What are you playing?

Kind of regretting this Dragon Ball Xenoverse purchase now. I've spent an hour and a half grinding just to be able to play the main game some more. This is really not what I thought I was getting.

Also, the Hub world need not be so big. Not like it's of an unmanageable size, but the shops and battle spots don't need to be spread between screens like this. The real reason is to load in more player avatars to hang around the base.

And I beat Vampyre Story, pretty much played it all day and loved it...huh, that ending was a bit abrupt- OH its the first chapter! Well I can't wait for chapter two- *looks it up* Oh....it never came to be. Well maybe the creator is doing a kickstarter*looks it up* oh...he tried and failed. Well that's depressing but hell, still a fun point and click!

Ah, sweet Bloodborne, it's so wonderful to be playing you again instead.

Ran around with some guys in the Forbidden Woods, got invaded. The invader realized he didn't stand a chance against three guys, so took off running and we chased him. It was actually pretty clever--he tried tricking us into running off a cliff in the mist and it almost worked. Instead, only he went diving off the edge.

Later I tried helping some people against Rom (mega fail, fail, success). Then sat for 30 minutes with my Beckoning Bell ringing, waiting for someone to help me ... nothing. Finally got fed up, went to face Rom myself. Beat him in 2 minutes, first try.

And I beat Vampyre Story, pretty much played it all day and loved it...huh, that ending was a bit abrupt- OH its the first chapter! Well I can't wait for chapter two- *looks it up* Oh....it never came to be. Well maybe the creator is doing a kickstarter*looks it up* oh...he tried and failed. Well that's depressing but hell, still a fun point and click!
Considering this is the first I've heard of the Kickstarter, it's failure is entirely on his head. Also, why the fuck would I want a prequel when the last game ended on a cliff hanger?

figmentPez

Staff member
Considering this is the first I've heard of the Kickstarter, it's failure is entirely on his head. Also, why the fuck would I want a prequel when the last game ended on a cliff hanger?
Considering how long it took for the game to be available on Steam, how it never went on sale from any of the smaller outlets that carried it, and that it's just generally been poorly marketed from the very start, I'm not at all surprised that the Kickstarter was botched.

Considering how long it took for the game to be available on Steam, how it never went on sale from any of the smaller outlets that carried it, and that it's just generally been poorly marketed from the very start, I'm not at all surprised that the Kickstarter was botched.
Shit, and I thought the lax debugging of it from Steam was bad! Note to self, don't let Crimson Cow publish your game.

Either way this sucks because the game had a WICKED amount of potential(especially since in the sequel Froderick would have levels-URRRRRRRRRGH) but hey, what can you do?

Welp, I just finished Dragon Age: Origins, finally (started it early December of last year), so I'm off to Awakening. At this rate, I'll be halfway through Inquisition by the time the PlayStation 7 comes out.
OK, that went a LOT faster than anticipated, one solid week-end and Awakening was put to bed. Now I just need to go through The Golems of Amgarrak, Witch Hunt, Leliana's Song and The Darkspawn Chronicles, and then on to Dragon Age II!

I might actually make it in time for the PS6 after all!

OK, that went a LOT faster than anticipated, one solid week-end and Awakening was put to bed. Now I just need to go through The Golems of Amgarrak, Witch Hunt, Leliana's Song and The Darkspawn Chronicles, and then on to Dragon Age II!

I might actually make it in time for the PS6 after all!
Don't worry, five minutes into two you'll realize you can skip it and be all the better for it.

HA, yeah, I've heard some mixed stuff about 2. I still want to get through it, or at least try, the concept interests me.
That's cool. It did not interest the people making the game, it seems, so you might find the interest one-sided.

My wife powered through it. I quit before finishing Act 2 when it finally hit me what was happening. On the other hand, there's a DLC that is helpful to have played before Dragon Age: Inquisition, and that game is pretty good.

Man, the Witcher 3....I REALLY like this game. The quests are fantastic. The Bloody Baron series of quests is so dark yet man, the characters all seem like very real people.

