Coronavirus Thread

I read this morning that some parents in FL are bringing a lawsuit against DeSantis for not allowing a mask mandate in schools.

Technically not specifically coronavirus-related, buuuut:

Meet the growing group that rejects germ theory: [from only] 147 members in April 2020 to 18.4K now.
Viruses don't cause disease, and they aren't contagious. Those doctors and health experts who say otherwise don't know what they're talking about: [...] the pandemic is caused by your own deplorable life choices, like eating meat or pasta. Any "COVID" symptoms you might experience are actually the result of toxic lifestyle exposures—and you have only yourself to blame.
"According to the group, all doctors are simply brainwashed puppets, controlled by a profit-driven pharmaceutical and medical research community determined to convince everyone that they need to buy magic pills to stay healthy."

The people running the Facebook group did not respond to interview requests.

--Patrick

Well it was a genetically modified virus to cure cancer which is just a new type of vaccine. My reason for why that’s dumb logic is because it’s a fictional movie that isn’t real and is also fake because it’s fictional and therefore makes stuff up on account of the fact that it’s fictional.

figmentPez

Staff member
I need to stop reading anything related to vaccines on Twitter for a while. The latest stupid claims: vaccines increase the rate at which viruses mutate because "nature always wins", and "there's never been a successful vaccine against a respiratory virus"...

Man I remember however many months ago, before the vaccine was even announced, I was telling people that antivax was going to be a key tenet of Republicans. They all said I was being pessimistic or whatever. It barely registers as an I told you so since it was so obviously going to happen.

I like to occasionally toss out "Even the lead singer from Offspring says to get a damn shot" "Why would I give a damn what some skate punk singer says?" "Well they took a year or so off from touring so he could finish up his PhD in molecular biology with his thesis being on mRNA Vaccines" "crickets"

Well it was a genetically modified virus to cure cancer which is just a new type of vaccine. My reason for why that’s dumb logic is because it’s a fictional movie that isn’t real and is also fake because it’s fictional and therefore makes stuff up on account of the fact that it’s fictional.
The writer of the I Am Legend movie agrees with me.

Austin may be joining the fight.
•School after school defies Abbott's ban.
•Abbott withholds funding from public schools.
•Record number of public schools close due to lack of funding.
•Texas suddenly ceases to be the largest purchaser of textbooks in the nation.
•Texas State Board of Education loses its clout with dictating the contents of textbooks sold nationwide.

--Patrick

•Texas State Board of Education loses its clout with dictating the contents of textbooks sold nationwide.

--Patrick
God creates virus.
God destroys virus.
God creates Man.
Man destroys God.
Man creates virus.
Virus enfeebles Man.
Woman inherits the earth.

--Patrick
Or Texas joins the conservative push to privatize schools, meaning the wealthy all turn to private schools and throw money around to ensure that the textbook clout remains as-is.

--Patrick
I envy you your optimism.

•All of Texas moves over to subsidized religious "private" schools with no overview at all
•Textbooks nationwide are suddenly filled with "science" indicating the dinosaurs never existed, the Earth is 6006 years old, and SARS-Cov-2 was a Chinese-Democratic plot to overthrow the Just Leader of the Free World, Our Glorious True Guide.

I envy you your optimism.

•All of Texas moves over to subsidized religious "private" schools with no overview at all
•Textbooks nationwide are suddenly filled with "science" indicating the dinosaurs never existed, the Earth is 6006 years old, and SARS-Cov-2 was a Chinese-Democratic plot to overthrow the Just Leader of the Free World, Our Glorious True Guide.
You all freak out over Texas’ control over textbooks, but there’s one state who has even more power over what’s written. We Californians will always be there to provide our crazy liberal take on textbooks.

You all freak out over Texas’ control over textbooks, but there’s one state who has even more power over what’s written. We Californians will always be there to provide our crazy liberal take on textbooks.
Y'all need to hurry up with Ferngully-ing that shit.

--Patrick

Enfeebled by the dinosaur riding Amazonian women, my soon to be new short story
I wonder if we can get this trending? Qers and Fox viewers will believe anything, it seems. I mean, with a woman VP and Y the Last Man coming out, we're slyly conditioning society to move into a female-overhaul.

I, for one, look forward to being our new, sauropod-riding overlords.

The Florida numbers are absolutely insane. 1 in 1400 Floridians are currently in the hospital with Covid. DeSantis is begging Biden for more ventilators.

Last edited:
My dying act will be to make sure that my severed arm flops over onto your shoulder from behind.
Your dying act is to cop a feel? That checks out.

The Florida numbers are absolutely insane. 1 in 1400 Floridians are currently in the hospital with Covid. DeSantis is begging Biden for more ventilators.
I have reached the point where I kinda want Biden to be all, "Whaaaaaaat? I can't heeeeeeeear youuuuuu!", or better yet, say he'll send them once DeSantis goes on Fox News, issues an apology and takes some responsibility.

Dave

Staff member
And because democrats actually have a heart, they'll help out. Which they should. But republicans won't give a shit and will still blame them for everything for...reasons.