randos are awful and solo is even worse.

2) Only fun if you bring your own friends, because randos are awful and solo is even worse.
That's honestly my experience with most online games. And why I don't really play many online games.

I also recently realized why I don't tend to join games friends are playing: by the time I join a game with them, they already know the game inside and out. So I feel less like I'm playing with them and more like I'm just tagging along at best or holding them back at worst. I think about that time I tried playing Left 4 Dead with you and some others and I was completely lost and overwhelmed.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's honestly my experience with most online games. And why I don't really play many online games.

I also recently realized why I don't tend to join games friends are playing: by the time I join a game with them, they already know the game inside and out. So I feel less like I'm playing with them and more like I'm just tagging along at best or holding them back at worst. I think about that time I tried playing Left 4 Dead with you and some others and I was completely lost and overwhelmed.
Everybody's a noob at some point. It would probably take a few play sessions to get up to speed, but if you're not having fun, you're not having fun.

And I remember from Back 4 Blood's beta, feeling like "There sure seems to be a lot of unnecessary bullshit standing between me and having fun, in this game."

I also recently realized why I don't tend to join games friends are playing: by the time I join a game with them, they already know the game inside and out. So I feel less like I'm playing with them and more like I'm just tagging along at best or holding them back at worst.
I know this feeling exactly. It's probably the main reason I stopped playing Valheim. I was puttering around learning the game, and it seemed everyone else was zerg-rushing three bosses ahead of me. So it mostly just felt like solo play anyway.

It's always been my experience in multiplayer anything that either everyone knows the game already, or everybody is still learning/following the story. Which everyone does at their own speed so that's annoying, but everybody already being better at it is no fun either, so... Yeah.

I will play Left 4 Dead with you happily; I love it and have never gotten any better at it. I am an eternal noob.

All the reviews I've read say it's:
1) Only really worth it if you get it with gamepass
And the rewievs are dead on.
Also set voicechat to mute. You mostly get 12 year old squekers who curse in all the european languages or you drop into a trio of friends who only speak their own language.
Solo is horrible. If there are multiple objectives (plant bombs, board up walls,ect) than good luck doing it all on your own,while bots get stuck on staircases.

GasBandit

Staff member
Alright, I'm gonna tell you guys a story that might make some of you think a little less of me.

So, I started a new game of Rimworld recently. And I installed The Forbidden Mod That Shall Not Be Named. Suffice to say it... fleshes out the physical aspects of romance, makes allowances for pregnancy/children, STDs, prostitution, and adds other things that some people might find objectionable.

I started a random start "naked brutality" scenario. In this scenario you pick one of six randomly generated people, and are dropped completely naked and without any supplies whatsoever into a location of your choosing, and supposedly it's very difficult not to die, and it's going to make you have to make some hard choices about what you're willing to do to survive.

Me, I found it actually a little easier to be able to focus on micromanaging one pawn and ensure what needed to be done most urgently got done first, and there were no pesky social fights, and food was much faster to forage for just one person.

Anyway, all my options for who to drop were all pretty sucky, but the one I picked was a pretty good colonist - she was a a Glitterworld doctor with overall decent stats (most skills 2 or higher with medicine and artistic at 8 and 6) and had the added beneficial stats of being both a fast sleeper and a jogger - less time sleeping and walking is always a good thing. Also she was a nudist, so dropping naked now was a bonus instead of a detriment. However, the major drawback to this character is that she is incapable of violence, even in self-defence. She cannot fight, she cannot shoot. This could be a real problem. I could only hope that I could recruit more colonists as quickly as possible.

She dropped into a mountainous area at the southern edge of the temperate forest zone. I figured the year-round growing season and lots of caves to hide in would help. Plus, the warmer client helps with that whole nudist thing.

Oh and did I mention I chose Randy Random as the storyteller?

At any rate, progress is slow but steady. Most early days were spent dodging giant insectoid tunnel dwellers and getting a small patch of rice growing. Also some cotton so there'd be a commodity to trade with caravans that came past. I did manage to recruit another colonist, but he got caught by the megaspiders when I wasn't paying attention to where he was going to forage, and they oviposited him and the brood exploded out of his torso, killing him.

