What are you playing?

So, I got through the Doctor Who level of Lego Dimensions. I had a fair amount of fangasaming. They did the weeping angels surprisingly well for a lego game.

Human Resource Machine is a very annoying game to play when your computer engineer husband is also playing it right behind you and destroying the crap out of the game while you have the crudest brute force programming of all time and quadruple the maximum challenge number.
YESSSSSS I figured out a speed challenge that he didn't, AND found his mistake. Wooooooo. That will never happen again.

[emoji42]

Man, I'm really excited about the Life is Strange finale coming out tomorrow, but I'm pretty worried that I already know how it's going to end, and I hate the way I think it's going to end.
*grumble* It's bad enough it ended the way I thought it would, but I had to CHOOSE to end it that way. Emotional traaaaauuuuuma.

It's so funny that Dark Souls can become a playground once it becomes familiar enough. I mean, you still die, but knowing what you're doing and feeling the freedom to goof around is so different than when you first set foot in Lordran.

Also, back to Alien: Isolation tonight.

I just started Dark Souls 2. Am I wrong in feeling like, since I went straight in from the first, that this game feels like I'm moving through molasses? Everything about the game feels sluggish as hell. It also seems to be real fond of the bullshit out of sight attack. Like, WAY more than the original was.

It feels SO much more full of cheap bullshit than the original.

After the crushing disappointment of how little fun I was having with Dark Souls 2, I got Rebel Galaxy based on the buzz. Great little indie space game. It has weird space naval combat (kind of akin to Assassin's Creed 4 naval combat) with a dash of Firefly and Freelancer tossed in. The music is bloody top notch too. Really having fun with it so far.

I just started Dark Souls 2. Am I wrong in feeling like, since I went straight in from the first, that this game feels like I'm moving through molasses? Everything about the game feels sluggish as hell. It also seems to be real fond of the bullshit out of sight attack. Like, WAY more than the original was.

It feels SO much more full of cheap bullshit than the original.
You're not alone in feeling like something's wrong.

It's a game where I was leveling frequently, but feeling like I'd made zero progress. Where there are many environments and areas, but you don't explore any of them; just pass through on the path and get to the next one. For having so many locales, it feels much smaller than Bloodborne or Dark Souls because you don't delve into any of them.

I don't recall too many cheap bullshit moments after early in the game, but I wasn't having fun either way. Pretty scenery though.

You're not alone in feeling like something's wrong.

It's a game where I was leveling frequently, but feeling like I'd made zero progress. Where there are many environments and areas, but you don't explore any of them; just pass through on the path and get to the next one. For having so many locales, it feels much smaller than Bloodborne or Dark Souls because you don't delve into any of them.

I don't recall too many cheap bullshit moments after early in the game, but I wasn't having fun either way. Pretty scenery though.
A lot of this is because the director (Miyazaki) was busy working on Bloodborne, so Dark Souls 2 was headed by a different director and team that didn't follow the same philosophies. He's apparently going to be on board for Dark Souls 3 though. As for Dark Souls 2... the DLC stuff is much better done, but you have to endure vanilla to get into it.

A lot of this is because the director (Miyazaki) was busy working on Bloodborne, so Dark Souls 2 was headed by a different director and team that didn't follow the same philosophies. He's apparently going to be on board for Dark Souls 3 though. As for Dark Souls 2... the DLC stuff is much better done, but you have to endure vanilla to get into it.
He's why it's a day 1 purchase for me despite my dislike for Dark Souls 2. His interview with GameInformer was pretty funny; he pretty much couldn't answer anything they asked, just promising we should look forward to it. Had some nice photos of the demo though.

Bloodborne DLC next month! ... sadly releasing after Fallout 4, so I'm not sure when I'll actually get around to playing it.

Streaming earlier than usual tonight, but probably much shorter time than yesterday.

EDIT: I know I did stuff earlier, but considering where I left off

lower reactor

I couldn't wait to see what was next.

Finished Shadow of Mordor's main quest, all of the Legends, and branded all captains and chiefs for the fun of it. A few hunting challenges left (where the heck are those bats?), and some outcast missions (guys, you don't pay enough, ok?). I have the Hunt and bright Lord DLC, but is either worth playing?

Finished Shadow of Mordor's main quest, all of the Legends, and branded all captains and chiefs for the fun of it. A few hunting challenges left (where the heck are those bats?), and some outcast missions (guys, you don't pay enough, ok?). I have the Hunt and bright Lord DLC, but is either worth playing?
Best place to find bats are at the mouth of caves. You'll usually see a swarm pour out when you come in.

After @Frank mentioned Rebel Galaxy, I took a look at it and bought it on Steam. Have had a lot of fun with it and I am still at the starting Solar system. Being a fan of the X³ games, this has been totaly up my alley.

Well, if you want to be technical, they are patching the beta to full size, the entire game is 22 gigs on my computer.

Both of my friends who PC game have loathed Rebel Galaxy so far and are mad at me for suggesting it to them. I'm still loving the shit out of it. One buddy could not figure out how to fight in it and died in the first combat he engaged in and the other doesn't have a controller for his PC (despite me telling him he needed one).

I played the Yokai Watch demo, a Pokemon-style game by Level 5.

On the good side, you're essentially a spirit hunter, seeking out spirits that are possessing objects and people. I like exploring the town, solving the spirit problems. On the bad side, the battle system is like Final Fantasy XIII in that the fighters do their own thing with minor influence on your part. You rotate who is in the battle, and set up the special attack mini-games, but it feels kind of automated and not really interesting. Unfortunately I don't think the cute spirit hunter aspect is enough that I'll feel like playing this battle system for the duration of a full-length RPG.

Gone back to Dark Souls 2. Kind of getting into the groove now. Still don't like it like I did the first game. I need to repair my PS3 or get a new one so I can play Demon's Souls.