What are you playing?

I just tossed 15 bucks at Rift to see how it is now, as I've read up a bit here and there to see what all has changed. I'm so lost. I'm terrified to hop on one of my level 50's for now, so I'm leveling a Mage. I was sad to see my home server (Shadefallen) is now a Trial Only server, and had to migrate my characters to PvE servers instead.
Join Greybriar... we (Eriol and I) can hook you up.
And even if you don't, which would be madness!, I hope you have fun. It's a very solid game.

I've got a 50 Cleric Guardian and 50 Rogue Defiant, with random levels of other Callings. I'll have to see where I can move them, I forget who I moved where when I re-upped earlier (been letting the game update).

Finally getting around to playing Walking Dead. So far, it's pretty engrossing, but there are things that drag me out of the experience. Kenny is pissed at me for seemingly allowing Larry's choice to toss Duck out at the pharmacy, but I didn't. I almost got into a fist fight with Larry to stop him from doing so. So, some triggers are apparently pushed no matter what? Dumb bugs like that (the graphical ones are not a big deal with a game like this so I don't even think about those) are really dragging the experience down.

Alright, those bugs I'm talking about, almost made me put my controller through my monitor. Apparently, there's a bit near the end of the second chapter where the 360 controller can sometimes glitch the scene and cause you to die even without you doing anything wrong. This happened to me, about 10 times before I began to lose my cool. Then I looked it up and found out if I just used my keyboard (which is not fun for this game, in my opinion) I could get through it in a snap...and I did. Fucking bugs man, fucking bugs.

Finally finished Torchlight 2 with my berserker.

It wasn't bad, but it got a bit boring near the end. Wade in, punch things to death, run away to potion up when necessary.

Next playthrough I think I'm going to try something different, maybe an embermage.

Downloaded the Football Manager 2013 demo on Steam.

The last football management game I played was Championship Manager 01/02, so this one overwhelmed me a lot. There's so much to do, and so much I don't understand how to do. Still managed to win two preseason friendlies 5-1 and 4-1 though, as Manchester United. The 5-1 match was against Bayern Munich.

It's a pretty good game, but I think I'm going to wait until it's on sale before I buy it.

It is a crushing blow to morale when your starter dies in a Nuzlocke. Worse when two other crucial teammates die shortly after. Now on the upside, Pokemon Soul Silver gives you a ton of routes and areas, meaning you'll have plenty of spare Pokemon to choose from in your box.

The downside is that the ones I caught suck. No one needs five Poison-types, or seven Normal-types. A Ditto? A fucking Ditto? These things are good for one thing only: fucking other Pokemon and making their babies. They are garbage in combat. I cannot win with this copycat son of a bitch.

I must not start over unless I actually run out of Pokemon/black out. But it's getting difficult.

I think Nuzlocke runs are exercises in masochism and schadenfreude. It's fun to watch other people go FUUUUUUUUUUUU when something goes wrong with their Nuzlocke run.

I like the challenge of it, but mostly I like that it gets you to value Pokemon you normally wouldn't use.

At the same time, I realize that a Nuzlocke is actually more merciless than Fire Emblem, because even though a character running out of HP is perma-death in both, at least if you get a game over in Fire Emblem you can just start from before the last battle or when you last saved. A Nuzlocke is a self-imposed game over in worst case scenario, or at the very least losing all your current party.

In any case, I started over. Key word this time: patience. Most deaths would not occur if I wasn't in such a hurry to win a battle. Taking the financial hit of another Super Potion or the split experience of switching out Pokemon can preserve your team, as opposed to taking risky moves just a finish off a foe, and then see them pull out a Sucker Punch, or worse, your Pokemon misses entirely on a crucial turn.

At the same time, I recognize Nuzlocke is supposed to be for a Pokemon game you've already completed and want to breathe new life into, not one you got pretty far in, then quit and sold it only to wish you hadn't later when you discover this whole Nuzlocke thing. I'm gonna try one more time, but if all die again, I may just say fuck it for now and wait until I can do a Nuzlocke on a game I've already finished, like Pokemon Black.

So, I caved and got Football Manager 2013.

It's like crack, except with a 3D game engine this time. The level of detail you can go in this game is amazing.