Also, fuck NPCs with Scoia'Tael Gwent decks. The Scoia'Tael cards have the most broken bullshit ability to play their whole fucking decks without drawing any cards.

Gwent is making me nuts. It's like playing Magic the Gathering with a pauper deck (all commons) against opponents with full on mythic rare stuff decks, except the only way to get mythic rares is beat these fucking assholes with their mythic rare decks. Even when I nut draw all three of my white stripes guys (who multiply each other's power), he just happens to have the hero card that lets him draw two more cards. LUCKY ONE OF THEM IS A FUCKING SCORCH WHICH KILLS ALL MY GUYS.

GGHGGHHGHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHGHGHRRRGBHGBH

Gwent is a legit good card game, shockingly so. It's definitely better than Triple Triad or Caravan and infinitely better than Quatra Master (which is, without question, the worst).

It probably helps that I like card games...

Pazaak, barely a card game, and it was total bullshit because you always had to go first, which was a total disadvantage.
And you fucking hoped for a low number.

Do you have any idea how often the AI would get 5+ card wins? I was amazed by the awesome +/- cards they'd get.

Gwent is a legit good card game, shockingly so. It's definitely better than Triple Triad or Caravan and infinitely better than Quatra Master (which is, without question, the worst).

I was impressed by how simple but fun Triple Triad turned out to be, but yeah it's not exactly a stand-out card game if you remove the Nostalgia Goggles.

Caravan was just too easy to break. Once you made a proper deck, you could never lose... though having a high luck generally meant you wouldn't lose anyway.

Still enjoying AC4: Black Flag.

You know, one of the things I like best about this game is that I sort of have a justification for doing the Assassin's Creed things I do, because I'm a pirate now. Dig through chests I find lying around the city? A very pirate-y thing to do. Stab soldiers and guards whenever I see them? I'm a pirate. Pickpocket random passersby for fun? Pirate, mate.

Whereas in past games it sort of didn't make much sense for your characters to be doing these things. Altair, Ezio, and Connor are not thieves or thugs, so why are they going around looting people's chests and picking their pockets? But Eddie Kenway, he's a right scoundrel. It makes sense for him to be engaged in such shenanigans.

I also like how badass I feel on the high seas. "Oh, a convoy of ships, fire a broadside! Oh shit, one of them's a frigate... oh well, let's take them on anyway." Five minutes later I'm sailing away with a cargo hold full of loot and three new ships for my fleet.

Still enjoying AC4: Black Flag.

You know, one of the things I like best about this game is that I sort of have a justification for doing the Assassin's Creed things I do, because I'm a pirate now. Dig through chests I find lying around the city? A very pirate-y thing to do. Stab soldiers and guards whenever I see them? I'm a pirate. Pickpocket random passersby for fun? Pirate, mate.

Whereas in past games it sort of didn't make much sense for your characters to be doing these things. Altair, Ezio, and Connor are not thieves or thugs, so why are they going around looting people's chests and picking their pockets? But Eddie Kenway, he's a right scoundrel. It makes sense for him to be engaged in such shenanigans.

I also like how badass I feel on the high seas. "Oh, a convoy of ships, fire a broadside! Oh shit, one of them's a frigate... oh well, let's take them on anyway." Five minutes later I'm sailing away with a cargo hold full of loot and three new ships for my fleet.
AC4: Black Flag is a great game, and the only time it ever slows down for me is when it tries to remind me that it's an Assassin Creed game.

Bloodborne: It astounds me that From Software is able to pack a wealth of lore and story into a single room's imagery, without a word of dialogue. Just from entering the room of a certain boss ...

Ebrietas

... my wife and I were able to have a long conversation, looking over the creature's composition, the altar hidden behind it, the state of the room, its size, location, the composition of statues, direction, the pieces they were missing, and tying all that information into what we knew from the game already. That is truly incredible visual storytelling. We soaked that room in for a while before I even tried fighting the boss. How could something be at the same time beautiful and ugly?

I really hope there will be DLC for this game, and I hope From Software gets to keep making these games for a long, long time.