The I'm Drunk/Wasted/High thread part too drunk to count

So, I got some candies out of Buzz Edibles in Victoria BC, sour watermelon of course, because they were way more potent and because of the sale on that particular candy, WAY cheaper than anywhere else I've seen in Canada. They are legitimately top 10 most sour candy I've ever eaten. It was so intense I just about gagged. Normal "sour" watermelon candies rank a 2/10 in candy sourness. These were a 9.9/10. After the initial (about 20 seconds) searing sourness they start to become tolerable. Then good even. They are actually as potent as they claim so that's nice (have had some so-so experiences elsewhere).

Good stuff.

So, I got some candies out of Buzz Edibles in Victoria BC, sour watermelon of course, because they were way more potent and because of the sale on that particular candy, WAY cheaper than anywhere else I've seen in Canada. They are legitimately top 10 most sour candy I've ever eaten. It was so intense I just about gagged. Normal "sour" watermelon candies rank a 2/10 in candy sourness. These were a 9.9/10. After the initial (about 20 seconds) searing sourness they start to become tolerable. Then good even. They are actually as potent as they claim so that's nice (have had some so-so experiences elsewhere).

Good stuff.
Oh no, I just bought Buzzy Peaches! (20mg THC per peach. 10 peaches in a bag, $10/bag). That's a lot of THC for $10! And then they sent me 3.5g of bud as a free gift. I feel like this is totally illegal...

Oh no, I just bought Buzzy Peaches! (20mg THC per peach. 10 peaches in a bag, $10/bag). That's a lot of THC for $10! And then they sent me 3.5g of bud as a free gift. I feel like this is totally illegal...
I think it may vary a bit. The second baggie of them I'm into now is not quite as intense. They're best bang for your buck easy.

I literally don't know the legality of these grey market vendors. They're after my time. I know Buzz Edibles requires photo ID and they accept credit card as payment which is more above board than most.

I think it may vary a bit. The second baggie of them I'm into now is not quite as intense. They're best bang for your buck easy.

I literally don't know the legality of these grey market vendors. They're after my time. I know Buzz Edibles requires photo ID and they accept credit card as payment which is more above board than most.
I used Headz.ca. Totally grey market.

required photo ID and used eTransfer for funds. That was interesting.

Took a quarter of one peach and feeling it nicely. Tasted identical to start but had a really weedy aftertaste.

I used Headz.ca. Totally grey market.

required photo ID and used eTransfer for funds. That was interesting.

Took a quarter of one peach and feeling it nicely. Tasted identical to start but had a really weedy aftertaste.
Jeez, I have to take a whole 40 mg candy to feel anything and even then it's short lived. The 40 mg variety of Buzz deffo have a strong weed taste. Might be why they crank up the sour in them.

Jeez, I have to take a whole 40 mg candy to feel anything and even then it's short lived. The 40 mg variety of Buzz deffo have a strong weed taste. Might be why they crank up the sour in them.
I only started trying this stuff when a legal shop opened here back in April and I only do it once a week . I'm also a ginger so my response to medication is wild. I've come close to taking 10mg in the past and I ended up having to take 2 Ativan to calm down. This bag of buzzy peaches will last me 40 weeks hahah

Man, I still can't get over Adam's low tolerance. I am nearly lifelong drug free and have only been doing edibles for a few months and this is my afternoon snack for a good warm buzz.

These are delicious by the way. Only a slight hint of that weed taste.

Attachments

I saw them add the bang and said “oh no, this is dangerous” and then I saw them add the preworkout and said “oh no, this is a felony”

Man, I still can't get over Adam's low tolerance. I am nearly lifelong drug free and have only been doing edibles for a few months and this is my afternoon snack for a good warm buzz.

These are delicious by the way. Only a slight hint of that weed taste.
If I can just get over the initial hump, I can usually mellow out and end up okay. The 10mg I took had me in the fetal position in bed with my wife timing my descent and ascent into a mental black hole. I would sober up enough in an ascent to tell her what was going on, what I was feeling, and what I would talk about next time I 'came up for air'. It was not an enjoyable experience. That was with a lingual spray which is a bit harder to manage a standardized dose with. I could see how someone with mental health issues, anxiety, depression, etc. could find themselves in trouble very quickly. I took me a couple weeks to get over it enough to try again, and the paranoia that it would happen against persists today.

Both chambers of the Virginia General Assembly passed legislation Friday that would legalize marijuana for adult recreational use, with retail sales starting several years down the road.
(bold mine)

no cards, no doctor's visits. Recreational use. First dispensary to open around 2023, it's theorized. The bills aren't reconciled yet, so there's still a way to go. But still not something I thought I'd envision would happen in my lifetime, even 10-15 years ago.

If I can just get over the initial hump, I can usually mellow out and end up okay. The 10mg I took had me in the fetal position in bed with my wife timing my descent and ascent into a mental black hole. I would sober up enough in an ascent to tell her what was going on, what I was feeling, and what I would talk about next time I 'came up for air'. It was not an enjoyable experience. That was with a lingual spray which is a bit harder to manage a standardized dose with. I could see how someone with mental health issues, anxiety, depression, etc. could find themselves in trouble very quickly. I took me a couple weeks to get over it enough to try again, and the paranoia that it would happen against persists today.
I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds dreadful. Glad you found a level that works for you though, dang. I probably would have given up forever with an experience like that.

On the cookie that I had above; I had a second one today....Jesus Christ, this one hit me like a truck going 230 lightyears per second within about 20 minutes...(I find edibles take like 60-90 minutes before I feel anything). I am buzzing inside out right now, which is a little above where I like being.

So, I asked the folk who make the edibles I like about some issues I've had with them, telling them my reactions.

They think I'm one of those dipshits whose liver doesn't metabolize THC easily and readily. Which makes sense given my ridiculous tolerance. So they recommended I try more baked goods or chocolate. Something with more fat in it to help me along since that helps. It also explains how that cookie sent me to never never land when a 400 MG pack of gummies lasted me two days tops.

So, I'm trying the chocolate tonight and I can already feel my toes buzzing and it's only been 45 minutes. Tonight may be interesting.

The guy at the local (one of the 340 new) pot store sold me on a can of what is basically weed Tahiti Treat (something I haven't had since I was a kid when it was readily available in Canada). It was delicious, then it tasted like a mouthful of fucking weed. Blech.