What are you playing?

My biggest irritation with Fire Emblem, which I have bitched about to Terrik already, is that there is a character that is a very blatant lesbian, but she can only S Rank with guys. It makes me ragey. I paired her with the guy who dresses like a woman because it was the closest I could get. :/
I believe that's the character they changed for the North American release. She was totally lesbos in Japan, but they also had some weird scenes with her between the guys that had to be changed for... well, because Japan is fucked up.

Playing Deadpool as a palate cleanser since New Vegas was so totally immersive. It's a nice, fluffy jaunt.

Also playing Yo Kai Watch, but I have to keep coming up with handicaps because I'm playing on my son's DS and it's not good to be doing better than him when he plays way more than me. Currently running an almost all cat team, which is silly and awesome.

I believe that's the character they changed for the North American release. She was totally lesbos in Japan, but they also had some weird scenes with her between the guys that had to be changed for... well, because Japan is fucked up.
They took out *one* interaction with the main character. What they *should* have done was made her be able to S rank with at least 1 female, even if it was a female main character only. (Female MC does not have the option)

She couldn't S rank with females in the Japanese version either; what they removed was the main character giving her a drug that made her see all women as men, and then later he was able to S rank with her. It wasn't meant to be as wrong and skeezy as it is, but like you said, Japan is fucked up, so Nintendo of America nixed it. For the best, but as Dei said, would be better and make more sense if the character could S rank with women.

What would've been less work is if they just made the main character able to S rank with anyone, regardless of which gender you picked for your character, like Skyrim. The dialogue would go largely unchanged, just like for the C, B, and A ranks with your main character.

I mean, Awakening had a couple of characters that didn't actually have offspring, anyway. Of course, one of them was also best girl (Flavia), so she was the one I married my MU to in my most recent playthrough.

But isn't the point to have badass offspring for the next part of the game?
Since in this one you just send the babies into the Baby Dimension and they pop out as full-grown warriors, it's the same part of the game. But doing a same-sex pairing would be the same as not having a pairing if it was a matter of no-babies. But then again, it's a world with magic in it and Baby Dimensions, there are ways around it if Nintendo wanted.

I mean, Awakening had a couple of characters that didn't actually have offspring, anyway. Of course, one of them was also best girl (Flavia), so she was the one I married my MU to in my most recent playthrough.
Your MU always has an offspring though, like Chrom. They're the only reason anyone in Awakening has siblings ... or grandchildren, depending on how you do things.

Your MU always has an offspring though, like Chrom. They're the only reason anyone in Awakening has siblings ... or grandchildren, depending on how you do things.
Oh I know, but almost every female has a child tied to them, so the MU ends up with two kids. Flavia is I think one of the three that doesn't (her, the merchant and the Dragongirl that doesn't look like a 10-year old).

Oh I know, but almost every female has a child tied to them, so the MU ends up with two kids. Flavia is I think one of the three that doesn't (her, the merchant and the Dragongirl that doesn't look like a 10-year old).
There's also that evil lady you can recruit in the free DLC. No kids tied to her, but MU can romance her and she can be Morgan's mother. Hell, you can recruit King Gangrel from that, marry him, and have him be Morgan's father. Awakening was nuts.

There's also that evil lady you can recruit in the free DLC. No kids tied to her, but MU can romance her and she can be Morgan's mother. Hell, you can recruit King Gangrel from that, marry him, and have him be Morgan's father. Awakening was nuts.
Ah that's true, I wasn't thinking of the DLC characters, just the main story units.

Played Street Fighter vs. Tekken today with my bud today, then played Street Fighter 4. The latter was much more fun to me, game mechanics made more sense to me. Also El Fuerte and Rufus are now my favorite characters.

I would also like to say that I had to POINT OUT to my friend that Makoto was a girl. In his defense, Moe characters can get PRETTY androgynous so whatevs. Also he never played as her before today, as her opening animation has her breasts CLEARLY jiggling make it more obvious. CAPCOM LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Also in his defense, she is cosplaying a male character (Ryu)
...shit, yeah that is an easy assumption to make. And now I'm wandering why Sakura never did that? DAMMIT-Street Fighter character designers, THINK ABOUT THESE THINGS! Its bad enough M.Bison looks like a Nazi super-hero but is from Thailand, THIS IS JUST MADNESS RIGHT HERE!

fade

Staff member
She is also wearing a gi, which makes one pretty androgynous in real life, too. I can tell you I have seen some dojo mates in civilian clothes and been surprised by how hot they were.

After the DLC, going back to vanilla Bloodborne content is a joke. I steamrolled through the game's equivalent of a final dungeon without a hitch. Granted, I skipped mother brain, but I can still go back and do that.

Unless I hit the Chalice Dungeons, it's just bosses going forward. I really should go deeper into those dungeons though; I really have only scratched the surface and even if the items aren't suited for me, there are more enemies and challenges you can only find down in those hellholes.

After the DLC, going back to vanilla Bloodborne content is a joke. I steamrolled through the game's equivalent of a final dungeon without a hitch. Granted, I skipped mother brain, but I can still go back and do that.

Unless I hit the Chalice Dungeons, it's just bosses going forward. I really should go deeper into those dungeons though; I really have only scratched the surface and even if the items aren't suited for me, there are more enemies and challenges you can only find down in those hellholes.
Only got to kill about a month for Dark Souls 3 anyway.

GasBandit

Staff member
Fallout Shelter patch today. All those poor bastards I exiled to die in the wasteland for the crime of having hair I didn't like... and now Bethesda puts in a barber shop room.

Well, at least now I don't have to have a eugenics program to breed a vault full of redheaded concubines... we can just break out the hair dye.

GasBandit

Staff member
What makes it even more hilarious is because Terrik uses a picture of Jun for his hangouts avatar, it looks like it's her saying these things.

Oh. I almost forgot: I also started a play through of F.E.A.R., which I am only playing when my 13 year old daughter can join me. We're basically treating it like watching a cheesy horror movie with friends. It's been glorious thus far. I lost count of how often she said, "Dad, you can stop. He's dead."

What makes it even more hilarious is because Terrik uses a picture of Jun for his hangouts avatar, it looks like it's her saying these things.
Plus it looks like she's doing that encouraging, success-kid fist pump. Makes the "go for it" all the funnier.

Two years after buying Prison Architect, I am finally giving it a try.

Not bad, not bad. It gives me that same "I have no idea what I'm doing" feeling I got when I started up Dwarf Fortress for the first time. Similar idea, though, with the building and the resource management.

Although, when it comes to not knowing what you're doing, apparently I have good company, in the form of my guards.

SOLITARY CONFINEMENT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!

solitary.jpg

Two years after buying Prison Architect, I am finally giving it a try.

Not bad, not bad. It gives me that same "I have no idea what I'm doing" feeling I got when I started up Dwarf Fortress for the first time. Similar idea, though, with the building and the resource management.

Although, when it comes to not knowing what you're doing, apparently I have good company, in the form of my guards.

SOLITARY CONFINEMENT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!

View attachment 20573
I like to imagine the guards stuck them all in that room, opened the small hole food comes through, said "This is supposed to be SOLITARY confinement" and shoved a broken mop handle through.

I wish there was an easier way to get co-op going for Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons. Unless you set something up with someone ahead of time, you're unlikely to find something, even if you see their little ghosts running around.

Reason being that I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. I deleted one dungeon, only to discover later online that I was almost to the next item I needed to access the next set of dungeons. No idea if switching to Hintertombs or something will change what I can get. I'm not mad at From Software, things are as obtuse as always, but when there's a specific thing you're trying to get, it makes one impatient.