One thing I did not figure on was that, thanks to the aforementioned Forbidden Mod, being alone and horny started to become a serious mood dampener. You're able to mitigate it somewhat with, er, "self service," but it's no substitute for the real thing. And after living by yourself in a cave for most of a year can start to drive someone batty. Start considering things one previously would have thought they'd never think.

At one point, a local squirrel decided to self tame, and started hanging around her cave. And as it happened...

[REDACTED]

...some months later she gave birth to a litter of six healthy squirrels. :Leyla:

One of them was killed by a rabid wild guinea pig when it was out foraging for food as a juvenile a few weeks later. And it did cause a little depression in the colonist (a -5 moodlet for "My daughter, Squirrel 2, died")

And then the colonist's ex lover (yes, the human one) showed up as the single member of a hostile faction's raid.

Remember how I said the colonist is incapable of violence?

Her squirrel-children, not so much. As ex-lover closed in with his knife, the squirrels leapt forward to defend their mama, and though another squirrel fell in combat, they were able to bite him to death while the colonist ran and cowered.

Her moment of weakness that resulted in a biologically impossible pregnancy saved her life, and now I'm wondering if I need to recreate the circumstances that led to the squirrel-babies in order to ensure her continued protection from raids.

.... I am both horrified and fascinated by how this playthrough is turning out.

Alright, I'm gonna tell you guys a story that might make some of you think a little less of me.

So, I started a new game of Rimworld recently. And I installed The Forbidden Mod That Shall Not Be Named. Suffice to say it... fleshes out the physical aspects of romance, makes allowances for pregnancy/children, STDs, prostitution, and adds other things that some people might find objectionable.

I started a random start "naked brutality" scenario. In this scenario you pick one of six randomly generated people, and are dropped completely naked and without any supplies whatsoever into a location of your choosing, and supposedly it's very difficult not to die, and it's going to make you have to make some hard choices about what you're willing to do to survive.

Me, I found it actually a little easier to be able to focus on micromanaging one pawn and ensure what needed to be done most urgently got done first, and there were no pesky social fights, and food was much faster to forage for just one person.

Anyway, all my options for who to drop were all pretty sucky, but the one I picked was a pretty good colonist - she was a a Glitterworld doctor with overall decent stats (most skills 2 or higher with medicine and artistic at 8 and 6) and had the added beneficial stats of being both a fast sleeper and a jogger - less time sleeping and walking is always a good thing. Also she was a nudist, so dropping naked now was a bonus instead of a detriment. However, the major drawback to this character is that she is incapable of violence, even in self-defence. She cannot fight, she cannot shoot. This could be a real problem. I could only hope that I could recruit more colonists as quickly as possible.

She dropped into a mountainous area at the southern edge of the temperate forest zone. I figured the year-round growing season and lots of caves to hide in would help. Plus, the warmer client helps with that whole nudist thing.

Oh and did I mention I chose Randy Random as the storyteller?

At any rate, progress is slow but steady. Most early days were spent dodging giant insectoid tunnel dwellers and getting a small patch of rice growing. Also some cotton so there'd be a commodity to trade with caravans that came past. I did manage to recruit another colonist, but he got caught by the megaspiders when I wasn't paying attention to where he was going to forage, and they oviposited him and the brood exploded out of his torso, killing him.

One thing I did not figure on was that, thanks to the aforementioned Forbidden Mod, being alone and horny started to become a serious mood dampener. You're able to mitigate it somewhat with, er, "self service," but it's no substitute for the real thing. And after living by yourself in a cave for most of a year can start to drive someone batty. Start considering things one previously would have thought they'd never think.

At one point, a local squirrel decided to self tame, and started hanging around her cave. And as it happened...

[REDACTED]

...some months later she gave birth to a litter of six healthy squirrels. :Leyla:

One of them was killed by a rabid wild guinea pig when it was out foraging for food as a juvenile a few weeks later. And it did cause a little depression in the colonist (a -5 moodlet for "My daughter, Squirrel 2, died")

And then the colonist's ex lover (yes, the human one) showed up as the single member of a hostile faction's raid.

Remember how I said the colonist is incapable of violence?

