What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
I have a problem with junglers, in that 90% of them don't know what they're doing, and end up level 12 when the rest of us are 18, and never assist the lanes.

Me and my WW/Jarvan gank as soon as we hit lvl 6.Then its clear forest,gank,base and then repeat.I try to time it so,that I always have Red/Blue buff on so the enemy cant escape.I also buy Oracle so I can destroy any ward I might come across.

I basically played with friends who were 25-30 from lvl 6 up. I'm almost lvl 20 and still run into complete fuckwads when I queue alone, so I try not to have to. (Like the Rambo melee who bitch when I won't follow them into a turret dive @ lvl 2)

Just finished Fallout: New Vegas. I remember being very turned off to this game shortly after finishing mass effect 2 when it first came out. Glad I finally came back to it. I went ahead and got all the DLC too just for kicks (havent played through them yet though).

While waiting for HOMM6, I also picked up Space Marine. Just finished downloading it on steam and the opening scene for the campaign just oozes 40K goodness. So, so far I'm hooked. Gotta actually play the game now.

Just starting Fallout: New Vegas tonight. My character is essentially going to be Ron Perlman's character from City of Lost Children; high strength, high charisma.

I'm debating whether I want Space Marine soon on my PS3 or later when I have a gaming PC. Probably everyone will be over it by then and it won't be fun to play alone.

Just finished Fallout: New Vegas. I remember being very turned off to this game shortly after finishing mass effect 2 when it first came out. Glad I finally came back to it. I went ahead and got all the DLC too just for kicks (havent played through them yet though).
Last of the 4 story DLCs is coming out on the 20th. Here's the trailer.

Dragon Age 2: My wife is playing Act 3 right now. She's siding with the mages, and pretty much did all she could to be refusing and unhelpful to the templars over a certain quest, saying no every step of the way, and yet she has to take it anyway.

Does someone here a train? 'Cause I think I see a RAAAAILROOOAD.

Dragon Age 2: My wife finished it.

Her romance was with Anders, so THAT was a pretty shocking turn when he goes idiotic. She ended up killing him and wishing she'd been with Sebastian or Isabela instead. The game's railroading just keeps going since you have to fight both sides of mages and templars regardless of who you side with. And then just to show more fucking up on the game-makers' part, in Varric's ending narration he says everyone had to leave the Champion "except Anders, of course", as if the romance were still happening and she hadn't killed him.

When the Seeker who's interrogating Varric for the wrap-around narrative finally leaves the building where they are, you realize just how much you've been playing in a bubble, cut off from the rest of Thados, and how small your events really feel in what could've been another epic experience like the first game. It feels like you're finally approaching something great, except really, the game's over.

And then it was really weird hearing a Florence and the Machine song at the end credits. We're big fans of Florence, but it was as out of place as the screamo at the end of the first game.

She described it as the game spitting in her face, again and again. Glad I gave up on it. Not glad I spent $50 on it.

EDIT: And then one last bit of shit that might make someone laugh: if you load your clear save, you're in Hawke's house and text comes up saying basically "Thanks for playing! Now you can enjoy more downloadable adventures! Love, Bioware."

Fuuuuuuuck yooooooouuuuuu.

Went back to Final Fantasy XII to finish up some marks and sidequests. Got the Tournesol, only have a few mark hunts left, and a couple Espers. Have most of the top level equipment in the game. Also working through Rare Game - I've got about 50/80.

I'm playing New Vegas and i am on my first playthrough. I bought it when it got released but i had played FO3 too much at that time.

Damn, New Vegas is good. Reaaaaaaal good.

I've done 3 full playthroughs of New Vegas, and starting a new one with the anticipation of Lonesome Road. With soem help from Ashburner, we managed to find ways to go "evil" but man it REALLY takes you out of your way to accomplish that. The only negative side I felt the game had.

fade

Staff member
How does it compare with Fallout 3? I loved that game, but I'm not sure I want to shell out for more of essentially the same thing.

It's essentially the same thing with more bells and whistles. However, that's exactly why I loved NV. When I completely FO3 and it's DLC, I was left wanting more. NV was more.

I've done 3 full playthroughs of New Vegas, and starting a new one with the anticipation of Lonesome Road. With soem help from Ashburner, we managed to find ways to go "evil" but man it REALLY takes you out of your way to accomplish that. The only negative side I felt the game had.
I just hit level 50 and they apparently they included a "Karma Reset" perk for the very good in Lonesome Road called I Thought You Died. Basically it resets your Karma to starting levels and gives you bonus HP for every 100 Karma you get afterward. However, if your willing to put off doing all the evil stuff until your level 50, it might be easier to get a negative ending using it too...

