What are you playing?

Yeah, I know the game is full of little easter eggs like that, just didn't expect something as in your face as a right in front of me brawl started by another game's main character.

Yeah, I know the game is full of little easter eggs like that, just didn't expect something as in your face as a right in front of me brawl started by another game's main character.
True, usually you don't get that kind of interaction unless it's printed on the box or something.

I went back and finished up Darksiders 2. I don't know if it's because I got a good life drain weapon or what, but the last two bosses were painfully easy after getting my ass handed to me by the previous bosses.

I was particularly disappointed in how easy Samael was. He was so badass in the first game

And man, does the second half of that game zoom by. After the kindom of the dead, the maps go from multiple dungeons to 2 dungeons each.

So I was hanging with my bud yesterday, shooting the shit watching vids on youtube and then for shits and giggles we decide to play this game he got in high school "Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude" (he didn't sell it because I'm pretty sure no-one wanted it). Some of the jokes were okay, but it didn't make up for having every cliche in the book, being gut-wrenchingly sexist, and just being three mini-games repeated over and over again. Also there was a homeless black guy named "The Comissar" with big pink lips so...yeah I am only playing this game for review purposes.

So I was hanging with my bud yesterday, shooting the shit watching vids on youtube and then for shits and giggles we decide to play this game he got in high school "Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude" (he didn't sell it because I'm pretty sure no-one wanted it). Some of the jokes were okay, but it didn't make up for having every cliche in the book, being gut-wrenchingly sexist, and just being three mini-games repeated over and over again. Also there was a homeless black guy named "The Comissar" with big pink lips so...yeah I am only playing this game for review purposes.
The whole basis of the series is getting Larry laid. It's supposed to be crude and ridiculous. The series started back in the 80's on DOS. It was back in the heyday of graphic adventures from Sierra and the like.

Leisure Suit Larry games were always as crude and low brow as they could be, it's their shtick.
True, but from what I've read of the series before-hand the sex jokes were a lot more subtle compared to this game. Hell, even the series creator Al Lowe denounces this game! Plus I could take the crudity but the fact that this game is just three mini-games over cycled over and over again is a deterrant. And. They. Are. EASY! The only game thats actually kind-of hard is this quarters game, everything else is basically just a DDR knock-off. And what's WORSE is how you can actually just skip one if you have a cheat token! And those are easy to get too! Its just a really, REALLY bad game in my opinion.

Subtle? No. Funny? Yes. Magna Cum Laude commits two cardinal sins for the series: It's not funny and it's not clever. About the only good part of Magna Cum Laude is the song "Lesbian Nights" (basically a parody of Summer Lovin' from Grease).

Honestly, just wait for Al Lowe to release his new, updated version of the original game. He did a kickstarter for it and made the cash, so it's in development now.

The only some-what funny joke I remember was the red-neck chick turning out to be Jewish, but even the humor lasted for like a second(especially how afterwards she just kept repeating meshugenah over and over again). I remember a scene where Larry talked about pulling a prank on the dean while the dean was RIGHT behind him. So not only was this game repeating college movie cliches, but awful unfunny sitcom cliches as well.

Subtle? No. Funny? Yes. Magna Cum Laude commits two cardinal sins for the series: It's not funny and it's not clever. About the only good part of Magna Cum Laude is the song "Lesbian Nights" (basically a parody of Summer Lovin' from Grease).

Honestly, just wait for Al Lowe to release his new, updated version of the original game. He did a kickstarter for it and made the cash, so it's in development now.
So I'm guessing when its released the opening will be all Citizen Toxie: In the ninteen 80s, Leisure suit Larry went on the scene seducing all kind of women. Then- TWO ROTTEN SEQUELS WERE MADE! Yeah, sorry about that folks. Here's the REAL sequel!

I actually went back and listened tot hat song I mentioned... nope, it was actually really, really fucking offensive. It's amazing what a few years does to your perspective.