Her squirrel-children, not so much. As ex-lover closed in with his knife, the squirrels leapt forward to defend their mama, and though another squirrel fell in combat, they were able to bite him to death while the colonist ran and cowered.

Her moment of weakness that resulted in a biologically impossible pregnancy saved her life, and now I'm wondering if I need to recreate the circumstances that led to the squirrel-babies in order to ensure her continued protection from raids.

.... I am both horrified and fascinated by how this playthrough is turning out.
The fact that all the RimWorld people look like Fisher Price Little People* somehow manages to make this story even more bizarre in my mind.

(*Vintage Little People, not the current incarnations.)

GasBandit

Staff member
The fact that all the RimWorld people look like Fisher Price Little People* somehow manages to make this story even more bizarre in my mind.

(*Vintage Little People, not the current incarnations.)
And The animation for doing the deed is just these little people bonking into each other over and over again. It's actually kind of comical.

GasBandit

Staff member
I wish I had something more interesting to say about RimWorld right now, but things have progressed rather mundanely.

Two more colonists have joined, one simply wandered in and was useful enough to let stay, and the other was an enemy (with good stats) who crashed in a pod and had to be imprisoned and "convinced" to live here in this dark squirrel-infested cave. He came around eventually.

There was another raid, but the lone raider decided to take a shortcut through a tunnel that went through an insectoid nest, and got eaten. A wild muffalo went berserk but the colonists just hid in the cave until it calmed down.

There was a close call when a colonist decided to try doing some mining near the insectoid nest, but I caught it in time this time, and figured out the manager settings that were causing that to happen, and changed the allowable area for mining to exclude insectoid territory.

Something interesting about the squirrels though - as nobody in my colony has adequate "Animal" skill to train them, they slowly go feral and then return to the wild. However, before that happened, they started breeding with each other, and litters of squirrels are 2-8 baby squirrels. Subsequent generations of squirrels apparently do not count as Squirrel-Mama's "kin" so their eventual deaths do not affect her mood. So, the squirrels breed and produce a new generation, then the older generation goes feral and wanders out into the map. The result? A self-sustaining exponential progression of the local squirrel population, with dozens of squirrels set up right outside the entrance to the colony cave. I wonder if this will eventually cause a complete destruction of the local ecology.

Despite there now being male humans in the colony with which Squirrel-Mama is in excellent social standing, nobody seems particularly inclined to hook up with each other. There were some brief half-hearted attempts to woo, but they were always rejected. Sexual frustration is mounting among all concerned. One male colonist has attempted twice to go find himself a wild muffalo, but I intervened by drafting him for combat and then immediately undrafting him. The interruption apparently is enough to break the mood (or perhaps shake him back to his senses) and he returns to work/rest as normal.

I wonder how this will pan out.

I wish I had something more interesting to say about RimWorld right now, but things have progressed rather mundanely.

Two more colonists have joined, one simply wandered in and was useful enough to let stay, and the other was an enemy (with good stats) who crashed in a pod and had to be imprisoned and "convinced" to live here in this dark squirrel-infested cave. He came around eventually.

There was another raid, but the lone raider decided to take a shortcut through a tunnel that went through an insectoid nest, and got eaten. A wild muffalo went berserk but the colonists just hid in the cave until it calmed down.

There was a close call when a colonist decided to try doing some mining near the insectoid nest, but I caught it in time this time, and figured out the manager settings that were causing that to happen, and changed the allowable area for mining to exclude insectoid territory.

Something interesting about the squirrels though - as nobody in my colony has adequate "Animal" skill to train them, they slowly go feral and then return to the wild. However, before that happened, they started breeding with each other, and litters of squirrels are 2-8 baby squirrels. Subsequent generations of squirrels apparently do not count as Squirrel-Mama's "kin" so their eventual deaths do not affect her mood. So, the squirrels breed and produce a new generation, then the older generation goes feral and wanders out into the map. The result? A self-sustaining exponential progression of the local squirrel population, with dozens of squirrels set up right outside the entrance to the colony cave. I wonder if this will eventually cause a complete destruction of the local ecology.