It's still bullshit though... if your going to play Evil, you should be able to do it throughout the game. It also comes far too late in the game to take advantage of some of the really evil actions, at least one of which is only available during the main story. It's especially bullshit considering a choice you get to make in Lonesome Road.

At the end, once you've confronted Ulysses, you get the option of deciding what to do with some functional nukes. You can ether...

- Target NCR facilities back West.
- Target Legion camps in the East.
- Target both.
- Stop the Nukes from launching.

I choose to nuke the Legion in that playthrough, but it didn't affect my Karma at all. WHY THE FUCK NOT? I just nuked a community! Yes, it's not some innocent town and I'm not doing it for an apartment like in FO3, but I still NUKED A GODDAMN TOWN. That should have been worth some Karma points just for even thinking about using it. It's my only real complaint about Lonesome Road.

I just got my hands on the Xenosaga.

Will I sleep much in the next few weeks?
Yes. Considering how long the cutscenes are (There's one that has a SAVE POINT in the middle of it), I'm sure you'll nod off after awhile.

But seriously... I love the series, but it really didn't hit it's stride until the last game. I just need to figure out where Xenoblade fits into it, plot wise.

They apparently renamed the game in honor of the series, so it might fit somewhere. Considering the story takes place over thousands of years, that's hardly impossible.
I know it's possible, but I've heard from news stuff that the team said it's unrelated.

It might also not get a release outside Japan, though that'd be some shit.

I know it's possible, but I've heard from news stuff that the team said it's unrelated.

It might also not get a release outside Japan, though that'd be some shit.
It got a European, English release. Reggie said they aren't bringing it to America, so fuck them. They really dropped the ball this generation..

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Picked this up for just under $10 (used) the other day. It's certainly an engrossing game with a lot of "holy shit!" events. Though there's really not much in the way of a story. Certainly nothing in the way of character development or even characters at all. Still, it was fun as hell in a (good) Michael Bay movie kinda way. I think it's way overhyped.

Picked this up for just under $10 (used) the other day. It's certainly an engrossing game with a lot of "holy shit!" events. Though there's really not much in the way of a story. Certainly nothing in the way of character development or even characters at all. Still, it was fun as hell in a (good) Michael Bay movie kinda way. I think it's way overhyped.​

That's because the CoD games, like pretty much every shooter, are aimed at multiplayer. The campaign is an afterthought, at best.

So I should play?
It IS a good story. You just don't get much interactivity for long periods of time because of the cutscenes. However, the bits you DO play are a lot of fun.

Here's a useful tip: Most characters only have one or two moves worth using TP points on to shorten (For instance, Shion's Spell Ray and KOS-MOS's X-Buster). Once you find a good one, use that characters TP to boost stats after shortening them. It makes them MUCH stronger and is vital for some characters like Ziggy and KOS-MOS that can't use AGWS.

I'm gonna throw out the dissenting opinion here. The only thing worse than slogging through a Xenosaga cutscene was slogging through a Xenosaga dungeon.

GasBandit

Staff member

Picked this up for just under $10 (used) the other day. It's certainly an engrossing game with a lot of "holy shit!" events. Though there's really not much in the way of a story. Certainly nothing in the way of character development or even characters at all. Still, it was fun as hell in a (good) Michael Bay movie kinda way. I think it's way overhyped.
I thought the first Modern Warfare was better, personally. MW2 was ok though.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna trade MW2 in for the first, since I've heard a lot of good things about it. Kinda working backwards, but eh, not like there's much in the way of story, either way.

I'm not surprised the game is mostly for the multi-player. And I'm not touching that with a ten-foot pole. But the honest, I honestly thought I wouldn't like the game. I didn't expect almost all the action and even the cutscenes to take place in game-rendered real time. It reminded me a lot of Half-Life 2, which had no cinematic cutscenes at all. The game is cinematic.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I think I'm gonna trade MW2 in for the first, since I've heard a lot of good things about it. Kinda working backwards, but eh, not like there's much in the way of story, either way.

I'm not surprised the game is mostly for the multi-player. And I'm not touching that with a ten-foot pole. But the honest, I honestly thought I wouldn't like the game. I didn't expect almost all the action and even the cutscenes to take place in game-rendered real time. It reminded me a lot of Half-Life 2, which had no cinematic cutscenes at all. The game is cinematic.
Wait till you get to the chinook mission in MW1. Just you wait.