"I want you to play as a forward, but not as any forward, I want you to play as a deep-lying forward, which means you link up between the midfield and attack, but feel free to roam when you want. Run with the ball when you can. Also, try shooting from long distance sometimes. You won't be attempting many crosses, but when you do, I want you to cross from the byline and aim for the far post.

When we're defending, I want you to close down all of our opponents all over the field.

For attacking free kicks and corners, you're up front, but when we defend free kicks and corners I want you to mark the opponent's tallest player, because you're good in the air. Also, you're going to be our primary penalty kick taker.

Finally, we've signed a new young forward, so I'd like you to mentor him and teach him the ropes."

I just gave all these instructions to Wayne Rooney, I kid you not.

Been having fun with Rift, xpac hits in a couple days. Also messing around on Guild Wars 2 again now that I've got a better system to handle it. Seriously considering firing up Demon's Souls on the PS3 and finally giving it a shot.

Having just replayed 7 on PC, I'd like the opportunity to do the same with 8. It's a purely nostalgic urge though, because even now that I think about it just a bit, I can think of several parts I'd like to skip.

The Laguna parts come immediately to mind. I remember the prison escape to be pretty tedious too.
Sorry - I made a brain fart post. The forums were up on my husband's computer and I didn't think before posting. He has never played a FF game.

I liked the Laguna parts the first time. I can see where you would want to skip them for sure.

I feel like a bad Final Fantasy fan....I just could not finish the last one I bought...shame...

Been playing Bloodlines all day with Clan Quest mod and Unofficial Patch.

Forgot how damned good this game is.

The Laguna parts come immediately to mind. I remember the prison escape to be pretty tedious too.
Heh, I remember playing the prison escape for the first time late at night, and I had an early class the next morning, and I just couldn't find A SINGLE DAMN SAVE POINT so I could save my game and head to bed.

Oh there's a save point in there. It's just that the game makes you run around like four floors of prison, twice, before you can get to it.

Heh, I remember playing the prison escape for the first time late at night, and I had an early class the next morning, and I just couldn't find A SINGLE DAMN SAVE POINT so I could save my game and head to bed.

Oh there's a save point in there. It's just that the game makes you run around like four floors of prison, twice, before you can get to it.
Reminded me of the time I rented my favorite turn based strategy game: Shining Force for the Genesis. Played about 2hrs and tried to save, realized it couldn't be saved (the internal battery was dead), so I turned it off, woke up early the next morning (which was a Saturday) and played the next 18hrs straight to finish it. This wasn't even the first time I finished it, but man, it was such an amazing time.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

I'd never played the PS2 games (maybe once on a rental), but I loved Tools of Destruction for PS3. I immediately bought the PpSN game, as well. And I had actually played this before but didn't get too far into before having to return it (rented it from Blockbuster when I worked there).

Now, I picked it up used. And loving it. For a cartoony game, it can be pretty challenging. Plus, there's all kinds of things to do, like collectibles and the sort.

Also, Mr. Zurkon is, hands down, the best weapon in the series. Nay, Mr. Zurkon is the best weapon/character of any video game.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

I'd never played the PS2 games (maybe once on a rental), but I loved Tools of Destruction for PS3. I immediately bought the PpSN game, as well. And I had actually played this before but didn't get too far into before having to return it (rented it from Blockbuster when I worked there).

Now, I picked it up used. And loving it. For a cartoony game, it can be pretty challenging. Plus, there's all kinds of things to do, like collectibles and the sort.

Also, Mr. Zurkon is, hands down, the best weapon in the series. Nay, Mr. Zurkon is the best weapon/character of any video game.
I hate that this is a good series. Like, really good. Cos there will always be a part of me that hates it because this is the series that Insomniac sold the Spyro franchise for. Meh, I guess shooting Blarg agents with a missile launcher is coping tool enough.

trying to explain to my parents that I couldn't possibly turn off my game....not until I found a save point!

GasBandit

Staff member
The Laguna parts are what kept me trudging through the tedious "Captain Emo and the Cosby kids" squall parts! Bleh! Laguna's bunch were grand. I did try replaying it a few years ago, it doesn't play so nice in XP later on. Crashes once you get to the hidden city part, unfortunately.

I find Squall to be one of the better captain emo's of the FF series. Is he an angsty douche? Yes, but the rest of the cast mocks him for it, which makes it more tolerable.