Despite there now being male humans in the colony with which Squirrel-Mama is in excellent social standing, nobody seems particularly inclined to hook up with each other. There were some brief half-hearted attempts to woo, but they were always rejected. Sexual frustration is mounting among all concerned. One male colonist has attempted twice to go find himself a wild muffalo, but I intervened by drafting him for combat and then immediately undrafting him. The interruption apparently is enough to break the mood (or perhaps shake him back to his senses) and he returns to work/rest as normal.

I wonder how this will pan out.
Getting serious Tommy vibes here...

GasBandit

Staff member
So, further Rimworld developments worth noting:

My humans have started actually having sex with each other instead of animals.

I'm up to 4 colonists and a prisoner now.

The prisoner is a member of an enemy faction but came pre-baked as one of the colonists' lover, so I'm trying to convert them to live with us. Plus he's got really good stats especially in farming.

I had a grizzly bear self tame. :confused:

I had another prisoner that went berserk, and broke out of her cell, causing some injury. I recaptured her, but when it looked like she might go berserk again, I moved the grizzly bear into her cell. Sure enough, when she went berserk a second time, she punched the grizzly bear in the face. The grizzly bear killed and ate her.

The squirrels are now a dillema. They keep breeding like crazy. But I discovered that now that they have no direct familial relationship with the first colonist, they don't seem to feel the need to defend her (or even each other). So they are no longer useful as a defense. I'm thinking about ranching them for meat instead. But I am holding off on that until I can research what I need to get electricity and refrigerators going, to keep meat from spoiling.

We tamed a couple muffalos too, so hopefully that will be a good source of milk and warm fur in the near future.

A 5th colonist wandered in to join, but the point at which he wandered in was on the other side of a tunnel completely blocked by an insectoid nest. He didn't get far. And because all but one of my colonists are incapable of violence (and even the one isn't very good at it) I can't rescue him.
But unlike the other guy previously, the insectoids knocked him out and wrapped him in a coccoon which:
1) Keeps him from getting too warm or too cold
2) Prevents him from moving at all
3) Heals his wounds
And then they started feeding him insect Jelly. So now, he can't die from exposure, he can't die from starvation, and he's actually "safe" from other threats so long as he's coccooned up in the insectoid nest.
And then they started ovipositing insectoid eggs in his anus.
And then OTHER insectoids started fertilizing the eggs.
And then the baby insectoids started being anal-birthed.
And this is happening over and over. He can't die. He can't move. They just keep laying eggs in his ass and then fertilizing them, growing the nest's population.
And after this happened for about the 20th time, he started deciding he liked it. His morale level is now rapturous because he is now a zoophile masochist who considers being raped by xenomorphs to be sexually satisfying AND a source of recreation. They keep feeding him insect jelly - which in the game is actually kind of considered to be a gourmet food because normally it's extremely rare and dangerous to collect.

He is my happiest colonist. I don't know if I should rescue him or not. I kind of wonder if another raid comes, if they might make a beeline for him since he's outside the colony, technically, and thus fall afoul of the insectoid nest.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, for some reason it won't let me move the posts to the rimworld thread, so I'll just keep going here for now.

Right as the prisoner who was in a relationship with a colonist was about to come around to joining, suddenly the colony came under seige.

By 106 (one hundred and six!) nude, feral, nymphomaniac, cannibal wild women.

1634960136833.png

Thanks, Randy Random!

First, the nymphs attacked and devoured all the squirrels. To their credit, the squirrels managed to do enough damage that two of the nymphs bled to death afterwards.

Unfortunately, as you can see from the screenshot above, my prisoner cell was only accessible from the outside. So, being forced to have all my colonists hide indoors lest they attract the attention of the slutty, ravenous, people-eating horde, Sev was left to his own devices.

When the squirrels were all polished off, the nymphs were still hungry. So they swarmed past the insectoids in the tunnel (a few stopping to eat all the insect jelly) and set upon Indigo, the cocooned insect-incubator-with-permanent-ahegao. They bludgeoned his helpless form to death and ate him. By the time they were done, there were not even bones left.

They continued to spread out across the area, killing any wildlife they could find in their hunger, and stripping any berry bushes bare. Eventually the only creatures left on the map were a few rodents that had remained hidden, a megasloth, and my Grizzly Bear. That's when they turned on each other.