I've been playing a free post apocalyptic type MMO, Fallen Earth (steam link), the last few days. It has realistic graphics and lots of crafting. Very similar to Fallout. I have no idea what anything means or what I am doing, which is something I enjoy a lot in games as long as it doesn't make me feel like I am stuck. I'm sure I am turning my character into the gimpiest gimp that ever gimped, but I don't care.

I played Fallen Earth in beta. Hated it. Hated having to craft all my ammo from day one. Hated having to free aim against enemies. Hated having to make EVERYTHING I needed to survive.

It's really the kind of game to play with other people. If you can get a few friends to help supply each other, it would suddenly become much less awful.

GasBandit

Staff member
Tried to play A Game of Dwarves, but it's so inefficient/unoptomized that it constantly stutters the sound and the framerate is awful on my laptop, which granted isn't a beast but it can play Skyrim way better than this. Sigh. Why, why, WHY can no indie developer actually develop elegant code? I've also been reminded how horrible a coding job Minecraft is again lately. Not only is it java, it's bad java.

Pokemon Soul Silver, Nuzlocke run: Well, that's the end. I must have had over 15 Pokemon get killed along the way, which led to a lot more grinding and party changing than most Nuzlockes I've followed seemed to go through. Maybe I just suck. The cameraman put photos in my photo album, so I can see how much the group changes over time, but in any case, the current group made it past Victory Road. Only two from the early game remained, my starter and a Slowbro. Both of them went down against the first of the Elite Four. I spent a lot of time leveling a Dratini into a Dragonite and he plowed through a good chunk of the rest, with a little help from a Rhydon and Ursaring.

In the end though, we died at the Champion, which is kind of the second best place for a Nuzlocke to end, but also the worst, because you're SO fucking close. At least I tried.

Why does Jay always disagree with your Pokemon posts?

Anyways, I'm glad I didn't preorder that Baldur's Gate Enhanced. It sounds like it's a fuckin' nightmare of a game right now.

Why does Jay always disagree with your Pokemon posts?

Anyways, I'm glad I didn't preorder that Baldur's Gate Enhanced. It sounds like it's a fuckin' nightmare of a game right now.
I mentioned this earlier, but everything I read about these enhanced versions just sounds like a cash-in. Most of what you might want to change in terms of resolution and extra side-quests you can get with free mods, much like Elder Scrolls.

The fuck are you saying? I've been playing it for 3 hours without any issues whatsoever.

And it's so pretty...[DOUBLEPOST=1354148956][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cause he feels Pokemon is for little girls. ;)
No, funny though.

He needs to stop being a little bitch and get back on the PC with the big boys, he's been clammering for over a year that he has no PC, now's he's got an acceptable one and he plays console games.

Probably pussy-whipped....

No, funny though.

He needs to stop being a little bitch and get back on the PC with the big boys, he's been clammering for over a year that he has no PC, now's he's got an acceptable one and he plays console games.

Probably pussy-whipped....
I can't play new games. I should have given you my Primal Carnage key, because I can't run it on anything but minimum settings, and even then it's only stable while the game is 14 players or under.

But this is a great Left 4 Dead 2 machine and in that you have a point. I play Pokemon largely while my wife and I are watching stuff on TV, but after she's gone to bed, I should get in some L4D2 now and then. Just not this week since I'm doing 10-11 hour shifts at work.

I have a gaming PC and I play Pokemon. Can't argue with quality.

Now, if they made a Pokemon game for PC that had the same level of depth and strategy, then I'd probably be on it like a shot.

Yeah? Don't get what the troll face is for.
The implication being that WoW pet battles do not contain depth and strategy. Thus trolling the people who do think it has depth and strategy, while simultaneously trolling the people who don't think it does.

... it was cleverer in my head.

The implication being that WoW pet battles do not contain depth and strategy. Thus trolling the people who do think it has depth and strategy, while simultaneously trolling the people who don't think it does.

... it was cleverer in my head.
Have you played it?