An insane battle-royale broke out as the stronger of the nymphs battered the weaker to death and ate their raw corpses. Soon, their numbers were cut in half, and those that were still standing were injured and delirious. One of them finally figured out Sev was behind that door and beat the door open, but he was much better at melee than her. He killed the feral woman with his bare hands and made his escape off the map. I suppose I'd have done the same in his shoes, but it is galling that he literally only needed one more social visit to be convinced to join the colony. Maybe he'll come back some day and there will be another chance.

1634960824299.png

Eventually, through starvation, bleeding, cannibalism, or infection, the nymphs dwindled down to 3. One by one, as desperation and hunger mounted, they each in turn attacked the grizzly bear, who handled each pretty easily (but didn't eat them, as she too had been growing fat off of the innumerable corpses lying all around the map).

When the last one fell, I released the colonists from their quarantine to begin cleaning the mess. They also captured one of the nymphs who actually could do some crafting... but I found she was so feral they couldn't "convert" her to a colonist in the normal sense, she'd have to be "tamed" like an animal, and nobody in the colony had high enough animals skill to do the job. Well, at least she could still be sold if a slaver merchant convoy came past, so my colonists bandaged her wounds to keep her alive, then started the dismal task of cleaning up and cremating the bodies.

And about this time it was discovered that Noriko (up until now referred to as "Squirrel-mama") is pregnant. Two of my colonists are actually very skilled doctors, so we were able to do a paternity test, and find out that Burgins is the father (he's the first colonist who got converted from an enemy).

So, in a few months, it seems we'll have a baby to take care of. That's going to be an interesting handicap, for these four who are barely surviving themselves.

At least all the time locked in the cave complex got them enough time to research solar panels, batteries, and refrigerators.

Remember how I said the colonist is incapable of violence? Her squirrel-children, not so much. As ex-lover closed in with his knife, the squirrels leapt forward to defend their mama, and though another squirrel fell in combat, they were able to bite him to death while the colonist ran and cowered.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Just normal rimworld stuff.

Speaking of, the only noteworthy thing that's happened since last update, I had a colonist join who turned out to be an 88 year old man with dementia (I hate how they changed the game to no longer let you preview joiner bio stats before you decide to take them in or not, and how refusing to take a prospective colonist makes all your other colonists sad for "turned away someone in need," it's bullshit). But I guess he has Plants skill 12 so maybe it balances out a bit.

Anyway, his brain craps out, as it does often, and Ali goes on a dazed wander out into the world...

... when there's a mechanoid ship on the map that I don't have the manpower to deal with. He strays close enough to it to get the attention of one of the mechanoid lancers. The lancer decides Ali looks like a prime candidate for nanite implantation (how mechanoids breed, with this mod). So it comes over to Ali, and is about to try to stick robo-chestbursters in him, when Ali whips around and smacks the giant robotic death machine with a bottle of beer he was carrying in his inventory.

The lancer suddenly loses interest in robo-sexing Ali and returns to guarding the ship.

Unrelated and not very interesting news, but it does bring some closure to the story - Noriko, after having twins with Burgins, then a daughter with Twitcher, then ANOTHER daughter with Burgins, has now decided she wants to marry Gleb (who joined since the last update), and now is pregnant with HIS child.

I've had her build and get implanted with an IUD because holy crap this is ridiculous. I've only got five functioning adult colonists (not counting grandpa mcsenile), we can't be having 1+ babies every 10 months, we barely have the manpower to stay afloat already much less raise five kids who won't be contributing to the colony for years.

It almost takes some of the sting out of Dagaga dying in a raid, or she'd be drowning us in babies too, no doubt.

Dave

Staff member
Been no-lifing New World pretty hard lately. It’s an MMO that feels like a survival game without building. So gathering and questing and making gear is the flavor. It really pushes my survival game buttons but I get the criticisms about the repetitive nature of it. Still, I really like the game a lot. Only wish I had more time to play it.

So I've been playing a whole lot of Dead by Daylight, having picked it up during the Halloween sale.

I kinda ignored this game forever because I had played the Friday the 13th game and kinda hated it. But this game is... it's honestly pretty amazing. And there are so many characters and abilities to play with.

For anyone that doesn't know, DBD is an asymmetrical multiplayer game where four people play as survivors trying to escape a map, and one person plays as a killer trying to sacrifice them to an evil entity.

I've been playing mostly as the killer, and the game sports a wide array of both original and licensed characters. I started out playing as Michael Myers, who has the unique ability to stalk his prey. So while Stalking you no longer alert survivors to your presence (usually they hear an increasing heartbeat as you approach) and just quietly following and staring at survivors without being detected will increase your stalking level, until you eventually get to a point where you can instant-down survivors with just one stab. So as a survivor you are typically doing your shit when you turn around and BAM, Michael Myers just staring at you through a window.

It's great, 10/10 would kill all these teenagers again.

Oh, if anyone wants to pick up the game, there's a stranger things bundle going on right now that gets you the base game plus the stranger things dlc, including the Demogorgon as a new killer and Steve and Nancy as new survivors. I mention this because due to licensing being dumb, they will lose the stranger things license in like ten days, and after that point no one will be able to buy those characters anymore, though anyone that has them will still be able to use them.

So I've been playing a whole lot of Dead by Daylight, having picked it up during the Halloween sale.

I kinda ignored this game forever because I had played the Friday the 13th game and kinda hated it. But this game is... it's honestly pretty amazing. And there are so many characters and abilities to play with.

For anyone that doesn't know, DBD is an asymmetrical multiplayer game where four people play as survivors trying to escape a map, and one person plays as a killer trying to sacrifice them to an evil entity.

I've been playing mostly as the killer, and the game sports a wide array of both original and licensed characters. I started out playing as Michael Myers, who has the unique ability to stalk his prey. So while Stalking you no longer alert survivors to your presence (usually they hear an increasing heartbeat as you approach) and just quietly following and staring at survivors without being detected will increase your stalking level, until you eventually get to a point where you can instant-down survivors with just one stab. So as a survivor you are typically doing your shit when you turn around and BAM, Michael Myers just staring at you through a window.

It's great, 10/10 would kill all these teenagers again.

Oh, if anyone wants to pick up the game, there's a stranger things bundle going on right now that gets you the base game plus the stranger things dlc, including the Demogorgon as a new killer and Steve and Nancy as new survivors. I mention this because due to licensing being dumb, they will lose the stranger things license in like ten days, and after that point no one will be able to buy those characters anymore, though anyone that has them will still be able to use them.
So I really liked this game for a while, and I dont give a shit about playing survivor ( I mean, when I played Evolve, all I ever did was play monster), but one thing that pissed me off to NO END was the infinite loops survivors would do by running in a circle jumping through windows/crates. Is that still a thing?

So I really liked this game for a while, and I dont give a shit about playing survivor ( I mean, when I played Evolve, all I ever did was play monster), but one thing that pissed me off to NO END was the infinite loops survivors would do by running in a circle jumping through windows/crates. Is that still a thing?
Loops is a major part of the game but afaik they can't be infinite. But as the killer, if you find yourself against a really good survivor who is in a good area looping you, you have the power to just leave. They have up go to the objectives to get out, you don't have to hunt them there. Go hunt someone repairing generators.

I've found that playing survivor really improves my killer gameplay. Because as a survivor, you have two goals. Advance the map objectives (aka repair the generators) and then if the killer finds you, try to waste his time as much as possible. If you can get him to chase you for two minutes while the rest of the survivors focus on objectives that's usually a net win. So knowing this, as a killer if I feel a survivor is trying to distract me I'll let them go to go try to get wounds or hooks on the others

I was gifted Animal Crossing: New Horizons a little while back and only now have I started it.

This is the first Animal Crossing game I've ever played, so I don't know if they all do this, but the real-time mechanic seems rather interesting. There are certain things I can't just speedrun my way into obtaining, which means I really do need to slow down and take it easy, and that fits well with the easygoing playstyle of this game. So far I don't think I've done much yet, I've pretty much been playing it purely as a "sell bugs and fish and weeds" simulator, but it does feel like a relaxing experience after a long day at work.

I don't like how all the online features require a paid account though. I mean, I understand it, Nintendo's gotta pay for the servers somehow. But I don't like it.